Touch Season 1 UK Pace [NO SPOILERS]

Comments

• Anna_123Anna_123 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I really enjoyed it, but like others have said I was expecting Kiefer Sutherland to start acting all macho and lash out :eek:

Did any one else well up when the child hugged him at the end? :cry:
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna_123 wrote: »
    Hi, I really enjoyed it, but like others have said I was expecting Kiefer Sutherland to start acting all macho and lash out :eek:

Kiefer isn`t gonna be that kind of character like he was in 24. he`s more vulnerable in this although i don`t think he`ll be a complete pushover but nothing like jack bauer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna_123 wrote: »

I got very teary eyed when the english guy's photo's appeared on the big screen showing his daughter. :cry: Really enjoyed the pilot, I love this kind of thing and hope it carries on well. Will it be a self contained story in each episode then?

If so I guess we won't being seeing the Man in Black again next week.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppycat wrote: »
    I got very teary eyed when the english guy's photo's appeared on the big screen showing his daughter. :cry: Really enjoyed the pilot, I love this kind of thing and hope it carries on well. Will it be a self contained story in each episode then?

Yeah apparently each will be standalone eps. although that could change in future seasons if there are any.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got very teary eyed when the english guy's photo's appeared on the big screen showing his daughter. :cry: Really enjoyed the pilot, I love this kind of thing and hope it carries on well.

Thx for this, my memory is shocking these days, I can never quite remember where I know actors from now. Maybe I just watch way too much tv
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the way the names were so appropriate if you knew quantum physics.

Tim Kring is obviously a fan of the book Wholeness and the Implicate Order by UK quantum physicist David Bohm.

Aside from the two main cast members having that surname, the nutty scientist is called Teller and he lived at a road called Tesla - both maverick and genius physicists.

As soon as this clicked I knew Quantum Entanglement would get a mention moments before it did.

Bohm's theory in his book about how nature enfolds in quantum reality might well have a lot to do with the concept for the show.

No doubt we can look out for characters with names like Sheldrake, Everett and Wheeler soon, :)

Hope this way of naming characters is a good omen for the series longevity as it worked for Lost (with Philosophers) and with New Tricks (a certain football team).
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gather from epiguides thay Danny Glover's character was originally to be called De Witt - another celebrated mathematical quantum physicist - so this does look like it is being done on purpose as a clue or in joke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    It's a shame it's not serialised, everything seems to be procedural nowadays.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the pilot was 1 hour and 5 minutes long?
    derek500 wrote: »
    The pilot was 50 minutes in the US, longer than the regular 42/43 minute episode length.
    And yet tonight's repeat was just the standard hour. I can only assume that, as they have been pushing it so much, they put some extra ads in there; probably at a higher rate.

As for the show itself, as others have said, it looks promising but I'm not "sold" yet. Good to see Gugu again too.
  • emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wont take it literally though

reminded me of a film with nicholas cage and his gifted son

its on sky anytime for a few days if anyone missed the pilot
  • welshkidwelshkid Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet tonight's repeat was just the standard hour. I can only assume that, as they have been pushing it so much, they put some extra ads in there; probably at a higher rate.

I ended up watching both Tuesday and Wednesday broadcasts, and there were a couple of noticeable cuts in the Weds one
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The same as Homeland on C4 no doubt, the later Monday repeat only has one ad in the final break as they use their allowance in peak time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    a few twists but the writer should say at least inspired by>>>
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I could barely see when he hugged his son, and then you saw the english guys daughter appear on screen - the build up to that, with the phone wandering all over the place was quite beautifully done.

I'm intrigued to see where they take it, or even if they can top this pilot episode - it was really quite fantastic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Kiefer isn`t gonna be that kind of character like he was in 24. he`s more vulnerable in this although i don`t think he`ll be a complete pushover but nothing like jack bauer.

Yeah I also got teary eyed at that, but I guessed the story that the child was deceased, so spoilt it a bit for myself!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    I could barely see when he hugged his son, and then you saw the english guys daughter appear on screen - the build up to that, with the phone wandering all over the place was quite beautifully done.

I'm intrigued to see where they take it, or even if they can top this pilot episode - it was really quite fantastic.

Im not sure they will be able to maintian the same level of viewing interest...?
  • dtglayerdtglayer Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Good start.But Tim Kring worries me.Can he write good quality network tv over a long period?Up to the 1st season finale of Heroes great! after that,a load of crap!
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    dtglayer wrote: »
    Good start.But Tim Kring worries me.Can he write good quality network tv over a long period?Up to the 1st season finale of Heroes great! after that,a load of crap!

I'm afraid I didn't enjoy the first ep of "Touch"- it was too
    sentimental and New-Agey, and Kring's record with
    "Heroes" made me wonder if his l superpower is
    getting networks to pick up his shows. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure about this show will give it a few weeks but reading sutherlands comments that the show is gonna be a monster of the week style show then doubt it willl keep me interested for long. Also tim kring has created it and we all know what a train wreck heroes was.
    Forum Member
    stanlycam wrote: »
    a few twists but the writer should say at least inspired by>>>
    Erm... No it isn't. Not at all. Not even remotely the same :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Brilliant show..thanks SKY for bringing us this fantastic show.Watched it Tuesday and found it so moving and the story was amazing.Missed a bit so watched it on Weds. repeat and well they missed the last bit off which was so important to the story. It made the story having that ending.SKY what are you doing and why cut these programs.Anyone got the contact details for sky tv.
  • emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what was in the cut bit at the end? i also only saw the repeat.

sky's contact form:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/contact-us/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PIman wrote: »
    Brilliant show..thanks SKY for bringing us this fantastic show.Watched it Tuesday and found it so moving and the story was amazing.Missed a bit so watched it on Weds. repeat and well they missed the last bit off which was so important to the story. It made the story having that ending.SKY what are you doing and why cut these programs.Anyone got the contact details for sky tv.

Nothing got cut off on my recording:confused:
    Forum Member
    I think he means they edited a bit off the end. Don't know what though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heroes grabbed me by the throat when it started.

Touch sort of feebly pawed at me for an hour. I hope there's more to it each week than a series of links and coincidences otherwise that trick will get old quickly.