Should the Green Death be remade?

13»

Comments

• Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    The maggots were simply an after effect of the pollution in The Green Death. So personally I wouldn't bring them back.

However it would be good to see the Doctor face BOSS again.

It would be nice to finally get clarification of where BOSS actually came from. I think in one of the novels (twenty odd years later) there was a throwaway line about 'him', but never any real explanation for why he was built or how he ended up where he did. The idea that a chemical company would inexplicably commission the construction of a multi-million pound artificial intelligence and stick it in a factory in Wales overseeing production never made a lot of sense...
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Giggles wrote: »
    I disagree, as many of the original DR WHO's have been lost I would like a few of them remade as in animated using the original soundtrack. Just like THE INVASION where 2 parts were re-created to complete the story for the dvd release.

The lost stories are a different matter. Yes, I'd agree re-making those is a good idea. But not stories like The Green Death that survive.
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    Mr Giggles wrote: »
    I disagree, as many of the original DR WHO's have been lost I would like a few of them remade as in animated using the original soundtrack. Just like THE INVASION where 2 parts were re-created to complete the story for the dvd release.

That's perfectly fine, but it's not a remake, it's a re-creation/restoration. The problem is the idea of having somrthing that happened to one Doctor happening to another. That should (and will) never be done with TV adventures.
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, brilliantly campy. But did you ever see the unsold pilot West was in circa 1965 that starred William Shatner as Alexander the Great? There are bootlegs floating around out there. Classically bad in every sense.

This is actually commercially available. It is, to be honest, a young James T Kirk in a very short tunic conquering the world. It's fun to watch though.

As for remakes in general, no thanks, I've never seen the point, don't think I've ever seen one that improves on the original, and most are just pale shadows if they can even be called that, however many fancy effects they may have. They're even doing Hawaii 5-0 now *shudder*
    So many things shouldn't be taken out of their own time, has anyone ever seen a decent 'modernised' version of anything?
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talma wrote: »
    This is actually commercially available. It is, to be honest, a young James T Kirk in a very short tunic conquering the world. It's fun to watch though.

As for remakes in general, no thanks, I've never seen the point, don't think I've ever seen one that improves on the original, and most are just pale shadows if they can even be called that, however many fancy effects they may have. They're even doing Hawaii 5-0 now *shudder*
    So many things shouldn't be taken out of their own time, has anyone ever seen a decent 'modernised' version of anything?

I'm going to give Moffat a chance with Sherlock.