Hotels near Wembley?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi! :)

I'm going to Wembley on 1st July next year (Take That gig!) and I'm trying to find a hotel room!! I've tried Premier Inn, Ibis, and Hilton...they're all booked up for that night, not a room to be had! :( And the Quality Hotel is too expensive! :(

If anyone could please let me know of any other hotels close to the Stadium, I'd be really grateful!

Thanks in advance! xx

Comments

• CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a Travelodge for just under £19 in Heston, I've had a quick look at their website. It's just under 10 miles I reckon so try finding out black cab rates to see if that works out for you.
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LouC wrote: »

I'm going to Wembley on 1st July next year (Take That gig!) and I'm trying to find a hotel room!! I've tried Premier Inn, Ibis, and Hilton...they're all booked up for that night, not a room to be had! :( And the Quality Hotel is too expensive! :(

If anyone could please let me know of any other hotels close to the Stadium, I'd be really grateful!

Thanks in advance! xx

It is also an absolute crap-hole. I attended a conference there last year, and it was absolutely disgusting - wallpaper peeling off the walls, broken electrical fittings, dirty, grimy and the best bit was walking into the gents, noticing that a ceiling tile was missing, then spotting the tube of KY perched on the next tile!
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,685
    Forum Member
    LouC wrote: »

Thanks in advance! xx

Too expensive!! :eek: How much are they charging these days, are they really more expensive than the Hilton?

Stayed there a few years ago, could see the Wembley Stadium peeps building and working on it during the night...... yes, they were way behind in getting it finished.

As the previous poster, it is nothing special and the staff are not that accommodating either. Stayed there during a very hot summer, was stifling in my room and my air conditioning did not work. Went down to let them know and the guy offered to open the window for me .... wooopey doo!! I gave them the rest of the day to figure out what the problem was, when I got back they had done nowt, so I asked to be moved to another room. After a lot of clicking they decided they didn't have another room and sent a man up 'to have a look at it'. He stated the obvious and decided that it did not work, :rolleyes: and duly left me to sweat it out all night.

We left the next day, unimpressed and quite dissatisfied. Doubt I would ever say there again, even if I was desperate, purely for the fact that the customer service was dreadful .... and don't tell me they had NO other room. I've been to other hotels that when something is not right they move you to whatever grade of room is available ..... but not the Quality Hotel. 'Quality' in only name I'm afraid. :(

As for your initial question, I think you have covered all the near by hotels. Find a good hotel which is on a direct tube out of Wembley may be easier and available.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's also a Premier Inn at Kenton Road Harrow. It's very close to the station with Wembley being about 15 mins away by train.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Travelodge Wembley. I stayed there once for £10 on the super saver. Its £19 now but on the website July is too far ahead to search. Its £49 to book now non-saver.

Walking distance to Wembley stadium. Pretty basic, but cheap. Good car parking at Wembley Travelodge though, and fairly reasonable. Easy to get too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    When i went to see Green Day in June i stayed at a Premier Inn in Greenford which was about 9/10 miles away from Wembley, it's a bit of a mission by tube but it was nice :)
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nightstar wrote: »
    There's also a Premier Inn at Kenton Road Harrow. It's very close to the station with Wembley being about 15 mins away by train.

Yes, that's a very nice one, next to the pub. There are also a couple of small hotels in the Blackbird Hill area, which is even nearer, don't know what they're like, though. Further out, anywhere on the Jubilee or Metropolitan line would be fine.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aimee87 wrote: »
    When i went to see Green Day in June i stayed at a Premier Inn in Greenford which was about 9/10 miles away from Wembley, it's a bit of a mission by tube but it was nice :)

Was that the one on the A40? I know it well! Not very convenient for Wembley Park or Wembley Central, though!
    Forum Member
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Was that the one on the A40? I know it well! Not very convenient for Wembley Park or Wembley Central, though!

That's the one, which is why we discovered what a mission it was by tube :D I figured if someone was driving or something then it wouldn't be so bad to get to :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's several other places easily accessible by tube, so consider looking else where if you don't find any where immediately near by.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is a small guest house ive noticed about 5 mins walk from wembley stadium, can note the number if you like (it looks too small to have a website although you never know!) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We stayed at a Travelodge near kings Cross - it was a disgusting hell hole (middle of a heatwave, july last year), windows were stuck shut so no air, but even with the windows shut, it was like sleeping on the M25, traffic going past at all hours - i've never seen a traffic jam at 3am before.

We literally lay awake sweating, barely able to breathe, until 5am then we could get the first train home - there was no point staying over whatsoever, I may just drive back this time -even though I'll get in at 2am, at least I'll be able to go to sleep in my own
    Forum Member
    Just remembered that i have a Favourites folder with Wembley hotels in :D Very organized i am. Hope these can help a bit :)

http://www.brentxhotel.com/

http://www.thegreenmanhotelatwembley.co.uk/

http://www.eurohotelslondon.co.uk/Euro_Hotel_Wembley.html

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/home/index.shtml