Options

TomTom One

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just wondering... is there anyway of telling when the tom tom one xl is charged up? I've read the instructions (which not overly impressed with - realise theoretically a monkey can do it but I like things to be clear and precise and after reading those wasn't sure if charge first, if hook up to pc first, if stand outside and 'find' my position first argh)

anyway - have plugged into pc to charge it up - and the little 'charge' light is on green constant - do i assume it turns off when charged? It's been about three hours now and light is still on :confused:
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The green light stays on as long as it is connected to an external charging source. If you tap the lower right part of the screen, you should see another status summary screen displayed which shows a battery symbol to indicate how fully-charged it is.
  • Options
    Hopeless_SavageHopeless_Savage Posts: 2,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alone wrote: »
    just wondering... is there anyway of telling when the tom tom one xl is charged up? I've read the instructions (which not overly impressed with - realise theoretically a monkey can do it but I like things to be clear and precise and after reading those wasn't sure if charge first, if hook up to pc first, if stand outside and 'find' my position first argh)

anyway - have plugged into pc to charge it up - and the little 'charge' light is on green constant - do i assume it turns off when charged? It's been about three hours now and light is still on :confused:

It comes fully charged. Plug and Play. At least my sister's 3rd Edition did. I assume most Tom Toms do.
  • Options
    capt hangovercapt hangover Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't tell you when it's fully charged.

That's the only issue I have with the Tomtom devices.

The green light stays on and the display always states 'charging' and never 'fully charged'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't tell you when it's fully charged.

That's the only issue I have with the Tomtom devices.

The green light stays on and the display always states 'charging' and never 'fully charged'.
    You have to llok at the battery icon too see if it is fully green (fully charged), partially green (partially charged) or partially amber (low charge). When the battery is really low you get the low battery icon on the map screen as well.
  • Options
    capt hangovercapt hangover Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but...

It will never actually tell you it's fully charged.

The battery icon may show as full but it'll still tell you it's charging.
  • Options
    Hopeless_SavageHopeless_Savage Posts: 2,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a bit fiddly finding the battery icon when you want it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the replies :D

was a bit annoyed as worked fine for the first day or two, first time I try and actually go anywhere with it as it were it froze after turning it on! ended up having rto re-set it and wait a while (re-set it first and it froze again so tried a second time)

seems looking at tom tom forums that its a bit of an 'accepted' glitch and that soft re-setting every so often is ok to resolve?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but...

It will never actually tell you it's fully charged.

The battery icon may show as full but it'll still tell you it's charging.
    I guess that it's a sort of trickle-charge at that point, like a mobile phone perhaps?