Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any mention of "Date Night" Annoys me.... Where has this phrase come from? You're together for 10 years have a couple of kids and you have a "date night"...No you're going out for the evening.

One of my friends (well I say friend but one who would nodoubt stalk me if I delete them)

"Yayy! Date Night tonight with my hubby cinema and a few drinks"

I don't know why but it annoys me, infact when i have a night out with my OH I don't post it on facebook mainly because I don't want to gloat!

Other little things that slightly annoy me are "BOOM!"....Nom nom nom and U ok hun?

New Year's resolution for me to delete my account for more than an hour before thinking "oh I wonder what i'm missing? Because usually it's NOWT!"

Lol, I don't mind the "Date Night" thing but "nom nom nom" makes me want to puke!!
  • Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    I detest facebook but have come to love this thread , apart from the bad neck from shaking my head.
    This thread is great. It's made my toes curl several times and, as I'm not on Facebook, it's made me determined never to join! lol

Keep them coming please :D

Don't let this thread put you off Facebook. It is a brilliant place for a lot of people. Today, our little town almost got flooded again, through Facebook, I had several offers of help to come and lift furniture off floors, someone came and helped to unblock the drain covers, and a whole row of shops that would have been flooded were saved due to the fast co-ordination of sandbags etc all done on Facebook while the Council offices were closed.

Tomorrow, I will spend a happy day communicating with family and friends who are hundreds of miles away and seeing the photos of their celebrations.

Like most things in life, you get out of it what you put in. I have made some very real friendships on Facebook, and my life would be poorer without it.
  • Penfolds_placePenfolds_place Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overall I don't mind what people post, if its boring or annoying I don't click or comment. People moan about those who post baby pics but I love seeing my nieces photos as I don't always get to see them as often as I would like. I love seeing updates about how they are doing.

One thing that slightly annoyed me was i had one friend who would post attention seeking photos saying things like "looking minging with no make up but don't have time with new baby" then post a pic where she was obviously wearing make up. Or "so fat but my baby's worth it" and then post a photo of her in a tight dress which could be no more than a size 8 looking fab. I don't mind a bit of attention seeking but she could at least say, 'lost the baby weight yay' or something I would have more respect and would say congratulations.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "My little S**** has come on heat for the first time :P no walks off the lead for her!"

o.O Did we really need to know that?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How embrassing... I won't say which page - but a status very similar to one of mine has appeared! Haha.

Anyway I hate it when people use the term "girlies". It's usually fat middle age women who use it.. " Iam going out with my girlies tonight".. Yuk
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    There is one at the moment where she keeps moaning about The Police harassing her son and keeping checking up on him whilst at the same time admitting (more bragging) that he is guilty of whatever they want to talk to him about.

She also moans about the people who have dared to report him for doing something wrong (even to them)

Is it just me who thinks maybe if her son didn't keep braking the law perhaps The Police wouldn't want to talk with him as much and others wouldn't report him
    Forum Member
    Strict wrote: »
    How embrassing... I won't say which page - but a status very similar to one of mine has appeared! Haha.

Anyway I hate it when people use the term "girlies". It's usually fat middle age women who use it.. " Iam going out with my girlies tonight".. Yuk

That's because when we were young and thin in the 70/80s we all had to be feminists and weren't allowed to call ourselves girlies. Then you reach a certain age and being called a girl is a compliment. :D
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Why is it some football fans have to update their status with every goal or everything that happens one on my friends list can make about 20+ status per game
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who post pictures of the restaurant meals they are eating. You're on a night out, just eat the food and enjoy the company!
  • FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    My Lilmans So Brave An Strong After What He Has To Go Fru!! Love Him Lots

Has just cooked the healthiest stir fir lamb stake...

