Options

Alan Banks

Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
Forum Member
Have just seen an advert for the up and coming adaptation of the Peter Robinson books featuring Alan Banks.

Stephen Tomkinson is playing the part of Banks, and to be honest i am not too chuffed about it!
i never imagined him to be like that, for starters in my mind Banks was quite attractive- and he always seems to get the women!

Anyway, i hope they do the stories justice. Got this and Thorne coming up so should be a good couple of nights viewing coming soon!

Comments

• Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not my choice either and that worries me. Tomkinson is one of those actors like Sarah Lancaster and Caroline Quentin that are wheeled out because it seems to obligatory to keep them in work. If they haven't put that much thought into the character will they fail to do the books justice?
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    No no no no no no and a thousand times no !

He is completely wrong for this role. To me he will always be the priest in Ballykissangel.

In fact I find him a bit insipid .... not Inspector Banks material.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    l will give it a go, would have prefered them to start with the first book instead of Aftermath though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the show, but thats because I havent read the books so have no preconceived idea's!

The Thorne books I have read, will be interested to see how well adapted they are.
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So agree with the op, no way can I get him as Banks, I had in my mind a nice looking guy not smarmy looking but an attractive man, sorry but Tompkinson just isn't Banks material, what worries me now is when a new Banks book is rolled out I will have a picture of him as Banks. I said on another thread in this forum that I think the guy that was in Brookside and then Holby he played a Doctor quite tasty but would have suited the role perfectly.

Ahhh It was Mark Moraghan I was thinking about.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So agree with the op, no way can I get him as Banks, I had in my mind a nice looking guy not smarmy looking but an attractive man, sorry but Tompkinson just isn't Banks material, what worries me now is when a new Banks book is rolled out I will have a picture of him as Banks. I said on another thread in this forum that I think the guy that was in Brookside and then Holby he played a Doctor quite tasty but would have suited the role perfectly.

Ahhh It was Mark Moraghan I was thinking about.
    thanks I was thinking of a suitable Banks and he fits the bill! Not Steven Tomkinson. Keira Knightley as Cabbot? ugh:D
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought of him like Sean Pertwee, sigh or Ken Stott in the later books.

Who is cabbot? I'm expecting Kym Marsh to be honest.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Mark Moraghan would have been better i agree, but still no, thats not how i imagine him!

i also agree with the other point that when i read the next banks book i will picture stephen bloody tompkinson.
    i havent read the books in order, but i have read aftermath.