Transporter TV series

NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
Forum Member
Chris Vance has won the role of Frank Martin....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a320590/prison-break-star-for-transporter-series.html

Hope the series is more like the first Transporter film. 2 and 3 sucked :(

Comments

• Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love transporter so the fact that there is a series is best news ever. wish statham was taking the lead but im guessing they couldn`t afford him.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Andrea Osvart will play Carla, a "former CIA operative who organises his missions acts as his eyes and ears on the outside."
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whistler from Prison Break playing Jason Statham? Hmmmm could be interesting.
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a325257/transporter-star-to-appear-in-tv-spinoff.html

The new Transporter television series will remain "connected" to the original movie trilogy, according to executive producer Bernard Bouix. Prison Break star Chris Vance will play the role of expert driver Frank Martin in the series, the role originated by Jason Statham in the films. Bouix has now told Nice Matin that French actor François Berléand will reprise his film role as honest cop Tarconi.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So long as they make it in the style of No1+No2 and keep anyone connected with No3 as far away from the studio as possible, then I'll be a happy bunny :)
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    All I need now is a PC game of the franchise and I'll be even happier :)
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    I suspect they will make it more about him being a pro driver - rather than the action hero and OTT stunts. They don't have the budget and the lead actor doesn't have the physique. Lets be honest though - they are going to have to improve the plot a good deal to carry the series and even then I give this low odds of being any good.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want this to work but in reality i know it won`t. The films worked because of statham especially the fight scenes. Chris vance is never gonna be able to do as good a job as statham in that department.
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a332143/transporter-tv-series-casts-three-more.html

Hannes Jaenicke
    Charly Hübner
    Uwe Ochsenknecht

Supposed to air early 2012. I'm optimistic enough for it, providing they can do the driving without making it look too fake.
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a337999/transporter-tv-series-loses-showrunners.html

Cinemax's TV adaptation of The Transporter has lost showrunners Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie.

The pair left the project over creative differences after just three weeks of filming, according to Deadline.

The Tudors producer Steve Shill will now take over showrunner duties, overseeing shooting on the action-drama's fourth and fifth episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,314
    Forum Member
    oh first ive heard of it, hope it doesnt ruin the movies!
    Forum Member
    2 and 3 ruined the movie franchise :(
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    I wonder if, at all, any broadcaster in the UK will pick it up and give it a good home, if its a decent enough make of a show..
    I think it would be a perfect fit for ITV4 but who knows...
    (Thats of course unless a broadcaster already has the rights to it in the UK or its a co-production?)
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it Christmas? I smell turkey.

Will probably end up on 5USA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    2 and 3 ruined the movie franchise :(

:confused: No2 was great.

No3 was the one that ruined their winning streek. :mad:
    Forum Member
    I disagree completely, i think they were all good movies and liked them all as much as the next and as much as the last..Okay, Transporter1 was the best i think, but i wouldn't say that 2 & 3 were a poorer version.. Thats my opinion though
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    They should have paid whatever Statham wanted or not bothered. If Human Target can get renewed it shows there's a market for tough guy action series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Transporter1 was the best i think, but i wouldn't say that 2 & 3 were a poorer version.. Thats my opinion though

with regards to No3, you sir are wrong :p - the choppy editting of the fight scenes completely ruining the movie for me, making it unwatchable. :mad:
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    I disagree completely, i think they were all good movies and liked them all as much as the next and as much as the last..Okay, Transporter1 was the best i think, but i wouldn't say that 2 & 3 were a poorer version.. Thats my opinion though
    And it's an opinion I agree with :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,314
    Forum Member
    i liked all the movies although 3 was a bit poor, it was still fun to watch and that woman made me laugh
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    with regards to No3, you sir are wrong :p - the choppy editting of the fight scenes completely ruining the movie for me, making it unwatchable. :mad:

Then you were not that into the movie if you found it unwatchable
    That has to be one of thé most over used and dramatic terms on this forum!!!!
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a345739/transporter-filming-delayed-due-to-star-injury.html

Filming delayed for 2 weeks while Chris Vance recovers from an injury.
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    :confused: No2 was great.

No3 was the one that ruined their winning streek. :mad:

I re-watched 2 last night an enjoyed it a bit more. I didn't like the fact that he wasn't really transporting anything, he was doing a favour for 2 people who didn't even seem to know him :confused:
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a361269/transporter-tv-series-loses-second-showrunner-in-five-months.html

A television series based on the Transporter films has lost its showrunner for the second time in five months. The Tudors producer Steve Shill was brought in as showrunner in August, replacing original executive producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie.

Filming on the 12-part action series was halted in October, after series star Vance was injured while filming an action sequence. The show is now due to resume filming in Toronto in the spring, with the final five episodes still to be shot.

Not a good sign.
    Forum Member
    Its had problem after problem really, which is a shame because it has the potential to be something great.
    Most of the time, the producers have ego's the size of Mars and when they don't get what they want, they walk out in a rather childish manner, just like these two morons but hopefully the filming can get back on track and bring us a series to remember and no more wannabe-diva-like behaviour from another egotistical producer...