Options

Most irritating women's voices on TV & radio

Comments

• Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A voice over woman on one of those BBC morning shows that was on a while ago.

Sorry can't remember the name of either the show or the woman, but the show was about tidying up your home and having an open day to try and sell it. And the woman always sounded so sarcastic and like she felt she was better than everyone else.
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Jane Horrocks.

I can't even begin to explain it, but her voice makes me think of stinking cow dung.

ooooo I just came to post her!

Jane 'I'm only 8 years old exaggerated Lancs accent' Horrocks - GROW UP you developmentally challenged weirdo - you're 40+ years old not a pre-teen, have a little respect for yourself and woman kind FFS try 'feminisim' even.

Add Mrs Merton and the Royal Family woman for aping child speak. And that annoying one off the Vicar of Dibley trying to do 'Bubbles' off Ab Fab. It's been DONE -it was good in Ab Fab- but it isn't actually funny for grown women to talk like toddlers, it's scarily demented IMO.

I'll second Lawrie Turner too.
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    And Sue 'erm.... you're not funny, did anyone tell you?' Perkins whilst I'm on a roll.
  • Options
    tv.marktv.mark Posts: 1,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randy wrote: »
    I totally agree.. that Lisa McAllister makes me cringe..:mad:

They should send her to work in Northern Ireland where she won`t sound so annoying.

No thanks, it's just as annoying to my Northern Irish ears. I've heard her reading the news on Radio 5 Live. Between her nasal grating and Dotun Adebayo's bumbling and mumbling it was an excellent cross-promotional way to get people tuned to the World Service on Radio 4.

Most annoying voice though - that voice-over woman on MasterChef, when everything is read in the style of Michael Buerk on 999 just before the disaster happens.
  • Options
    LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa Burke from Sky Weather.
    Jo Whiley
    Fearne Cotton
    Cilla Black
  • Options
    martinamerlotmartinamerlot Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of Northern Ireland-Sonia Mac. That woman has one of the worst voices I have ever heard. I've no idea what mix of accents she supposedly has, but they sound like they've been mixed in a blender. Why she has a radio career astounds me (albeit on a crappy Northern Irish station). :mad:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most annoying voice though - that voice-over woman on MasterChef, when everything is read in the style of Michael Buerk on 999 just before the disaster happens.[/QUOTE]

100% TOTALLY AGREE :mad:, so much so that i registered on this site just to mention her
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richyrich1 wrote: »
    Most annoying voice though - that voice-over woman on MasterChef, when everything is read in the style of Michael Buerk on 999 just before the disaster happens.

India Fisher sounds so up herself its a wonder she can breathe
  • Options
    villarockovillarocko Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Can I just add my vote for VIRGINIA WADE? Awful whiney screech. Mind you, Navratilova is equally bad, but I haven't heard her this year.
    Why do the Beeb continue to employ broadcasters on the basis of their sporting achievements & not their ability to do the job?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Jo Wiley - strangely enough my colleague and I are sat in an office together and were just discussing how false she comes across whenever anyone plays the Live Lounge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara Cox - How this woman is on radio is beyond me
    Edith Bowman - Her voice isn't annoying just the inane chatter especially during the Glastonbury coverage when she would spend ages describing how good a performance was when said artist had just been shown on the TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for Jo Wiley - strangely enough my colleague and I are sat in an office together and were just discussing how false she comes across whenever anyone plays the Live Lounge.

I don't mind her radio style just don't like the relentless enthuiasm for everything. She seems to like artists because she has been told to like them.
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnneWidescome - Like a fork down a blackboard
    Anne Diamond - Similar and cant believe she got a cheapo voice over for a radio ad
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The predictable names spring to mind -

Jane Horrocks and Jane McDonald - professional Northerners overexaggerating their accents.

Sara Cox - gobby mare who still thinks it's the 1990s when she was vaguely popular. :rolleyes:

Lowri Turner - for some reason her lisp never seemed to be quite so prominent a few years ago.

Virginia Wade - her strangulated vowels are enough to send anybody hitting the mute button.

'Cockney Sparrer' Fearne Cotton. :sleep:

Lauren Laverne - one of those "I'm so edgy and cool" types. Er, no you're not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

coz her old man is a record executive
  • Options
    lucky74lucky74 Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody has mentioned Janet Street-Porter? Surely the worst voice to ever exist?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    The ITV1 continuity announcer women (Sounds really chavvy when she says Gee Em Tee Vay).

The Sky1 continuity announcer women (Why does she have to shout).
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine friggin Kelly. :rolleyes:

Carol Vorderman and her blasted guffaw.

Christine Bleakley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ITV1 continuity announcer women (Sounds really chavvy when she says Gee Em Tee Vay).

The Sky1 continuity announcer women (Why does she have to shout).

ITV Voice-over could be Angela Johnson

Sky 1 might be Clair Sturgess
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why's no one mentioned Jennie Bond?

That voice over woman from TMF with the Liverpool accent annoys me too.

And the dreaded Spicer, but that was a given.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    India Fisher sounds so up herself its a wonder she can breathe

Breathy mare, no way she talks like that in real life, I'm 1/2 expecting her to say "poaching the monkfish in some white wine, .... mmm, ooooh, yes, I'm wearing a pink plunge bra & tiny thong......eating a banana..."
    I'm chucking Claire, gobstopper plummy voice, insulting, I can get away with anything, Balding, into the mix, (with assistance, shes a hefty unit.) Condescending toff wannabe.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randy wrote: »
    I said Reporters... not Presenters...:rolleyes:
    The sites I linked to listed both. No overwhelming foreign bias I could see. Nor have I noticed that whenever I've been in the North West.
  • Options
    werdna67werdna67 Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Good to see Lorne Spicer getting mentioned again. For such a small-time celebrity she doesn't half get some coverage on these forums. She is awful but strangely I find myself watching her programmes.

Talk of North West tv presenters, how awful is Eno the weather 'presenter' on North West Tonight? I've heard her onn BBC Radio Merseyside too. I find myself counting how many mistakes she makes per weather report, she seems to want to say the weather report as quickly as possible & just stumbles over words, mispronouncing all kinds, truly awful!
  • Options
    RandyRandy Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely... :cool:

I have to listen to her every mornin, then the Creep Edith Bowman.. It just ruins my day :mad:
  • Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched Celebrity Masterchef, Jayne Middlemiss

"Does anywern knerrr herrr this overrrrn werks?"

And those teeth? She looks like she's wearing someone else's dentures!