The Woman Who Lost Her Face

spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I would be interested to know if Charla has seen the woman who owned the chimpanzee since the 'accident'; the reason I put the word accident in inverted commas is because chimpanzees are not domestic animals, & keeping one as a pet is highly likely to end in some sort of tragedy/disaster. There need to be laws against keeping such animals as pets, because some people are just too damn stupid for words. I'd be interested to know if the woman apologised.

Comments

• rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did this women suffer voice box damage as well??,, Her speech seemed quite affected?
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    So it was not the owner who got attacked then ? I missed the first bit.

No animal should be treated like a human. It will end in tears.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    Did this women suffer voice box damage as well??,, Her speech seemed quite affected?

I don't know, but she certainly lost her mouth, possibly her tongue?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    So it was not the owner who got attacked then ? I missed the first bit.

No animal should be treated like a human. It will end in tears.

The woman who was attacked was the friend/employee of the chimpanzee owner, the owner lost control of the animal & got Charla to help.
    Forum Member
    So sad that the chimp was shot 4 times yet managed to get back to his cage to die :(
    Forum Member
    The woman who was attacked was the friend/employee of the chimpanzee owner, the owner lost control of the animal & got Charla to help.

Thank you.

The poor woman :( What a fighter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    So sad that the chimp was shot 4 times yet managed to get back to his cage to die :(

I know, poor thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Whenever I feel down I like to think about that woman who had her face ripped off by a chimpanzee.....
    Forum Member
    plymgary wrote: »
    Whenever I feel down I like to think about that woman who had her face ripped off by a chimpanzee.....

Josie Whatsit from BB .. Now I know what she was on about.
  • cas116cas116 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought this was a really interesting programme. Charla seemed to cope with what had happened to her very well. I'm sure there were lots of dark times we didn't see but she came across as dealing with it very well. Her daughter was great too, very stoic.

Such a shame the hand-transplant didn't work, but the face transplant was amazing. I still find it staggering that it's even possible to do it. Even though Charla won't be able to see the results i'm sure that psychologically it will mean a lot to her just knowing that others will now see a face and not the scar tissue she was left with after the attack.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be interested to know if Charla has seen the woman who owned the chimpanzee since the 'accident'; the reason I put the word accident in inverted commas is because chimpanzees are not domestic animals, & keeping one as a pet is highly likely to end in some sort of tragedy/disaster. There need to be laws against keeping such animals as pets, because some people are just too damn stupid for words. I'd be interested to know if the woman apologised.

The owner of the chimp died in 2010.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The owner of the chimp died in 2010.

That's very interesting indeed, I wonder if guilt was a contributing factor.....