Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting synopsis of today's episode on the Sky+ planner, especially the bit about Ajay and Rani :D
  • Options
    Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    Interesting synopsis of today's episode on the Sky+ planner, especially the bit about Ajay and Rani :D

I have no idea why, but for some reason...whenever Channel 5 don't have a synopsis available for the episode, they insert this VERY dated and random synopsis into the EPG listings instead?

"Songs takes Walters betrayal badly. Imogen keeps Josh and Amber apart. Rani is Upset when Ajay books his passage to India after learning that his grandmother is dying"

I have seen several random episodes from the 2014/2013 season with this very random synopsis inserted for no apparent reason or pattern as to where it appears???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there were more Brennans in this world. He's so lovely :)

Oh god isn't he. I could just stare at his face for hrs
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »

Yes that randomly happens sometimes. No idea why.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Terry Robinson changed him by shooting him in the shoulder. He also tried to burn down Ramsay Street to make way for a supermarket.

I remember Terry shooting him, but I can't for the life of me recall him being a baddie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martyn1 wrote: »
    I have no idea why, but for some reason...whenever Channel 5 don't have a synopsis available for the episode, they insert this VERY dated and random synopsis into the EPG listings instead?

"Songs takes Walters betrayal badly. Imogen keeps Josh and Amber apart. Rani is Upset when Ajay books his passage to India after learning that his grandmother is dying"

I have seen several random episodes from the 2014/2013 season with this very random synopsis inserted for no apparent reason or pattern as to where it appears???
    Ahhh hahahahahaha me too. I hate that synopsis !!!

I can't bear Susan, sonya or indeed Rita or Emily from corrie I think it's the woman matriarch / nosy interferer characters I don't like.

P!ss off sonya. Take your shaky head and overbite acting with you !!!!
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He also tried to burn down Ramsay Street to make way for a supermarket.
    What?!? I've been watching Neighbours since 1988 ... I don't remember that happening!
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Karl says he wants to represent Australia at this year's Eurovision Song Contest :

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s14/neighbours/news/a628249/eurovision-2015-neighbours-alan-fletcher-wants-to-represent-australia.html#~p3ZHkjmDX7xe9B

I'd vote for him, he's a legend :)
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Aw flip, Lou's back. Cue endless tedious escapades.
    Whatever do you mean? ;-)

Like today's "bar wars". The Waterhole and Harold's are two completely different businesses, with only coffee as their shared service, so why are they competing? Harold's is a cafe, and TW is a wine bar; both do meals, but different types of meals. Off Air is a casual bar, so while I can see how they'd poach custom based on berridges, Daniel doesn't do food (right?), so why aren't people going to H or TW to eat?
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Dr. Karl says he wants to represent Australia at this year's Eurovision Song Contest :

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s14/neighbours/news/a628249/eurovision-2015-neighbours-alan-fletcher-wants-to-represent-australia.html#~p3ZHkjmDX7xe9B

I'd vote for him, he's a legend :)

Does Australia qualify as European?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Deschanel wrote: »

Like today's "bar wars". The Waterhole and Harold's are two completely different businesses, with only coffee as their shared service, so why are they competing? Harold's is a cafe, and TW is a wine bar; both do meals, but different types of meals. Off Air is a casual bar, so while I can see how they'd poach custom based on berridges, Daniel doesn't do food (right?), so why aren't people going to H or TW to eat?

I was thinking that too. I mean how is Daniel managing with all the extra trade? It's just him there now because he told Imogen they shouldn't spend so much time together. How is he managing the bar, cooking the food and serving it all by himself? What food is he serving? Are those edible crayons he's giving out? How is he finding the time to set up dark rooms for Amber? So many questions...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw flip, Lou's back. Cue endless tedious escapades.

Agreed. At least amongst the tedium yesterday there was some hilarious scenes with Paige and Sheila
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I quite liked today's episode, simply b/c it allowed for some nice character scenes between Paige/Imogen, and Paige/Naomi/Brennan. Lately, they haven't been putting much effort into having characters interact in a natural way - I.e: Lucy finally remembered Lauren existed yesterday, and in the end, she could have been talking to anyone for all the depth it had.

I liked Paige subtly warning Naomi off Brennan. I liked that Imogen asked Paige for help - I get Imogen, and I think she could be a great character if only she could catch a major storyline once in a while.

Can't believe I'm saying this after the awful teen years, but I liked seeing Erinsborough High, again. For variety reasons.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Drippy Amber annoys me so much. She's like a prettier version of Bridget Parker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love Josh and Daniel to end up together just to spite Amber :D to be honest hopefully she'll get to uni and decide on neither so the whole thing can be done

I liked the Paige/Naomi/Brenno stuff today. Mark has yet another ex cop mate who'd have thought? Hard to say if Susan has ulterior motives for the way she's speaking to Brad
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Imogen, I don't know why people don't fall for you either. Maybe if you were a simpering, air headed idiot like Amber, who switches guys like it's going out of business, you'd do better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see Off Air is sooo busy taking all the customers away from Harold's and The Waterhole that Daniel is swamped off his feet....so much so he can't possibly drop everything immediately to go to a party. Oh wait. Yes he can.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah. Lou does tedious so well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked today's episode, simply b/c it allowed for some nice character scenes between Paige/Imogen, and Paige/Naomi/Brennan. Lately, they haven't been putting much effort into having characters interact in a natural way - I.e: Lucy finally remembered Lauren existed yesterday, and in the end, she could have been talking to anyone for all the depth it had.

I liked Paige subtly warning Naomi off Brennan. I liked that Imogen asked Paige for help - I get Imogen, and I think she could be a great character if only she could catch a major storyline once in a while.

Can't believe I'm saying this after the awful teen years, but I liked seeing Erinsborough High, again. For variety reasons.

Imogen was shaping up to be a really good character when she first arrived, then the scriptwriters ruined her. She now seems to be returning to potential so let's hope they don't mess up again!
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Drippy Amber annoys me so much. She's like a prettier version of Bridget Parker.

Haha I know, and to think 2 guys chasing after her!

Im hoping Daniel and Imogen get together I think both could be great unlike amber who sucks the life out of everyone she is with

Thank goodness neighbours is so much fun, I think a few UK soaps could learn a thing or 2 from it
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the Amber saga drags on for another day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought the whole idea was that Amber was supposed to be "finding herself"! It looks like she's just going to end up with either Josh or Daniel tomorrow. Her whole quest to be independent hasn't exactly worked out then!
  • Options
    Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the Amber saga drags on for another day.

Amber is quite a boring character, and for some reason they give her so much airtime over better/more interesting characters! Pity the car 'missed' her at the end of tonights EP! :D
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Martyn1 wrote: »
    Amber is quite a boring character, and for some reason they give her so much airtime over better/more interesting characters! Pity the car 'missed' her at the end of tonights EP! :D

There was some good cleavage when she was lying on the ground.

But overall, a really bland character and she drags everyone down with her.
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    I thought the whole idea was that Amber was supposed to be "finding herself"! It looks like she's just going to end up with either Josh or Daniel tomorrow. Her whole quest to be independent hasn't exactly worked out then!

Might be someone totally different who's turned up to save her though.

It did cross my mind that it might be Raine.
This discussion has been closed.