Options

Do certain foods make you ill?

OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Macaroni cheese always seem to give me a migraine :(

I had one from the work canteen yesterday evening, developed a migraine & took a couple of paracetamol and went to bed at 8pm, and now woken up at 3 in the morning can't get back to sleep so am posting on DS instead :blush:

Comments

• Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever my mother-in-law cooks consistently makes me ill, I'm not sure whether she is that bad a cook or she is trying to poison me.

Could be either.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tinned corned beef. Especially that disgusting congealed jelly/fat that seems to cling to it.
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tinned corned beef. Especially that disgusting congealed jelly/fat that seems to cling to it.

I haven't had corned beef for over 10 years... since school dinners :blush: Can't say I miss it!
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of macaroni cheese either, it makes me feel ill. Certain sugar free drinks also give me a bad stomach, so I assume I'm intolerant to one of the sweetners they use.
  • Options
    biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almonds stop me breathing.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mussels make me violently sick every time.

I was once served them on a date and about two hours later I had my head over the toilet bowl! Hardly the passionate night I expected lol
  • Options
    toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dates and prunes make me wretch.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    quorn. i`ve never been so violently, frequently and painfully sick and it lasted twelve hours.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alaskan king crab. Had that twice and ended up in bed for 4 days being violently ill. first time it took 8 hours to make me ill then next time about 20mins.

Also grain and sugar (high carbs) make me depressed and ill.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i think i've actually developed some kind of wheat intolerance over the past few years. anything with wheatflour or wheat grain - i think - gives me a major case of montezuma's revenge.

and I mean major :D

Twiglets do me in in that respect as well which is annoying as i bloody love them.

Lemon Curd is on the list as well ..

I'm so old .. heh :)
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I try to stay away from black licorice. I love the taste but it wreaks havoc on my stomach.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brown rice, brown pasta and brown bread. It all triggers my IBS off massively. It's best avoided in my case.

Lentils as well - about four hours after the last chicken dhansak I ate, I thought I was having a baby. It was very scary.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Onions seem to occasionally give me toilet related problems :blush:
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, I have a stomach like a rubbish tip
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    Macaroni cheese always seem to give me a migraine :(

I had one from the work canteen yesterday evening, developed a migraine & took a couple of paracetamol and went to bed at 8pm, and now woken up at 3 in the morning can't get back to sleep so am posting on DS instead :blush:

I'm guessing that will be the cheese rather than the actual dish itself, my Sister also suffers migraines if she eats cheese.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    Onions seem to occasionally give me toilet related problems :blush:

Same here, along with peas, beans, oats, peanuts and alpen, which is really annoying as I really like all of those. :(
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Although I am not allergic to anything as far as I know, the mere thought of eating a mushroom makes me feel ill. Spawn of the devil, those dreaded funghi.
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Cheese knocks me sick yet I'll eat cheese n onion crisp
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shortbread makes me ill to the point where I have to lie down for about 5 hours :D

Gutted, as I love it :(
  • Options
    Ninja_NathanNinja_Nathan Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I feel bad after I ear bannanas and koppurberg gives me indigestion.
    Melted cheese gives me the runs so badly, though I've never heard a reason why or if anyone else has it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm have coeliac disease. So cannot eat anything containing wheat, rye, barley, gluten.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Yep

Bananas give me a bad stomach as can too many eggs

Pastry, sugary drinks and sometimes fruit (although I can have most now) give me heart burn

Sugar things first thing I eat gives me heart burn

Garlic baguettes make me feel sick :confused:

Tesco bottled water gives me heartburn sometimes
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know what they put in Cuppa Soups but they trigger me off with migraine.

A few month ago I had a reaction to scampi (never had it before). My hands were itching and my eyes swelled up - it was really scary :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ham just doesn't agree with me. Something about the texture just turns my stomach! :o

Raspberries are VILE, the fruit of Satan, they are!
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Milk and milk-based dishes tend to make me feel queasy. Often left me a stomach ache. Certain cheeses and chocolates as well. No idea why. My GP didn't find anything wrong. Shame as I do like the taste of those.

I can't eat peas, baked beans, red kidney beans, chickpeas and all other forms of beans. Texture and tastes are just too weird. Weird enough to make me want to stick a finger down my throat to get rid of them afterwards.