Free The Nipple - Cara Delevingne & other celebs campaigning

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
Forum Member
Let me preface this by saying I couldn't care less if women want go topless in public. It doesn't offend me in the slightest.

However, the fact that Cara Delevingne and others are actually campaigning for this beggars belief. With all that's going on in the world, they choose THIS as a cause worthy of championing? Maybe I'm missing something and they're just larking about but Cara and others seem to be putting a lot of thought and energy into it.

I must be a real crusty old fart because I truly can't begin to understand why somene would want to spent time on this and not campaign for more serious women's rights issues like domestic violence or sexual abuse, or ANY other issues currently affecting our societies and our planet.

Are these people as vain, shallow, self-obsessed, ignorant, and ridiculous as they are painting themselves as? I really think they are. I wory, too, that it won't be long before more and more younger people care about things like Free The Nipple more than they care about the sort of issues women face that can lead to suffering and death.

Comments

• CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm all for expressing the inner tit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I'm all for expressing the inner tit

Like I said, it doesn't bother me. But to campaign for it? They have too much time on their hands and not enough brains in their heads.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    It's just an excuse for them to get their tits out and grab a bit of publicity into the bargain. Campaigning my arse!
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Tatyana wrote: »
    Let me preface this by saying I couldn't care less if women want go topless in public. It doesn't offend me in the slightest.

This is not about women going topless in public. This campaign started because people get their social media accounts suspended if they show photographs of women topless.
    Even some transparent dress in a catwalk, if you can see a nipple, instagram and the likes will take it down. It's a bit hysterical.

But i agree with you, that are better this to "campaign" about.
    Forum Member
    Viridiana wrote: »
    This is not about women going topless in public. This campaign started because people get their social media accounts suspended if they show photographs of women topless.
    Even some transparent dress in a catwalk, if you can see a nipple, instagram and the likes will take it down. It's a bit hysterical.

But i agree with you, that are better this to "campaign" about.

Thanks for educating me - I had no idea that's how this campaign started and I do think social media behaves ridiculously when it comes to what they will censor (yet let pro terrorism stuff remain!).

To campaign about it still gets on my wick though. These airheaded girls should take a leaf out of Angelina Jolie's book - now there is a celebrity who is to be admired when it comes to charity work and raising awarenss.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First world problems and all that.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Cara Delevingne et al realise theres not actually anything they can do to stop the "more important things" like Isis taking over Iraq or human rights abuses in China?
    Though I expect all they'll achieve is Facebook book banning mens' nips too.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cara reminds me of Gazza with her weird faces and gurning into the camera.
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Perhaps Cara Delevingne et al realise theres not actually anything they can do to stop the "more important things" like Isis taking over Iraq or human rights abuses in China?

What about campaiging against domestic violence or sexual abuse or just ANYTHING else other than the farce they are currently promoting? As I said, Angelina Jolie is a great role model when it comes to humantarian work.

These lot are just self obsessed airheads after a bit of attention. It's embarrassing.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If men can go bear chested then woman should be able to as well.
    Forum Member
    Moggio wrote: »

I'm not disputing that.

My issue is how self-obsessed and attention seeking Cara and co are coming across, chosing to focus on this rather unimportant thing now when there are so much more urgent matters they could show some consideration to.

Like another poster said, they are just coming across like they want to show off and get some publicity for it. I find their antics desperate and pathetic.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who cares? Caitlin Stasey got 'em out!

That alone would put me on their side.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    is it okay if they're black or grizzly?