Options

ED: Paddy & Marlon - Pignappers

SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I generally find the 'comedy adventures' of these two clowns about as funny as piles but tonight's caper was even worse than usual. The abattoir-ess should've let the pigs go in exchange for keeping Paddy and Marlon to slaughter in their place. Then we could've be done with this silly storyline and it would've had a nice happy ending too. :)

Comments

• Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect the reason for it was to counter what was happening with Val and Eric - they often do that, ie when a serious sl is playing out, they put a comedy scene in the programme too.
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this comedy gem!!!
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And people wonder why ED never win awards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like ED but the whole story is pathetic
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    title of thread should read - Paddy and Marlon - butt pluggers lol
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    I suspect the reason for it was to counter what was happening with Val and Eric - they often do that, ie when a serious sl is playing out, they put a comedy scene in the programme too.

I thought that both storylines were supposed to be comedy :confused:
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This one is a poor story but everything else is good. THey all do poor comedy from time to time - look af Eileen getting her head stuck in the factory railings in CS, any comedy story involving Mary, Dev or Steve in CS or Billy, Fatboy or Denise's sister in EE (from what I remember). ED misfire when they build comedy stories around Paddy and Marlon imo, but there!s probably lots if viewers enjoying it too - humours so subjective. Personally i prefer the more sarcastic hunour of Nicola, Cain and Charity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And people wonder why ED never win awards.

It does win the occasional award. You.e right I do wonder why it doesn't win more when it's generally very entertaining and good quality. One poor, minor comedy story is not a reason to write it off. THey all do dud stories.
  • Options
    wwinterjwwinterj Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it funny to be honest.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Emmerdale but Marlon & Paddy attempting comedy, well it was just embarrassing. Totally dreadful. It was so childish.
    Whenever I see these two together, it's time to make a cuppa in our house.
    Who ever writes this drivel?
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just silly and not remotely funny.....also Val and Eric bordering on boring...why do they drag these stories on for so long they lose the initial impact..
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    It was ridiculous, but I enjoyed it :D
  • Options
    Marie_EbbMarie_Ebb Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I would rather Gonzo and Druggie were at the abattoir.

At least Emmerdale always show lighthearted scenes rather than filling the whole show with depression. Its the only siao that bothers these days. Corrie has turned into a northern Eastenders. Misery everywhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marie is right - Marvin and Paddy missed a real trick here.

They should have switched the piglets at the abattoir with those two cackling sows they're shacked up with, Moaner and Lauren.

Fair exchange is no theft.

They'd have much happier lives married to the piglets too, as opposed to being saddled with those two nagging witches.

That doesn't negate the fact that both Marlon and Paddy deserve jolly good hidings as well mind, they clearly do - but I'd be prepared to deal with that as a separate issue, as I like folk who are kind to animals.

Perhaps just break one of their legs as opposed to both, or something like that?
    Just put the pair of blerts in hospital for three months instead of six say, you get my drift?
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie is right - Marvin and Paddy missed a real trick here.

They should have switched the piglets at the abattoir with those two cackling sows they're shacked up with, Moaner and Lauren.

Fair exchange is no theft.

They'd have much happier lives married to the piglets too, as opposed to being saddled with those two nagging witches.

That doesn't negate the fact that both Marlon and Paddy deserve jolly good hidings as well mind, they clearly do - but I'd be prepared to deal with that as a separate issue, as I like folk who are kind to animals.

Perhaps just break one of their legs as opposed to both, or something like that?
    Just put the pair of blerts in hospital for three months instead of six say, you get my drift?

You bleeding-heart liberals get right on my t*ts. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    You bleeding-heart liberals get right on my t*ts. >:(

Compassion is one of my greatest attributes OJ, although some may see it as an obvious weakness mate.

I'm too soft, that's always been my trouble sadly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compassion is one of my greatest attributes OJ, although some may see it as an obvious weakness mate.

I'm too soft, that's always been my trouble sadly.

