Gary Loosing Credibility Fast

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
Forum Member
✭✭
I think Gary being a judge is one of the worst moves of his career. I used to think of him as a decent person within the music business, but now I just think he's an idiot puppet of Cowell's. He criticised Louis for sending home the clearly better act in week 1, but then he goes and does the same tonight. He comes out with ridiculous comments too like "I feel like I want this for you more than you want this for yourself" which is what he said to Jade tonight. I felt sorry for her as her sing off was much better than Union J and you could tell by the shaking of her head after Gary's comments that she knew she was going and that she knows what a farce the show is. Then there's his rude comments to Tulisa last night. I'm no Tulisa fan, but what he said was rude, immature and so childish. I've lost respect for him...not that I exactly had a lot before, but i thought he knew what he was doing. He's just an awful, awful judge.

Comments

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, add to that the ridiculous championing of him for Christopher. I know he's his act, but you can't tell me that Gary seriously thinks he's any good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    All Gary cares about is the money. If it was about the music he would never have even signed up.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, add to that the ridiculous championing of him for Christopher. I know he's his act, but you can't tell me that Gary seriously thinks he's any good.

I wonder what Gary would be saying about Christopher if he hadn't been in his category?

Would be interesting to know.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus the Frankie stuff from last year and his comments to Tulisa last night.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he made the correct decision tonight.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He lost his credibility when he signed up for the show. He needs to go.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What he said didn't actually justify getting rid of someone who he himself said had a phenomenal voice, for some boys with pretty avereage decent singing voices. Kind of makes you feel the UJ could stand and just wail and the judges would put them through as you can see XF are all ready to make them One Direction mark 2. Heaven forbid that someone who actually sings better then them gets through!

Barlow's just part of the XF machine, so no surprises there.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes hes starting to annoy me how dare him take the mick and embarrass tulissa like that and he himself has a habitt of choosing joke acts anyway very hyprocritical
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really dissapointed.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade was awful last night
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really dissapointed.

I really heard that in Gary's monotone drawl!
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loosing....

unlike this thread which has lost it...or is it losing it?
  • freeshatfreeshat Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Loosing....

unlike this thread which has lost it...or is it losing it?

They must be talking about all the weight he has lost, and all his clothes are now very 'loose' since he used to be very fat.
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just a sheep like all the rest of them. no better, no worse.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should of voted for Jade more then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Credibility? What did he ever have in the first place? I was about 12, I think, when Take That first came out. Yer know, all the Smash Hits Poll Winners Party era, he had a peroxide blonde flat top, rolling about in jelly with his arse out in one of their first videos. Prior to Take That, he wanted to be Britain's next Aled Jones.

Come on, he makes guff music for simple minds. This era of Take That is Mother's Day records or music families play to teenagers who are lying in comas in Ayia Napa cos they've jumped out of a hotel window, pissed as a fart.

Add that to the fact that he's a Tory and a tax dodger. Forget credibility, he's never had any. Ultimately, he's a wrong 'un. A man that will not pay his fair share of tax and a man who supports a political party who protect the rich, harm the poor and who want to dismantle YOUR National Health Service. In 10 years time, when of yer family has to go to hospital and needs surgery, aftercare, etc and you see the size of the bill you have to pay. Think of Gary Barlow then. Think of him.
  • bratwurztbratwurzt Posts: 2,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should just change the spelling to 'loosing' as nobody seems to be able to spell it correctly anyway.
  • SupersarahpSupersarahp Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bratwurzt wrote: »
    They should just change the spelling to 'loosing' as nobody seems to be able to spell it correctly anyway.

I will have you know I always spell losing correctly - as well as using their, there and they're in the correct context :p . I have disliked Gary from day one- Cowell wannabe.
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I feel like I want this for you more than you do' wtf? I know I can't complain about the act with least votes going (no way would she have beat Union J) but it's ridiculous she was there anyway when D3, Rylan and Christopher sail through. Says it all when 2 of only 5 acts I enjoyed are bottom.

