Bit on the Side - not as bad this series?

strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
Forum Member
✭✭✭
To me it seems a bit less crass and immature this series. It still has it's faults (Jamie East I'm looking at you in particular).

With the last series of Big Mouth and the other series I have been cringing as I have found it so puerile but so far, touch wood, I have found it a bit better.

Comments

• BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it has (a few) more clips from the house
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having the likes of Natalie Cassidy on was not a good sign.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL, early days!!!! I was just thinking earlier, Aaron was saying on the Wright Stuff the other day that four HMs from his year had attempted suicide and that he was writing a book about the experience and he mentioned the lack of care he felt, i do think BBBOTS plays a major part in the grand scheme of things, year on year it had been getting worse, IMO the show should help diffuse issues, but the exact opposite was allowed to happen, i feel they should have encouraged viewers to take a step back and just see the show for what it is, I think it hardly surprising former HM got a hard time out in public as the hysterical irrational HATE was allowed, in fact encouraged by producers, I want to be entertained over the summer but i dont want to watch as a hatchet job is done on a HM just because they can.
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I do agree the guests have been underwhelming to say the least.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Burns, Childs, Katona, Cassidy.

Could hardly have been worse.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched for the first time yesterday and it seemed loads better. I liked Tom Thumb on the panel (much better than the embarressing Reidinator or Butch Cassidy). Thank god the awful dog has gone!

Alex Reid miming to his autotuned robotic song was the worst bit. He should be arrested for crimes against music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

can't stand her and why did Emma call her the People's Princess :confused: she sure as he** is the last person I would name that
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

I managed to avoid noticing Burns and Katona. :)

But Amy's voice drilled into my head, and Natalie ... Don't the producers realise she wasn't popular? Or have they bought the absurd idea that voters thought they were voting to evict?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I watched for the first time yesterday and it seemed loads better. I liked Tom Thumb on the panel (much better than the embarressing Reidinator or Butch Cassidy). Thank god the awful dog has gone!

Alex Reid miming to his autotuned robotic song was the worst bit. He should be arrested for crimes against music.

fell asleep and missed it, seems like I should be grateful ;)
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it with Burns and BBBOTS? Is the BB bully related to the producer?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I managed to avoid noticing Burns and Katona. :)

But Amy's voice drilled into my head, and Natalie ... Don't the producers realise she wasn't popular? Or have they bought the absurd idea that voters thought they were voting to evict?

They called her "The People's Princess".

Maybe on the grounds that absolutely no-one votes for a princess.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first show was ok but its drifted back to its worst with these horrendous guests that the majority of sane people surely find intensely irritating.
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still vile as ever, the audience have no idea of entertainment, the guests have still been atrocious (Bar Tom and Ben).
  • FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Reid "singing" was as bad as tv gets
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the show last year anyway so maybe I'm not the best judge, but I have noticed there seems to be less filler and some more good stuff. I like that Emma moves about more too across the entire set, in contrast to when she was pregnant and was obviously limited to the studio. So yep, I'd definitely say the show has improved. It could do with better guests now.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought Princess Diana had been reincarnated when I heard Emma Willis introduce the 'People's Princess' :o
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another thing I have noticed with BBOTS. The House is mainly 20 something yr olds, with the exception of Victoria and Benedict ( I think ), but the BBOTS audience has a far wider age range! Why only 2 over 20 something yr olds in the House if they want 'older' audience members on BBOTS?

Hope I make sense lol:D
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    if it got rid of emma and quit with the crude/rude toilet humor maybe. (or at least toned it down from the extreme)
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma Willis is the best part of BOTS and seeing as Davina is never coming back, i think they should get rid of Brian and give Emma the job.
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing I have noticed with BBOTS. The House is mainly 20 something yr olds, with the exception of Victoria and Benedict ( I think ), but the BBOTS audience has a far wider age range! Why only 2 over 20 something yr olds in the House if they want 'older' audience members on BBOTS?

Hope I make sense lol:D

Yeah I thought the same thing. I think Luke A is 31 but the audience has a much wider age range than the contestants on the show.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I agree OP. I can actually manage to watch it now. I never saw Kerry Katona on it, must have missed that one and barely noticed the other guests last night as Tom outshone the lot of them.

It's great to hear from someone obviously watching and enjoying the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree OP. I can actually manage to watch it now. I never saw Kerry Katona on it, must have missed that one and barely noticed the other guests last night as Tom outshone the lot of them.

Apologies, Katona was on the audition/wildcard show, as was Belo.

I'm sure they'll turn up on BOTS before long.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firewalker wrote: »
    Alex Reid "singing" was as bad as tv gets

I switched off after one line of the "song"
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

IT got even worse last night..Alex Reid!, the worlds greatest fighter, actor, singer and ex husband. OMG!:rolleyes:
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still vile as ever, the audience have no idea of entertainment, the guests have still been atrocious (Bar Tom and Ben).

I like Ben but.....have we had a thread yet about the amount of make up he was wearing?!?!?!