Options

Owen_KentOwen_Kent Posts: 270
Forum Member
Anyone else starting to re watch all 8 seasons of 24 on dvd before the new series starts in April?

I currently am, I have just watched the series final of Day 1 (Season 1) I never get board of day 1 as its a good season to start the best US drama of, its such a shame Nina killed Teri in the end.

I am on day 2 now, starting it tomorrow. Day 2 is one of my best season but I hate it when George Mason was killed of as he was one of my best characters and he's exit was very sad when he took over the plane from Jack :(

And also it was the first season Michelle made her first appearance in 24 :)

I just can't wait for 24 to return in April for new episodes :D

Comments

• Options
    tim1964tim1964 Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up.I thought there were only 8 seasons. Currently up to day 8 ep 4 at the mo'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tim1964 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up.I thought there were only 8 seasons. Currently up to day 8 ep 4 at the mo'

Please tell me your joking? :o

You didn't know that 24 is coming back for 12 episodes?, its been announced since last year and the new series films in London and its set 4 years after season 8.

Also the new series is called 24: Live Another Day

So far the only characters are returning from past seasons is: Jack Bauer, Audrey, Chloe, James Heller and possible Tony but nothing has been confirmed about Tony yet, and some other 4 new cast have joined.

Have a look at this link, you will find all the latest news and casting on the new series so far :)

http://www.24spoilers.com/
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i rewatched them recently. they were as good as i remembered.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very interested to see why all the characters are now in Europe, London it seems, at the same time. Though I'm not complaining. However its going to be fun seeing how they deal with all the usual immunity deals and 'I want to speak to the president'. They can't play by the big America rules the world notion if its a UK terror threat they are dealing with as we have different ways of doing stuff.

Is it being shot in the UK or is it just a Hollywood studio pretending to be London? lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm very interested to see why all the characters are now in Europe, London it seems, at the same time. Though I'm not complaining. However its going to be fun seeing how they deal with all the usual immunity deals and 'I want to speak to the president'. They can't play by the big America rules the world notion if its a UK terror threat they are dealing with as we have different ways of doing stuff.

Is it being shot in the UK or is it just a Hollywood studio pretending to be London? lol

It really is been filmed in London and 24 spoilers website has stated the cast will start filming in 2 weeks on this artical.

http://www.24spoilers.com/2014/01/08/fox-holding-24-live-another-day-panel-tca-2014/

And here is the link about the cast filming in London which was announced last year: http://www.24spoilers.com/2013/10/03/24-live-another-day-film-london/
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Right up there in my top bracket of tv shows ever. I've not done a complete rewatch since the show ended though and I doubt I'd have the time before the new one starts.

But yeah, absolutely adore this show and can't wait to have Jack Bauer back on my screen! Seeing as I live in London I'm tempted to root around online and try and find some sort of shooting schedule so I can try and stalk the cast :D
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Owen_Kent wrote: »
    Anyone else starting to re watch all 8 seasons of 24 on dvd before the new series starts in April?

April?

They are due to be filming in London I think it will be later than April.

Still with 24 on Netflix it makes it easy to watch the whole series
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did a s1-s8 rewatch a couple of years back - it took me about 9 months lol, mainly because it took me ages to build up the courage to watch s6 again. It wasn't actually as bad as I remembered, I think s7 might be the weakest.
  • Options
    Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, I am rewatching now, just coming up to the halfway point in S4. It was very brave of them to kick off S4 with an almost entirely new cast : Only Jack and Chloe are returnees from the previous season, but gradually they are bringing the others back into play, first Tony, then Michelle, and Palmer isn't far away either.

Love the show. Season 6 is definitely the weakest, but 7 and 8 got things back on track. 1-3 and 5 are all consistantly fantastic.
  • Options
    SourGrapesSourGrapes Posts: 4,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I re-watched Season 1 recently and plan to do 5 and 7 before the new one starts, those three were my favourites. I may also watch 8 again as I can't remember much of it, but I thought it was a bit weak at the time

Looking forward to the new one - glad Chloe is in it along with Jack. They need to include Aaron Pierce this time too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    Yep, I am rewatching now, just coming up to the halfway point in S4. It was very brave of them to kick off S4 with an almost entirely new cast : Only Jack and Chloe are returnees from the previous season, but gradually they are bringing the others back into play, first Tony, then Michelle, and Palmer isn't far away either.

Love the show. Season 6 is definitely the weakest, but 7 and 8 got things back on track. 1-3 and 5 are all consistantly fantastic.

It's always interesting to me how 24 fans seem to dislike Season 6 so much :confused: and I'll be blessed if I can figure out why; anyone care to elaborate with some specifics please?

It especially is a mystery when they then remark how they liked Season 8,:( which I absolutely detested the first half of. Or at least until the double agent mole was in custody interegation and Jack smacked her head on the table. Then with his back to camera he read her the riot act, chapter and verse, from the Book of Wrath! :p No I am not in favor of abusing women but when you've done what she did you don't get to hide behind your skirt. If you're gonna run with the big boys you'd better be ready to have them play hard ball with you, and to do it for real up close and personal if needed, which Jack did.

Check out on "24 Spoilers" click on the icon for the Series which will give you a drop down choice and go to Season 8, even the packaging of it leaves one wanting to know, "Where's the beef?" :p

What we can all agree on I think is boy are we all looking forward to May 5th when "24 Live Another Day" begins with new format, some new faces, and ones which are old friends returning like Chloe. :) Personally I don't see the character of Jack Heller >:(being an old friend for Jack in any way shape or form. Matter of fact William Devane did such a good acting job of Heller teaaring into Jack when he came to be with Audrey :o that when Devane comes on television to promote money investments in gold I can't mute the TV fast enough!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, regarding Season 8; the ending was good in that it is Chloe who had his back for so long talks Jack through so much :cool: toward the end. Even to the point of shooting her friend in order to help him. :( And her closing down the "live feed" of Jack's ultimate clearing of the thugs :o and being given a heads up by President Taylor, what a Judas Iscariot role she played, was so poingant. :cry: Season 8 at least left me with some closure, and boy did I need it after President Logan's antics, what an actor!:)
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With regards to them shooting it, they're shooting it today on Cobb Street near Liverpool Street. Just passed the set on my lunch break. Got some great pictures :D