Advice needed please!

Hiya!

I bought an ALBA RDVD1001 DVD Recorder today, but I'm having real problems with the instructions for tuning it to my TV (I have Telewest cable) If anyone else has had similar problems, I'd be really grateful for any advice about what to do! (I'm not very technical, I'm afraid!)

Cheers!

Comments

• John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LouC wrote:
    Hiya!

I bought an ALBA RDVD1001 DVD Recorder today, but I'm having real problems with the instructions for tuning it to my TV (I have Telewest cable) If anyone else has had similar problems, I'd be really grateful for any advice about what to do! (I'm not very technical, I'm afraid!)

Cheers!

You don't tune it to your TV, you connect it to your TV with a scart lead and select the AV input with the TV remote.
    You then tune the DVRD to the cable channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't tune it to your TV, you connect it to your TV with a scart lead and select the AV input with the TV remote.
    You then tune the DVRD to the cable channels.

Cheers John! :);)

Ok, I've sussed out how to record, BUT....
    When I record with the TV switched off, there's no sound when I play the disc, only the picture. When I record with the TV on, it plays back fine.

Can anyone advise please?? Thanks! ;)
  • John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LouC wrote:
    Cheers John! :);)

Ok, I've sussed out how to record, BUT....
    When I record with the TV switched off, there's no sound when I play the disc, only the picture. When I record with the TV on, it plays back fine.

Can anyone advise please?? Thanks! ;)
    What's the make and model no of your TV?