It's the slippery slope Q.:( Next you'll be suggesting that evil little reprobate Belle cold-bloodedly and with malice aforethought murdered that poor pensioner Gemma 'by accident' and then where will we all be? In a state of lawless anarchy, that's where. :o
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Loved this comedy gem!!!
    So did I!
    Great when Paddy said "we're going in!"
    They are a really daft pair, but I just so wanted them to be able to keep the pigs..... Kevin Bacon, Pjork and i forget the other one's name.
    Come on people, what is wrong with a bit of lightheartedness.
    I am sick of Debbie and her love life...... little tart!
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    sorrento wrote: »
    Just silly and not remotely funny.....also Val and Eric bordering on boring...why do they drag these stories on for so long they lose the initial impact..
    The Val storyline tedious...... after all, she was the one who has unprotected sex!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    The Val storyline tedious...... after all, she was the one who has unprotected sex!

They're hardly dragging the Val storyline out - it will take a long time for her and her loved ones to come to terms with the diagnosis regardless of whose 'fault' it was'l
    HumourS subjective- i for one like a lot of the humour in Emmerdale but not Paddy, Markon orKerry
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the slippery slope Q.:( Next you'll be suggesting that evil little reprobate Belle cold-bloodedly and with malice aforethought murdered that poor pensioner Gemma 'by accident' and then where will we all be? In a state of lawless anarchy, that's where. :o

Oh no, no, no, noooo, even somebody as placid as me simply has to draw the line there I'm afraid OJ.

Belle's a cold, calculating murderer, it's death row and the chair for her I'm afraid.
    The same goes for her shrieking hag of a mother, she's in it up to her neck as well.

Callously ending the life of a young girl in her forties like that is completely inexcusable, even for a soft-hearted, liberal chap like me.

I'd advocate bringing back hanging for Lisa's part in it if I'm honest.
    I let Timothy Spall play the part of that Albert chap again too, you know, that weird-looking bugger that used to hang all of our wrong 'uns.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So did I!
    Great when Paddy said "we're going in!"
    They are a really daft pair, but I just so wanted them to be able to keep the pigs..... Kevin Bacon, Pjork and i forget the other one's name.
    Come on people, what is wrong with a bit of lightheartedness.
    I am sick of Debbie and her love life...... little tart!
    I have no problem with a bit of lighthearted humour, who wants to watch doom and gloom all the time? Life is depressing enough as it it. But I simply do not find Paddy and Marlon funny. I'd rank their level on humour on a par with the Chuckle Brothers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tedious? She was only diagnosed a few weeks ago and Eric only found out a week or so ago. How quickly do you think a totally life-changing event like that should be wrapped up and forgotten about onscreen?

I personally also don't see how Val's mistake and 'tedious' fit together in the same sentence. Would it be less tedious if she'd become infected through, for example, a blood transfusion? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    I have no problem with a bit of lighthearted humour, who wants to watch doom and gloom all the time? Life is depressing enough as it it. But I simply do not find Paddy and Marlon funny. I'd rank their level on humour on a par with the Chuckle Brothers.

:o Hang on just a doggone minute there pal. I'm certainly no fan of the Chuckle Brothers, (as the Judge who issued that Restraining Order against me will confirm), but there's no need to insult them like that. >:(

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tedious? She was only diagnosed a few weeks ago and Eric only found out a week or so ago. How quickly do you think a totally life-changing event like that should be wrapped up and forgotten about onscreen?

I personally also don't see how Val's mistake and 'tedious' fit together in the same sentence. Would it be less tedious if she'd become infected through, for example, a blood transfusion? :confused:

That Ian chap who gave Val the Aids popped up in DCI Banks this week.
    He was pretending to be a dodgy sort in charge of an armed response unit this time.

Lordy bloody lord, he didn't even mention to the young female he was drilling that he had the Aids either, didn't mention Val, ask how she was or anything.
    Honestly, I despair at what this once great country of ours is becoming, the shameless sod was ambling around without a care in the world, trying to frame Rosebud out of the Bill.