Gary is an awful judge but he'll do for guilty pleasure eye candy :o
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    Jade was awful last night

Poor on Saturday maybe but not in the sing off. If you aint going to judge artists on the sing off, whats the point in having one?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    freeshat wrote: »
    They must be talking about all the weight he has lost, and all his clothes are now very 'loose' since he used to be very fat.

And, if I remember rightly, got quite a bit of stick from Mr Williams, on that score, how the tables have turned!

;)

However, I rate his song writing and don't think he makes "guff," music..some of his songs are well constructed and complex, though I never bothered with early Take That, as I couldn't abide Robbie Williams..or the whole "boy-band," phenomena..but since their re-grouping and the two albums that followed, as a 4 piece, I've been impressed with his work, not only with Take That, but some of the songs he's written for others.

So, as a writer, he's lost no credibility for me.

I also don't think he's "in it for the money," I very much doubt he needs it..

However, I did think of him as a person of integrity who'd stand by his guns, but he seems as much a victim, or willing participant, if you will, of the whole publicity, money making, out of control, monster that the show's become..

It's not, repeat not about talent/singing skills anymore, if it ever was, it's about raking in money with "novelty," acts and headlines and lowest common denominator tactics like "wars," between the judges and the contestants and their antics, which are splashed over the papers day in and day out, from day one..

To be honest, I'm not that fussed whether James Arthur's had 5 girls in one night, or whether Chris Maloney told a few porkie pies on his way to getting an audition, all I want to do is to listen to them sing and make my mind up about that.

Regarding Mr Barlow, well, he's shown himself, on more than one occasion, this series in particular, that he's just as much part of the whole joke, as Louis Walsh and is to be taken just as seriously IMO..

He's ended up like many of the politicians we all so admire these days, toeing the party line, saying whatever is expected of him and any sort of principles and musical integrity, or chances of letting the public and contestants know what he really thinks of their performances.are sidelined.

Last night was the biggest joke, for me, but certainly not for poor Jade, when I recall what he had to say in the first week about the "sing-off," being an "easy choice," yest it was..and Walsh hi-jacked it, for reasons beyond comprehension but perfectly logical in his bizarre world.

Last night was an "easy choice," also and at the very least, G.B. could've taken it to deadlock..but chose not to..

In future, I'll view him as, I started to after he "walked out," of the first show with as much cynicism as I do the rest of them..only he should know better!

Rich.
    x
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Gary being a judge is one of the worst moves of his career. I used to think of him as a decent person within the music business, but now I just think he's an idiot puppet of Cowell's.

He lost it last year with Cocozza. He pretended he was going to bring credibility to the show. He is a sheep, like the rest of the them, it's all about the money and exposure for his own band and solo tour.

Humourless and dull.
  • MysteryxxxxxMysteryxxxxx Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Gary comes across well to me. He's evidently knowledgeable, can seem dry but he's funny and most of the time honest. He lies a bit for his own acts but you gotta defend them it's their role. He didn't put chris through originally so you cannot blame him for that.

And he's already made it clear he's not Simon Cowell's puppet with his comments and words in week 1. I'm not sure why anyone would say such a stupid thing.

His choice between Jade and unionj is 50/50 so he went on who wants it more...no big deal.
  • MysteryxxxxxMysteryxxxxx Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    All the people talking about frankie are not smart either. Last year frankie was 2nd favorite to win at the judges houses point. It was only on the live shows it got exposed he couldn't really sing. Before that he was raved about.
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary comes across well to me. He's evidently knowledgeable, can seem dry but he's funny and most of the time honest. He lies a bit for his own acts but you gotta defend them it's their role. He didn't put chris through originally so you cannot blame him for that.

And he's already made it clear he's not Simon Cowell's puppet with his comments and words in week 1. I'm not sure why anyone would say such a stupid thing.

His choice between Jade and unionj is 50/50 so he went on who wants it more...no big deal.

This I completely agree with, but I dislike him as a person because he is rude. Perhaps it is all that wine he drinks which makes him run off at the mouth in a bitching way. I believe how he behaved is not what I want children to watch. I was shocked at his comment. Thank goodness he's leaving the show.