IVE BEEN STABBED 3 TIMES HAD GUNS PULLED ON ME IVE DONE MY DIRT I GOT A DEGREE IVE BEEN THROUGH SOME SHIT AND I MAKE MUSIC BUT IVE GIVEN YOU ENOUGH MUSIC VIDEOS SO ILL START THE YEAR WITH A DOCUMENTARY KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THAT SHIT

im soo tierd
  • Colin HuntColin Hunt Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Why is it some football fans have to update their status with every goal or everything that happens one on my friends list can make about 20+ status per game

Saves one having to subscribe to Sky Sports though!
  • cas116cas116 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OH I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT

:D

I tHiNk ThIs OnE iS eVeN mOrE aNnOYiNg. It SeEmS tO bE a FaVoUrItE wHeN wIsHiNg SoMeOnE hApPy BiRtHdAy.

Why why why?!
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Facebook, but I honestly detest posts like "Like if you love your daughter" or "How many likes for this brave man" accompanied by pitiful pictures etc. Really gets on my nerves that one!
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    "nom nom nom" makes me want to puke!!

Me too. I literally :mad: :mad: :mad: at the sight of those "words"...I have always shuddered at adults using baby-speak though. It makes my blood run cold.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    People who post pictures of the restaurant meals they are eating. You're on a night out, just eat the food and enjoy the company!

That's the height of sadness. I find it utterly tragic that people can't just enjoy their experiences as they happen - everything has to be about photo opportunities so they can flaunt themselves on bloody Facebook.

Even sadder though is Tumblr, where it is the norm to post pictures of yourself reacting to whatever TV show or movie you are watching...so when something like the Merlin finale airs, you get lots of pictures of random strangers snotting and crying shoved at you. Lovely. (DS really does need to get a vomiting smilie)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    People posting "Happy New Year" since December 29th.

Yes! On my FB, everyone had posted "Happy New Year!" so early that by about lunchtime on 1st January, there was not even a trace of it on FB anymore. Shouldn't the "Happy New Year"-ing start on that day?

I also think it's really cringeworthy when mums of young children post "inspirational" pictures of how great and irreplacable mums are (not their own mums, but themselves). It's so self-congratulatory!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    I have always shuddered at adults using baby-speak though. It makes my blood run cold.

Yes, not Facebook related, but why do some women speak in baby voices (to other adults)? :mad:
    Forum Member
    All this stuff isn't new to Facebook though, when I was a teenager in the 1970s my parents both worked in factories and they used to come home with all sorts of printed jokes, poems, and other stuff that had been copied and passed around.
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "What have I done to deserve all this :-("

And what was the first comment?
    "U ok hun?" :rolleyes:
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of acquaintances of mine went travelling recently round SE Asia and I swear they were on Facebook more often than me and I'm between jobs at the moment with nothing better to do. I know when I went travelling I managed to go on about once a week and that was only when waiting around for buses/checking in to hostels.

Pretty much everything about Facebook annoy me these days... I LOVE THIS THREAD!
    Forum Member
    Shizuku wrote: »
    A couple of acquaintances of mine went travelling recently round SE Asia and I swear they were on Facebook more often than me and I'm between jobs at the moment with nothing better to do. I know when I went travelling I managed to go on about once a week and that was only when waiting around for buses/checking in to hostels.

Pretty much everything about Facebook annoy me these days... I LOVE THIS THREAD!

This is what I don't understand - if it annoys you so much why would you go on it, and then spend even more time reading even more statuses that will annoy you?
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The constant baby photo's from a new mum have suddenly stopped. Not seen any for the last few days. It has been refreshing though.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    mums of young children post "inspirational" pictures of how great and irreplacable mums

Often it's 'moms'.
    And what was the first comment?
    "U ok hun?" :rolleyes:

Which of these was their response?
    A. Fine thanks hun
    B. Dont wanna talk about it
    C. Will inbox u
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shizuku wrote: »

I know exactly what you mean, I have people on mine travelling the world but seemingly every day they're updating their Facebook! Its as though people can't enjoy their experiences just for what they are anymore, they have to show it off to others and be told how lucky they are first.
    Forum Member
    I know exactly what you mean, I have people on mine travelling the world but seemingly every day they're updating their Facebook! Its as though people can't enjoy their experiences just for what they are anymore, they have to show it off to others and be told how lucky they are first.

Or maybe they just like to let their family and friends know that they are OK and having a good time? I love to see updates from my family and friends when they are away.
This discussion has been closed.