Was last night the first triple firing?

essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
Forum Member
Can't remember,wish LS hadn't fired Sarah though

Comments

• BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, at least outside of the interviews.
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the UK, yes. In the US, Donald Trump once fired 4 people at the same time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2u8OVK4qD4
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    The first outside of the interviews, and the first occasion on the adult series that more than two people have been fired after a task (there was a quadruple firing on Young Apprentice once.)
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The quadruple firing on Young Apprentice was to whittle down to 2 finalists, rather than all four being dire - there was no interview episode for YA.
    Actually the YAs generally gave a better account for themselves than the grownups!:D
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    The quadruple firing on Young Apprentice was to whittle down to 2 finalists, rather than all four being dire - there was no interview episode for YA.
    Actually the YAs generally gave a better account for themselves than the grownups!:D

Of course they did... that's one of the main reasons I preferred it to the adult show.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course they did... that's one of the main reasons I preferred it to the adult show.

I agree that the YA contestants came across as more competent than the contestants on the adult version at times but I'd argue that that's partly down to the edit and tone of the show. YA mostly seemed to want to show the candidates in a good light and was more about the triumph of these young people, whereas the adult version nowadays seems to be mostly centred around watching people mess up in tasks where they're destined to fail.
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I agree that the YA contestants came across as more competent than the contestants on the adult version at times but I'd argue that that's partly down to the edit and tone of the show. YA mostly seemed to want to show the candidates in a good light and was more about the triumph of these young people, whereas the adult version nowadays seems to be mostly centred around watching people mess up in tasks where they're destined to fail.

Well I know that, but it doesn't make that much difference. I prefer to see people being pretty competent. There were some adult series that focussed on that a little more, such as Series 1, 5, 7 and 8. I think this series might as well in a couple of episodes' time, as there are a few candidates who seem quite bright and may shine when some of the deadwood is gone.