Options

Long term lurkers/posters who are hesitant to join in/re-engage.

Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
Forum Member
✭✭
It's weird to go from prolific to *nul points*.

I am wondering why people stop posting and then find it hard to re-engage with DS. In my case it was cos I knew I had pissed off former *mates* so just bowed out.
I have missed so many people though... hope 'The Reprobates' are doing ok :D

Anyways.... what catches your attention enough to make you post again?

Comments

• Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *reprobates about a bit*

RL shit innit. Then you come back and wonder what on earth was enjoyable about it. Couple of hits later and you're mainlining.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS such a large place. Each section is a forum in it's own right.

Some of the people over in 'movies' or what have you don't wander across here.

If I really had pissed off anyone in GD, I could probably hide for a bit In another section.

Don't need to bow out....
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »

I am wondering why people stop posting and then find it hard to re-engage with DS. In my case it was cos I knew I had pissed off former *mates* so just bowed out.

What piqued your interest again Joni? I have been aware that you have been conspicuous by your absence, not that that will surprise you I don't suppose.. Nice to see you again and hope all is well.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lurk sometimes :D I lurk in the bushes.
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    I dont think about lurking and posting.
    I just do it when i feel the need.
    I can leave it for a long time but then i'll get the urge to come back and start posting again.
    I dont do clique or agreeing with people for the sake of it.
    I love posting when the urge takes me.
    Lot of great people on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lurk sometimes :D I lurk in the bushes.

Oooer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Oooer.

I been lurking in your bushes for a while :o:o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I been lurking in your bushes for a while :o:o:p

*sprays*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *sprays*

Uch, I'm not lurking here anymore >:(
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »

It would have been a 5 minute wonder had you simply returned to where you made false accusations and backed-up someone who'd been completely bloody horrible to people. A quick explanation and a simple apology would have done the trick.

The fact that you didn't, and all that came afterwards (including threads like this and some of your posts that conveniently disappeared) is why things are as they are and will remain so.

Why you prefer to do 'this' than put your big girl knickers on and own your shit is beyond me.

I've been aware that you've mentioned me a couple of times so I'll say now what I should have said before.........

You, unlike every other member of this forum (excluding my OH who I think has posted all of twice) have my phone number so if you really wanted to talk to me - if our friendship meant all you profess that it does - you had the means to do so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    It would have been a 5 minute wonder had you simply returned to where you made false accusations and backed-up someone who'd been completely bloody horrible to people. A quick explanation and a simple apology would have done the trick.

The fact that you didn't, and all that came afterwards (including threads like this and some of your posts that conveniently disappeared) is why things are as they are and will remain so.

Why you prefer to do 'this' than put your big girl knickers on and own your shit is beyond me.

I've been aware that you've mentioned me a couple of times so I'll say now what I should have said before.........

You, unlike every other member of this forum (excluding my OH who I think has posted all of twice) have my phone number so if you really wanted to talk to me - if our friendship meant all you profess that it does - you had the means to do so.

Can we get a transcript?
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we get a transcript?

And some popcorn or other nibbles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And some popcorn or other nibbles.

Translator for the excitable bits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we get a transcript?
    Did you lose the one Joni gave you?

Or is this where we're supposed to pretend she's never mentioned a thing about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you lose the one Joni gave you?

Or is this where we're supposed to pretend she's never mentioned a thing about it?

No idea what you're talking about, love.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ebb and flow, sometimes only posting a few here and there after a spell lurking. DS is a bit more vibrant for me of late, some good rows + threads. I hate to think of people nervous to post.

I don't do cliques/Chatter so haven't had interpersonal issues like our friends above this post...
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have always been nervous about posting
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you'll find you posted this on DS rather than text it 😁
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think links to all thd relevant posts should be provided so that we, the great DS public, can decide.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I pissed off anyone on here I'd tell them to bounce off somewhere if I even noticed in the first place. Seriously, it's a forum for discussing superficial meaningless crap like TV shows. Get over it.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've done my fair share of lurking over the years, Never because of butthurt though.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    If I pissed people off here, then I'd toddle off to Showbiz and talk about Katie Price for a bit. Or speculate about which male celebrity is secretly gay. (all of them allegedly).
  • Options
    Bar Bar JinksBar Bar Jinks Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I'm constantly posting, I can never find the time to do anything else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    I think you'll find you posted this on DS rather than text it 😁
    IMO, threads like this should never see the light of day.

As the OP wanted this aired in public, again, I exercised my right to reply in the hope that I'd be able put an end to it.

Only tIme will tell if I've been successful or not.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    IMO, threads like this should never see the light of day.

As the OP wanted this aired in public, again, I exercised my right to reply in the hope that I'd be able put an end to it.

Only tIme will tell if I've been successful or not.
    It's a bit like celebrities fighting on twitter - do they forget that everyone can see what they are saying? Although it's probably intentional, all publicity is good publicity, no matter how bad.

However, I have no idea what this particular thread is all about, but you're right, personal grievances should be dealt with off the board, if this is a grievance of some kind. I missed all the drama, and am therefore clueless. (No change there)

Nice to see you posting though Bunions :)