Going to miss Rob Donovan!

callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
Forum Member
✭✭
now hear me out. Tracy might be a killer and a bitch, but god these two are great together but no Rob, who had potential and Marc is a good actor gets axed and we will be stuck with the likes of Maria and her boring relationships for more years to come, then the two morons Fiz and Tyrone who Corrie are trying to delude are some great couple but are boring as hell with no spark at all.

Why why why they make him a killer just to give the tangoed one an exit, when originally promising her that they would keep the door open and another actor loses his job. He was doing so well with Carla, but now they have ruined it. Again!

Comments

• grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the new iconic couple Steve and Michelle. Either them or Phelan and Anna will win best on screen partnership next year also maybe Sawfie and Maddeh. All iconic with Mishells foldy arms or the spectacular hotel scene with Panna. But I've just started to like Rob and his relationship with Tracy but I think CS are already ruining him by putting him on a loop every episode he sees Peter screams go away runs to Carla and does the overprotective act.
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    I agree and he is the only attractive bloke on the street - what are they thinking!! It took me a while to warm to Rob but he is fantastic with Tracy (and Deirdre!) I like his cheeky chappy vibe, and he is great with Carla - honestly its like at the moment the producers don't have a clue what the general public want! Getting rid of a good character with potential....and giving a huge storyline to one of the worst child actors I have ever seen on screen, its crazy! :confused:
  • B_Bowler27B_Bowler27 Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I agree, think it's a massive shame he was chosen to be Tina's killer as the character was just starting to grow on me and many others. Think it's a great shame and he will be a big loss.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    This is all I have to say on the matter:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVAyiM1Hmtw
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna miss him too :( He's a great character and as sexy as hell to boot :p
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob and Tracy make a great couple they bring out the best in one another ..the best pairing in CS for along time....Why why ruin it !!!!!!
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    This is all I have to say on the matter:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVAyiM1Hmtw

If appearing in just shorts is a sign of imminent departure then it's goodbye to Marcus and Todd

Marc Baylis was brought in along with Michells's son Ryan (?) to sex up the programme, both will have soon disappeared
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now hear me out. Tracy might be a killer and a bitch, but god these two are great together but no Rob, who had potential and Marc is a good actor gets axed and we will be stuck with the likes of Maria and her boring relationships for more years to come, then the two morons Fiz and Tyrone who Corrie are trying to delude are some great couple but are boring as hell with no spark at all.

Why why why they make him a killer just to give the tangoed one an exit, when originally promising her that they would keep the door open and another actor loses his job. He was doing so well with Carla, but now they have ruined it. Again!

It is madnes to get rid of Rob, he is one of the more interesting characters on the show, and he can actually act. There are other characters who need to be axed before him - Sophie, Maddie, Faye to name but three.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    It is madnes to get rid of Rob, he is one of the more interesting characters on the show, and he can actually act. There are other characters who need to be axed before him - Sophie, Maddie, Faye to name but three.

They're not murderers though, well apart from crimes against acting.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm undecided, quite like him though, I couldn't really imagine him and Tracy being happy for too long though
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hasn't gone yet. Be a while before he's found out. Right about the time peter returns in 12 month probably.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are loads of other characters they could have made into the murderer, Tracy, Fiz, Michelle, Faye, Anna, Katie, the other Armstrong, Gary, Marcus, Todd, Liz, Sean........

No they have to take the only really hot guy that can act and leave us with the dross. Bah humbug!!
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    I agree and he is the only attractive bloke on the street - what are they thinking!! It took me a while to warm to Rob but he is fantastic with Tracy (and Deirdre!) I like his cheeky chappy vibe, and he is great with Carla - honestly its like at the moment the producers don't have a clue what the general public want! Getting rid of a good character with potential....and giving a huge storyline to one of the worst child actors I have ever seen on screen, its crazy! :confused:
    I agree on all points.
    I too had just got used to Rob and I am really surprised that because Miss Tango wants out that such a good character has to be the one to go too.
    Come on Corrie writers..... write the storyline so that we get Rob back in a few months!
    It can be done........ you lot have the power in your hands.
    Forum Member
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    I agree on all points.
    I too had just got used to Rob and I am really surprised that because Miss Tango wants out that such a good character has to be the one to go too.
    Come on Corrie writers..... write the storyline so that we get Rob back in a few months!
    It can be done........ you lot have the power in your hands.

It wasn't Michelle's fault that Blackburned went back on his word and killed her off, he should have just left her in London!
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    It wasn't Michelle's fault that Blackburned went back on his word and killed her off, he should have just left her in London!

Yeah - that would really have boosted the ratings wouldn't it? :D:p:p
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Yeah - that would really have boosted the ratings wouldn't it? :D:p:p

Exactly, Tina's death was purely done for ratings, just like Hayley's ;-):p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have warned to Rob and this departure feels so wrong, but indeed inevitable. There are hardly any leading men on the show now once him and Peter leave.
    No wonder why SB is casting more males
    Forum Member
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    I have warned to Rob and this departure feels so wrong, but indeed inevitable. There are hardly any leading men on the show now once him and Peter leave.
    No wonder why SB is casting more males
    I bet the casting process involves Stuart and Anthony Cotton in a room asking young males too get their tops off.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    He's one of the only people I like watching each episode. Instead I will have all the people I don't like watching like the Windass's and Kal. Why does Rob have to go?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    sorrento wrote: »
    Rob and Tracy make a great couple they bring out the best in one another ..the best pairing in CS for along time....Why why ruin it !!!!!!

I agree.
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's such a shame as I am starting to really like Rob as well it's just typical of soap writers to start giving characters a bit of depth as soon as everyone knows there leaving, agree with a lot of posts above as well in terms of there being no solid couples partnerships in CS
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I like Rob and Tracy and I love how Rob's won Deirdre over. I'd have liked to have seen the interaction between all of them when Ken comes back.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I like Rob and Tracy and I love how Rob's won Deirdre over. I'd have liked to have seen the interaction between all of them when Ken comes back.
    We should have a few months of that. Rob's not leaving until the end of the year and Ken should be back on screen in August. :)
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind...we still have Sean..Jason..Kal..Chesney..Kirk what more could we women want?... surely one of them should win Sexiest Male of the year for Corrie

and Yes I am joking..............................Just what is the Mad Hatter thinking?????
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was only when he became a killer that I started to like him TBH but I will miss him! His acting was really good during the Tina death week as well!