CD will not eject!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi!

Got a problem - I've got a CD in my disc drive, and it won't eject. :mad: If anyone could please advise me how to get the disc out, that'd be great!

Cheers! :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grab a paperclip, bend it so its a straight peice of wire. There should be a hole around the eject button. Push the paperclip into that hole straight on, push it and the drive should open a bit, pull it out wiht your fingers and voila. The paperclip pushes the cogs that eject the drive, it wont do any damage.
  • StereRoweStereRowe Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried ejecting it via the software? ie, go to the drive in My computer, right-click and select eject.

StereRowe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks beko, the paperclip worked! :D;)

StereRowe, I tried originally ejecting via the software, but it wouldn't work at all! :mad: I think I've got major problems with my pc actually, it's running really badly! :(:o
  • ArcasArcas Posts: 2,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beko1987 wrote:
    grab a paperclip, .... The paperclip pushes the cogs that eject the drive, it wont do any damage.
    The hole is there for just that purpose so you are right, there should be no risk of damage. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just add that you're best to do the paperclip trick with the computer switched off, just in case the drive wakes up and tries to grab your fingers! :)