Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb

2»

Comments

• simondsUU933wsimondsUU933w Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    Ah Sydney, big deal, you've got a harbour and a bridge... so what. Melbourne's a far superior city, starting with the coffee. :p

Don't worry - before Sydney, I'm spending four nights in Melbourne for the Grand Prix :)
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simonp820 wrote: »
    Don't worry - before Sydney, I'm spending four nights in Melbourne for the Grand Prix :)

Have a brilliant time. It's a fantastic weekend in Melbourne. :)
  • bigc127bigc127 Posts: 1,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back on topic, Ive done the bridgeclimb and it was fantastic. Not actually as physically exerting as you might think, although Im not sure how much of it is adrenaline. You get a running commentary as you go through the headsets provided and the views are fantastic. It was just a shame I ended up doing mine in monsoon conditions :( but I still wouldnt have changed it for the world.

and yes...I prefer Melbourne ;)
  • JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you've got money to burn then it's totally worth it to do the bridge climb. If it's a big chunk of change to part with to you, then it really probably isn't.
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Avoid Bondi Beach. It's a sewage outlet.

You'll find that Manly and Cronulla are far nicer.

Get the ferry to Manly (not the Jetcat).
    Cronulla was very laid back when I visited.

I've been to Sydney four times, but not since 1998.
    I'm definitely going back before I croak.
  • HooloovooHooloovoo Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mungobrush wrote: »
    And it's about A$200 which at today's exchange rate is £110

Strewth!!

I did the bridge climb in 2005, and it cost me around £60 I think. It was really good, and I used to recommend it to everyone. But if the price has gone up that much I wont bother any more. No way is it worth that price!! I always said I would do it again if I go to Sydney again, but not at that price!

Anyway ... for those that do go for it ... I'm not the fittest person in the world and I didn't find it hard at all. The climb is fairly easy. There's no way you can fall off - even the steel rope you're attached to is there mainly to stop people jumping rather than falling in my opinion! The view from the top is really good.

Don't bother with the AMP tower. There's so many other (taller!!) sky-scrapers around it now blocking the view!