Options

The outdoor set needs a revamp

mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
Forum Member
Surely I'm not alone in wanting a new outdoor set. After so many series on channel 5, it now looks very tired.

Comments

• Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    Definitely.

I also miss the C4 days when they used to have the big outdoor stage for the finale.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should bring back the farm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Definitely.

I also miss the C4 days when they used to have the big outdoor stage for the finale.

It really did make the final more special
  • Options
    totalwisetotalwise Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should bring back the farm

the new group of housemates are so moronic and so dumb they'll probably forget to feed the hens and end up getting the rspca on endemols backside.

they have no common sense at all they're all braindead fame seekers. You had absolutely delusional housemates recently, like that black woman who lives in the council house who put up a fake posh accent and said she receives an allowance. I think there was another in the same series who wanted to be posh and used a fake posh accent.
  • Options
    totalwisetotalwise Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Definitely.

that will never happen, ch4 days the show had a wider audience and viewers, they could spend big on the house because the ad revenues justified. Nowadays it seems that big brother is so cash strapped they have to reduce the value of the prize fund midway through.

Next big brother will be asking the government for a grant as a non-profit culture organisation because they can't make money and need to pay the TV crew and production.
  • Options
    HailHenrikHailHenrik Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have big cages, pitchforks and flame pits.

Would suit the crowd that appears every week.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the outside set is shoehorned on the side between the george lucas studio and an access road... so with zero space anywhere around the big brother "house" studio there is NO WHERE to build one and no room to extend it. it is dismantled when the house is not in use as it blocks the access road and thus gets int he way of the other studios

so the answer is, it wont change.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the outside set is shoehorned on the side between the george lucas studio and an access road... so with zero space anywhere around the big brother "house" studio there is NO WHERE to build one and no room to extend it. it is dismantled when the house is not in use as it blocks the access road and thus gets int he way of the other studios

It changed in the C4 years?
  • Options
    Forum Member

It's not dismantled at all, it's kept up all the time even when the show is not on air. Neither is the outdoor stage on an access road.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    It changed in the C4 years?

Almost every series had a slight change to the outside stage, with a completey new look for the inside studio,helped give a fresh new look every series.
  • Options
    DizzleDizzle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer the channel 5 set tbh. Channel 4 only built a stage for the final and the rest of the series was pretty dull and minimalist. Channel 5 have a good set all series long but I guess by the time the final comes around, we are so used it to that it doesn't feel special.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mintbro wrote: »
    It's not dismantled at all, it's kept up all the time even when the show is not on air. Neither is the outdoor stage on an access road.

ive been there - and in the house and the garden, the camera runs, the prop storage yard and the bb control room around the corner plus the bbots set down the road
    the outside "entry/exit" set does not exist when bb is not on. there are no gantry or staircases to the house, it is all removed as it is built next to the access area to the side and back of the GL studio and the space is reclaimed for use by that stage.

http://binged.it/1OhSkk0

that link may not work.. but it shows the "birds eye" view of the house with the "house entry/exit" stage returned to the car park spaces it is normally. (the google version shows it with a temporary structure in the "car park" - but the fact bing has it empty shows it is removed and is not as you claim "there all the time"

in fact as you zoom in and out you can see the set "installed" when very close up and an empty car park when zoomed out... you should also then be able to visualise the "space" and the huge amount of space the outside set takes up... and with that then understand what i said before... the total space is very tight. the ability for them to drastically change anything very small.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Dizzle wrote: »
    I prefer the channel 5 set tbh. Channel 4 only built a stage for the final and the rest of the series was pretty dull and minimalist. Channel 5 have a good set all series long but I guess by the time the final comes around, we are so used it to that it doesn't feel special.

I don't like it. I don't like the way they are interviewed going in either. I preferred the Channel 4 style when they got out of the limos and then walked through the crowd and did their press photos while Davina did a running commentary on them giving us random facts, kind of like the commentary on Eurovision!
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintbro wrote: »
    Surely I'm not alone in wanting a new outdoor set. After so many series on channel 5, it now looks very tired.

As well as being a lightening conductor. I can see how that might come in useful though.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive been there - and in the house and the garden, the camera runs, the prop storage yard and the bb control room around the corner plus the bbots set down the road
    the outside "entry/exit" set does not exist when bb is not on. there are no gantry or staircases to the house, it is all removed as it is built next to the access area to the side and back of the GL studio and the space is reclaimed for use by that stage.

that link may not work.. but it shows the "birds eye" view of the house with the "house entry/exit" stage returned to the car park spaces it is normally. (the google version shows it with a temporary structure in the "car park" - but the fact bing has it empty shows it is removed and is not as you claim "there all the time"

in fact as you zoom in and out you can see the set "installed" when very close up and an empty car park when zoomed out... you should also then be able to visualise the "space" and the huge amount of space the outside set takes up... and with that then understand what i said before... the total space is very tight. the ability for them to drastically change anything very small.

Thats for that link. it does work, though it wasn't exactly on the house, not sure if it was me and i did something, but if you cant see the house its just to the right, anyway the stage area looks a LOT smaller from that angle then it does on the telly!! I tried to work out during which BB that was taken ( from the garden layout) but not sure, any ideas?
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Thats for that link. it does work, though it wasn't exactly on the house, not sure if it was me and i did something, but if you cant see the house its just to the right, anyway the stage area looks a LOT smaller from that angle then it does on the telly!! I tried to work out during which BB that was taken ( from the garden layout) but not sure, any ideas?

BB12 house is showing on mine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    powertrip in the close up (with the outside set in place) dunno about the zoomed out one...
  • Options
    MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    What about building the house like the Back To Reality house. A house inside a studio and they had to get in a taxi to go to the stage on eviction.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    its in DESPERATE need of a revamp.
    that bloody ''eye'' thing is ridiculous. we need a proper indoor studio, perhaps we might be in with a fighting chance of getting a decent interview
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    The main exit stage is fine for me, but they need a real studio inside for eviction interviews. Most eviction interviews are ruined because of the stupid chanting and booing we can hear.
  • Options
    Robbo19Robbo19 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Agree that major changes to the outside set are needed now, it has become boring and tiresome watching the launch, evictions and final now, I mean NOTHING has changed since CBB8 (Summer 2011) and we are on CBB16 (Summer 2015) soon.

The eviction interview also needs to be done inside in the BOTS studio to stop the hate mob ruining the interview with the constant off-off-off-off-off and booing throughout.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    As well as being a lightening conductor. I can see how that might come in useful though.

What will come in useful
  • Options
    Forum Member

I have been there for evictions so know how tight the area outside the house is. Even so,it's not a reason why they can't invest in a new outdoor set, channel 4 made an effort to change the outdoor set every year.