Is it wrong to be judgemental when.....

Comments

• shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    The first stone is cast at the sinner. The OP is the sinner for being judgmental

Oh I'm obviously a bit crap at the bible
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there may have been alcohol taken and I'm sure the OP didn't mean for the thread to turn out like it did.

Headache and regret this morning possibly?

story of my life that is.

:D Awww. Sweet post.

I still quite like the idea of a wedding reception for two at Macdonalds though. No bankrupting and exhausting yourself, just a simple, private celebration by two people not trying to make an impression.
  • *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It certainly has.

So many people, so much pontificating judgement - so little self awareness.

That's rather judgmental, don't you think? :p

Whatever. In this particular thread, I have ....'judged'.... the OP to have been bit too harsh & shrill.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, Reverend Paisley ;):D
    I'm still laughing at the post declaring that I was sat in looking at FB all night. I was actually out!!

That makes it even worse :confused::D
  • lucifer samlucifer sam Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a way you did sort of ask people to judge you when you started the thread:D
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darcy_ wrote: »
    Quite. This thread is quite disturbingly viscous and spiteful.

I agree, its taken me ages to scroll through all this.:(
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Awww. Sweet post.

I still quite like the idea of a wedding reception for two at Macdonalds though. No bankrupting and exhausting yourself, just a simple, private celebration by two people not trying to make an impression.
    I do, too. It's refreshing to think of a couple getting married because they want to be husband and wife, rather than having a massively expensive celebration for the benefit of everyone that knows them.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    I agree, its taken me ages to scroll through all this.:(

:D:D.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    All the best to him I say. I think he's equally well rid of a bitter, spiteful, judgmental woman from the sounds of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Nevermind :p
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Hmm. Can't help but notice that there seem to be a lot of judgmental posts criticising people for being judgmental.

Good old DS eh?
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Hmm. Can't help but notice that there seem to be a lot of judgmental posts criticising people for being judgmental.

Good old DS eh?

You just made a judgmental post about judgmental posts about people being judgmental!

And I just made a judgmental post about about a judgmental post about judgmental posts about people being judgmental!
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    You just made a judgmental post about judgmental posts about people being judgmental!

And I just made a judgmental post about about a judgmental post about judgmental posts about people being judgmental!

And you are just adding to the judgmental undertones of this thread by making a judgmental post about a judgmental post about judgmental posts about people being judgmental. I hope you are thoroughly ashamed of yourself. :mad:
    Forum Member

Shh, I know. Just don't judge me for it, whatever you do. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good old DS eh?

JulesF wrote: »
    And you are just adding to the judgmental undertones of this thread by making a judgmental post about a judgmental post about judgmental posts about people being judgmental. I hope you are thoroughly ashamed of yourself. :mad:

*head explodes* :eek::o;)
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judge Prudey.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way people treat relationships and marriage these days is sad. So few people seem to take either seriously anymore, and it feels like no one wants to put the effort in to making this stuff work. Weddings are just for the sake of showing off and having a party, and people seem to use Ross and Rachel from Friends as inspiration for how to behave in a relationship.

Depressing. OP, your ex and his new fling sound like a match made in hell. Be pleased you're well out of it.
    Forum Member
    *head explodes* :eek::o;)

Ha ha,:I know right?

I'm sure you're not but I wouldn't take too much notice of those pesky judgmental types that have had a pop in your direction.

re your OP- It's a pretty natural, normal human reaction I'd say. Maccy D's is a shambles of a place to have a wedding reception. Now Burger King on the other hand..;)
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure you're not but I wouldn't take too much notice of those pesky judgmental types that have had a pop in your direction.

re your OP- It's a pretty natural, normal human reaction I'd say. Maccy D's is a shambles of a place to have a wedding reception. Now Burger King on the other hand..;)

Honestly, just no class:rolleyes:

Now the local kebab shop....
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    But McD's ? For a wedding reception. Wow. Makes the ropey pub my brother used look like the ritz.

Personally I would prefer it or a pub to some stuffy posh hotel or country club where the food is pretentious and the atmosphere is formal and boring.
    Forum Member
    people seem to use Ross and Rachel from Friends as inspiration for how to behave in a relationship.

Look, how many times do I need to explain that? We were on a BREAK!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way people treat relationships and marriage these days is sad. So few people seem to take either seriously anymore, and it feels like no one wants to put the effort in to making this stuff work. Weddings are just for the sake of showing off and having a party, and people seem to use Ross and Rachel from Friends as inspiration for how to behave in a relationship.

Depressing. OP, your ex and his new fling sound like a match made in hell. Be pleased you're well out of it.

Well said Molly :) I have to say, I cringe when I see how frivolously other people I know treat marriage and sanctity of vows etc. It's a joke, and marriage really is no joke, especially when you end up dealing with an expensive divorce and when kids & property are involved.

Or KFC?! Or Subway?!!

I can't be arsed with FB today and the reaction of his family is depressing, but we have a lot of mutual friends so the news is hard not to hear around these parts (he also only lives 4 miles down the road). From what Ive heard she apparently put up a "****, what have I done?"-style update this morning....... :eek::rolleyes:
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    All the best to him I say. I think he's equally well rid of a bitter, spiteful, judgmental woman from the sounds of it.
    Much as I agree that the OP is somewhat bitter and has been venting her emotions on the thread, I think it's unfair to say what you've said - that she's spiteful.

When you've been in love and been hurt, most of us have been through that I imagine, it's very easy to convince ourselves that we are over a relationship and that all is well, to laugh it off.

However, when we see that person then involved in another relationship, marriage, one that you hoped might be the end product for yourself and that person, you are bound to feel a kick in the nether regions, a hurt, wonder what it is about you that was lacking and what it is about the next person that makes them different.

You feel hurt, bitter, you put on a brave face, but it is bound to leak out, and I feel that - although DS is not perhaps the right place for those emotions to leak - maybe the OP felt that this the only place she could let it all rip, and perhaps it's cathartic for her to let go of some of that remaining feeling here.

Yes, it might not be the right, proper, correct thing to do, but we humans are a mass of emotions, and perhaps the OP needed an outlet, a voice, a place where she could let out what she may have been holding inside a bit, somewhere where it was nothing to do with her reality, her real life. A release. Therapeutic in a sense.

Heartache isn't a nice feeling, it can lead to outpourings of all kinds. It's not a logical emotion.
  • Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF I ever got married again I would jet off to the Seychelles & get married on the beach :)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon O wrote: »
    IF I ever got married again I would jet off to the Seychelles & get married on the beach :)
    Sounds idyllic :)