Airline cabin crew work

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi :D

I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever done, or currently doing, cabin crew work on planes? I'm seriously thinking about applying as I love travelling and I want a complete career change! But is it a good or crap choice?! Any advice (positive or negative!) would be much appreciated! Cheers :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LouC wrote:
    Hi :D

I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever done, or currently doing, cabin crew work on planes? I'm seriously thinking about applying as I love travelling and I want a complete career change! But is it a good or crap choice?! Any advice (positive or negative!) would be much appreciated! Cheers :)

Only advice is if you want to go for it then go for it someone else's negative is someone else's positive so just go for it my personal opinion is it would be a great job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    hi i work in an airport and have worked with quite a few cabin crew over the winter, it is mostly seasonal so you'll need a job for over the winter season. it can be long shifts, ie start at 7 in morning and dont stop till 11 at night (flight there flight back) but there are perks as in money can be quite good and you some times get long stopovers if it long haul, one girl i know had a week in cancun recently.

your best just trying, if you dont like it you can always do something else

try www.aviationjobsearch.com it lists loads of jobs

good luck :)
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would hate to do this work, hours on your feet, hundreds of procedures to remember, being responsible in the event of a mid-flight emergency - I don't mind being a passenger but to do all the repetitve work day in day out on your feet - not my kind of work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend used to be an air hostess for one of the "BA" type airlines (rather than budget) and she used to enjoy it but it was long irregular hours and constant jet lag. Plus the one she worked for was one where only the team leader could look older than 25 on the "prestige" flights.

She loved it for the 2-3 years she did it but then got out as she didnt consider it a "career"
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think of it as a bar assistant, without the tips.

As for travelling, well you'll travel but don't expect to see anywhere except the airports.

It ain't all it's glammed up to be, but if you like bar work/waitressing then you could do worse.