The Elder Scrolls Online

2»

Comments

• RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wildstar also going with a monthly sub (or an Eve like grind credit thingy) - so seemingly the monthly sub model is in fact, not "dead".
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw online

$60 for game and $15 a month.

but here is the killer an in game microtransaction store.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    April release for PC & Mac.

June Release for PS4 & XB-ONE

Also new gameplay trailer of PvP released today.

Did anyone manage to get a Beta invite?
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not an TES game, its not going to be like any Scrolls game, its not made by the same people who made of the of the previous games.

All this is, is zenimax looking to cash in on a well known brand. It will be a by the numbers wow clone with some obvious tech advancements. It will be utterly underwhelming. It may have a few issues system wise, but overall, it will be completely bland and boring, and it will have none of the feeling of of Skyrim (let alone Marrowind).

Not to mention the completely misguided pricing structure. With the money for the game, the subs and micro transactions, its firmly putting itself to take on WoW. WoW has about a 10 year head start, and TESO will get hammered.

If you are really interested in playing it, just wait till about this time next year, when it goes free to play. But hurry, because about a year after that they will start shutting down the servers.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I was excited for this but I've plummeted into Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for the past three months and I'm kinda hoping it'll still be going strong when this is released. But we'll see about it closer to the time (June).
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just got a beta invite email did anyone else here on DS get in? :)
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just got a beta invite email did anyone else here on DS get in? :)

You lucky S.O.B! I wish I got in lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the loader up and running but it's doing some hell of a download lol

20gb or so.
  • DonforDonfor Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Created a beta account today -now waiting for mac client and access to the forums hopefully soon:)
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was tempted by this game but must admit I'm against paying to buy a game AND paying a monthly fee to play it.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please keep us informed on how the beta goes :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems the servers are offline right now for me and in the news section it says more invitations were sent today on the 7th, so I think we were the latest batch and should be ready to play soon I hope.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems the servers are offline right now for me and in the news section it says more invitations were sent today on the 7th, so I think we were the latest batch and should be ready to play soon I hope.

If it's an invite for this weekend's stress test beta you usually won't be able to log in until Friday and your access will last through til Sunday.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yea i got the invite last night. Downloaded and installed the game
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just picked up this game for Xbox One. Anyone else tried the console versions? SO far seems quite good but I havent got that far.
  • shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching some streams on the PS4. It looks ok from what I've seen. I'm very tempted to buy it but I need to finish Witcher 3 first.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Seems ok to me so far. Wish I could somehow turn off the audio so I don't hear other players conversations or that irritating gonk that keeps blasting out hip hop music.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    shaddler wrote: »
    I've been watching some streams on the PS4. It looks ok from what I've seen. I'm very tempted to buy it but I need to finish Witcher 3 first.

I'll give you £10 for it once you've finished.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other half has it on xbone. Watched her play it, far from impressed, a bit glitchy, the dialogue is rank rotten and it looks (and apparently plays) a bit 'loose' combat wise. Not as tight as Oblivion or Skyrim and it looks like a last gen game.
    Character customisation is very good though.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Other half has it on xbone. Watched her play it, far from impressed, a bit glitchy, the dialogue is rank rotten and it looks (and apparently plays) a bit 'loose' combat wise. Not as tight as Oblivion or Skyrim and it looks like a last gen game.
    Character customisation is very good though.

Whilst I agree about the dialogue in some places, I wouldn't call it "loose" combat wise. Has she played an Elder Scrolls game before? When it came out on PC, I felt the exact same, played a few hours and never went back. Ended up getting on Xbox One with the deal Bethesda had for people who upgrade and it feels great.

Saying that, there was some major lag the first few launch days. Not as bad as what PS4 players have had, but still there.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Whilst I agree about the dialogue in some places, I wouldn't call it "loose" combat wise. Has she played an Elder Scrolls game before? When it came out on PC, I felt the exact same, played a few hours and never went back. Ended up getting on Xbox One with the deal Bethesda had for people who upgrade and it feels great.

Saying that, there was some major lag the first few launch days. Not as bad as what PS4 players have had, but still there.

Hell yeah, she has multiple hundreds of hour save games with different characters on Oblivion and Platinum on Skyrim thrice! (she is so obsessed with these games she set up alt profiles for different characters for the 'full experience '). She usually plays stealth / archer types and finds it pretty much borked. She had it on her Alienware and doesn't find it any better on xbone. Except there are a few extra people on console. It doesn't seem very busy for all the lag and log in delays.
    Regardless, it's not for me. The other half sort of likes it as it's elder scrolls. Weirdly she hates fallout.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    If you have PS4 you should watch people streaming the game while playing. I'm going to do that with a few games this week because i'm not sure how the games are and i don't want to spend the money and then regret it.