Summer Transfer Window 2015

Comments

• codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't say that you had. I said 'IF you don't think that it's a great signing for Palace...'.

You've now clarified your position. Thank you.

Please read more carefully.

I guess you cannot admit when you are wrong.

We could all post as in your example:

"If you think Mo Farah is a cheat Jim, fine"

You see, you haven't spoken about mo farah, you havent mentioned an opinion on him at all.

But you say that because a poster uses "if" in front of a statement, its fine.

This is quite frankly ridiculous.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    This is quite frankly ridiculous.

Isn't it?

A bit like claiming that people shouldn't believe anything in the media, then brazenly stating as fact that Cabaye will be on £100,000 per week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it?

A bit like claiming that people shouldn't believe anything in the media, then brazenly stating as fact that Cabaye will be on £100,000 per week.

we will have to agree to differ about your false statement, i guess other forum members can make up their own minds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we will have to agree to differ about your false statement, i guess other forum members can make up their own minds.

I'd guess that most already have.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    living in london, on 100k a week.

quite attractive really.

Is that really what he's on? How can Palace afford that? :eek:

Great signing for them though, can see them becoming a mid table club or better the way they're going!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    Is that really what he's on? How can Palace afford that? :eek:

Great signing for them though, can see them becoming a mid table club or better the way they're going!

That's what the media are reporting.

They can supposedly afford it because of the new TV deal money kicking in.
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trust me, he's not on a 100k a week.

Absolutely delighted with the signing, though. Now for a striker.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased to see that Newcastle are set to sign Wijnaldum and Mitrovic in time for going on tour to the US :)

Interesting to see Palace sign Cabaye. He reckons they can fight for top 8, and why not I suppose, he'll definitely improve them, and I'm alerady interested to see how far he can take them.

But massive thumbs up for Newcastle's new recruits. :D
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you cannot admit when you are wrong.

Delicious.
  • Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Cabaye deal is 80k a week not a 100k as some media outlets have been reporting. and yes, we can afford that. our top earners are now (or will be) in and around the 65k-80k range.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    Delicious.

I urge you to read the thread
  • Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delph to City?

Unbelievable.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delph to City?

Unbelievable.

Is it to aid the homegrown quota?

A strange signing.
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    Is it to aid the homegrown quota?

A strange signing.

It must be, because he's not going to improve them in any way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You have to wonder what the combined outlay would be for Sterling and Delph (£75-80m?) and, as you say, how much it actually improves their team for that amount of money.
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    You have to wonder what the combined outlay would be for Sterling and Delph (£75-80m?) and, as you say, how much it actually improves their team for that amount of money.

Delph only cost £8m. He had a clause in his contract about joining teams in European competitions. ****ing daft clause from Villa's perspective. But for Man City, he's not going to be a first choice player, but don't think it is too bad a deal to get a backup CM for £8m.

I also think Sterling would be a great signing for Man City. Think he is a better player than Navas and Nasri already to be honest. Yes it is a huge amount of money but I think he will be worth it.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a bad move for Delph.

Am very surprised with that transfer.
  • RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    zieler wrote: »
    Delph only cost £8m. He had a clause in his contract about joining teams in European competitions. ****ing daft clause from Villa's perspective.

I am sure that Delph insisted that clause was put into his new contract, otherwise he would have left for nothing this summer.

Whilst I done blame Delph for leaving (even though he is nowhere near good enough to be a regular if Man City want to be challenging for the league and in Europe) he has made himself look a dishonest fool with his "This is my club, I am loyal, I love being here" cobblers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    Delph only cost £8m. He had a clause in his contract about joining teams in European competitions. ****ing daft clause from Villa's perspective. But for Man City, he's not going to be a first choice player, but don't think it is too bad a deal to get a backup CM for £8m.

I also think Sterling would be a great signing for Man City. Think he is a better player than Navas and Nasri already to be honest. Yes it is a huge amount of money but I think he will be worth it.

Ah ok, thats a bit different then, didn't know about the clause.

Completely stupid though because thats essentially rendering the contract meaningless cos a club thats a step up from Villa who would be in for him would almost certainly been in European competition!

Villa obviously only got him to sign on the basis that it would get them a small fee rather than nothing.

I am sure that Delph insisted that clause was put into his new contract, otherwise he would have left for nothing this summer.

Whilst I done blame Delph for leaving (even though he is nowhere near good enough to be a regular if Man City want to be challenging for the league and in Europe) he has made himself look a dishonest fool with his "This is my club, I am loyal, I love being here" cobblers.

Totally agree. I don't think anyone expects footballers to be super loyal and you can see why their heads get turned by bigger clubs and wages but there is no need to do the whole "Only club Ive ever wanted to play for" routine when in 90% of cases they will be out the door like a shot for a pay rise!
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member

Apologies, thought he had 18 months left on his previous deal when the new one was signed. Makes a bit more sense now.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    8m for an England international (not that it means much these days) who will help the HG quota, sensible signing for City.

Could go either way for Delph, depends how much he wants it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At that price is a no brainer for city. Delph is going to struggle to get in the team though. Very surprised there wasn't more interest from clubs who actually need him where it would be a better move for both parties.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cabaye didn't last very long at PSG.:o I wonder why PSG no longer want him.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

City seem to get a lot of stick for not having many English players, so that is probably a reason why. Delph gets playing time at Aston Villa. Will he get much at City? I am not sure.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wijnaldum has officially signed for Newcastle. :)