Options

EastEnders on the up, Corrie falling downhill?

RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Been watching EE and Corrie recently and EE has been far better imo.

This is a big surprise as EE was dreadful until Michael's murder.

Corrie has been crap lately imo, I hate this Grace and Faye story.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm delighted to have EE back after so many false dawns. I hope it continues. At the moment, I think it is doing well because all the fat has been trimmed away and only scenes relating to the storylines are being shown.

I think the Faye story is very good, but it's come out of nowhere. The build-up's been all wrong. I did wonder (has anyone else suggested this?) if Peter was originally meant to have the affair with Michelle, and that this has been altered. It would explain the tone of some of those factory scenes between them. Plus there's her being Carla's friend, her rows with Steve. With her now acting as one of Amy's parents, it's not implausible that Peter would leave Simon with her.

Corrie is still good, but all these issue-led storylines are affecting the momentum of the show. Some of the scenes are getting very repetitive. I do like that the bullying issue is being explored, it's just that it hasn't been paced that well - although that may be due to the way that Ken's absence affected the Rob/Peter showdown summer.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find the FVaye bullying story quite harrowing so i have been gripped

EE is getting better but there was still work to be done.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE is getting better I agree but the die hard Corrie fans will disagree of course.

The problem with Corrie is that Blackburn has not swung the axe at characters that need to go.
  • Options
    Marie_EbbMarie_Ebb Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    So to does the producer of EastEnders, preferably in the direction of Alfie
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's certainly looking that way. All eastenders had to do this year to be good again was actually put a bit of effort into the show and stop the filler shite. Newmans idea for the show was completely wrong and it was just boring. Blackburn however is destroying corrie - at the start of this year it was on fire but watching it now just makes me angry :o once the Hayley storylines over (which has been hit and miss - mostly hit though) I think the show is really going to struggle.

Has there ever been a time when all four soaps where good at the same time :eek:
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree - Thought Corrie was ace last night! The bullying storyline is knocking it outta the park for me!
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised at the comments on the bullying storyline. It's done okay I suppose maybe, but this sort of storyline would fit better on kids telly IMO.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie is "streets" ahead of EE
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People want to hate EE even if they don't watch it.
  • Options
    JoshuaRyJoshuaRy Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Not these sorts of threads again! Why can't both soaps be on top form at the same time? Corrie's been brilliant for a good while now... and after an awful year for EE, I'm glad to see it rising in quality AND in the ratings, very excited for Christmas.

However last nights double eps of Corrie were brilliant, the Faye storyline has been quite good IMO and I don't even like her that much! Tina and Peter are making for interesting viewing also, I see chemistry there.

Christmas is going to see Julie/Brian's storyline come to a head (one I'm quite interested in), Peter/Tina and of course Hayley's final days... its going to be a good one. I can't see the quality going down anytime soon.

As for EE, as I said I'm quite excited for Christmas and intrigued by Janine's exit and the Carter's arrival!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    I think they are both doing well. This is good, means the viewer wins!
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    People want to hate EE even if they don't watch it.

Eastenders has deserved all the criticism it has got the last few years
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    When has Corrie been good since Tricky Dicky or Mad Maya
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    It's probably because during the Kirkwood/Newman period, EastEnders audience went down so corrie producers became lazy thinking that EastEnders wasn't a threat
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like Alfie in bed with Kat, a bit premature
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE was on the up - until the last 15 minutes of tonight's episode.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It always the way though. One soap gets good again and the other gets boring. Why can't all soaps be good at once? It's annoying!
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't be more wrong, EE is back on a slippery slope again.
  • Options
    Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie is too reliant on serial killers and explosions
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL sounds to me like the OP spoke too soon. :D

Lots of threads tonight that EE had the most ridiculous episode ever in Soap history ...

Long Live Corrie !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hate the my soap is better than yours shite that inevitably.pops up. Pathetic. I watch both corrie and ee and enjoy them both
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lots of threads tonight that EE had the most ridiculous episode ever in Soap history ...

Long Live Corrie !!

whilst being far fetched it was not even close to being the most ridiculous episode in soap history.

it was entertaining and Twitter is buzzing with positive comments. some people are very pleased with the outcome
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Long Live Corrie !!

To be fair the DS forums where really the only place where people are being negative about the episode Twitter and all has been abuzz with people who have really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair the DS forums where really the only place where people are being negative about the episode Twitter and all has been abuzz with people who have really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the church scenes but hated airportgate
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Hate the my soap is better than yours shite that inevitably.pops up. Pathetic. I watch both corrie and ee and enjoy them both

I agree. I like all three Emmerdale, Eastenders and Coronation Street. I think all of them are doing well at the moment:)