Neighbours : FFS...Get Rid Of Susan Bower!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    The storylines in neighbours are better then other soaps like Eastenders where someone is always trying to kill someone else
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha good joke^^
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Thought i'd bump this up...
    Anyone heard rumors about her leaving??

I would like to say Well done to her tho, for the new opening titles
  • tedmaul09tedmaul09 Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHO is this Bowers women? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I am beginning to really loathe Neighbours thanks to Susan Bower. The teens are doing my head in. The adult storylines are so childish. Everything seems to be regressing.

Anyway I dug around for some Australian ratings and yesterday (Thursday 25th March) ratings were down to a lowly 429 000 viewers. That's pretty shocking. Is anybody going to do anything to get that stupid woman out of running the show?
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    The funny thing is that when Susan Bower was interviewed when she first started, she had said that she's determined to turn Neighbours around and ensure that it got a million viewers a day - I don't think it's managing to get a million a week in Oz these days!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Woah what was she smoking?

I just don't understand that someone can continue doing what they are doing when there is such negativity online and woeful ratings to highlight how out of touch she is with the programme.

I can honestly say I hope she never finds work again because she is so arrogant and deluded to think that her ideas are the only ones worth implementing and the blatant refusal to admit there is anything wrong with the programme and general disregard she is showing for the series is just disheartening to say the least.
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tedmaul09 wrote: »
    WHO is this Bowers women? :)

She's the executive producer...for now.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    Watched Neighbours tonight for the first time in a while.... kind of wish I hadn't bothered.... So we've got Kate in yet another dancing storyline where she thinks all is lost only to win through in the end and impress some bigwig.... today the bloke whose show it was.... who then gives her the role of lead dancer, wtf? Libby still running to Susan I see and now moving back home. Wonder what poor sap she's going to get her claw into next.

What happened to the good solid storylines Neighbours used to produce, which viewers used to actually care about? These days it feels like it's just all about the latest teen drama or who fancies who.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Watched Neighbours tonight for the first time in a while.... kind of wish I hadn't bothered.... So we've got Kate in yet another dancing storyline where she thinks all is lost only to win through in the end and impress some bigwig.... today the bloke whose show it was.... who then gives her the role of lead dancer, wtf? Libby still running to Susan I see and now moving back home. Wonder what poor sap she's going to get her claw into next.

What happened to the good solid storylines Neighbours used to produce, which viewers used to actually care about? These days it feels like it's just all about the latest teen drama or who fancies who.

Kate's dancing storyline was RIDICULOUSLY STUPID even by Neighbours' standards. Are the writers on battery acid and stupid pills or something? So, we're supposed to believe that a girl joins a dancing troupe on day and on the next is offered the lead role over all the other girls who have been there for ages? Seriously WTF!!!!
  • CLA29CLA29 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    It's so the little teenies have hope that the victims always beat the bullies in the end.

I was more annoyed by the 'A few moments later' caption. Has that ever happened before?
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    I'm watching just now. Apart from the Susan / Libby stuff I have never seen such a lot of crap.
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair, the eps this week have been really quite good, and I have been a critic during the last few months.
  • take no rubbishtake no rubbish Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    miles19740 wrote: »
    To be fair, the eps this week have been really quite good, and I have been a critic during the last few months.

To be honest I think this week has been a bit poor. Please don't get me wrong, i am a 34 year old male who has never missed an episode of neighbours but it is getting far too predictible. The Aussie epps airing now are looking good...just hope the UK viewers can last the teen drama a few more months!:)
  • Dan06Dan06 Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's changed in Oz then? A better mix of characters - not so teen orientated?
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate's dancing storyline was RIDICULOUSLY STUPID even by Neighbours' standards. Are the writers on battery acid and stupid pills or something? So, we're supposed to believe that a girl joins a dancing troupe on day and on the next is offered the lead role over all the other girls who have been there for ages? Seriously WTF!!!!

In addition to which, the girl can't dance!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    I don't know why she thinks a dancing job will help her get guardianship of her siblings. I would have thought that a job like that - presumably a lot of evening/weekend work - would make her a less favourable candidate. It's such a boring story. Didn't Susan Bower realise she bored us all enough with her last dancing Kate story?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wrong thread.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    wrong thread.

Looking for "FFS... Get rid of Bridget" were you? :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but the red mist made my eyesight go a bit off.
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Sunny and Lolly will return for the 6000th episode and the residents will hold a vigil to remember Bridget, and we'll have lots of Bridget flashbacks.
  • ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully Sunny and Lolly will return for the 6000th episode and the residents will hold a vigil to remember Bridget, and we'll have lots of Bridget flashbacks.

Oh please, no! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lolly can come back. She's really really hot these days. She could wear one of her spandex costumes from 'Power Rangers'.
  • AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question:

Havnt posted in this thread or watched Neighbours for about 2 months now, mainly because the show got so bad I couldnt be bothered to watch anymore.

Is it worth watching again yet? Improved?