Alison King taking a break from corrie

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    Got worried there! :o As others said seems like just a natural break, thankfully. Please don't ever leave Alison.

Think its just a short break. If it was longer I'm sure digital spy would have confirmed it. She better be going no where soon they need Alison King to stay put for as long as they possibly can, she would be a massive loss if she left completely
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    But it says 'a younger man' - we all know Nick is at least 64. :D:D:p

:D

It'll probably be Steph's brother. Or Gary.
  • Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's just come back from two weeks in Ibiza according to twitter, so I reckon she's just referring to that. Maybe she's off for another week or so afterwards as well. To be honest she absoutely deserves it after the crazy hours she must have been working recently.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You would think she would steer clear of men altogether,” says Alison. “But we have filmed scenes where she turns cougar and sets her sights on one of the younger men.”

Wonder who this is? :o Not Luke, surely? :o:o:kitty:

Chesney :D
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Corrie will suffer without her theres no doubt.Other characters need to be built up in preparation for a time possibly when Alison leaves for good.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    Nick?

Also I think it's just a natural break as she's been non-stop for months. She probably had similar time off after the Tony Gordon siege / Frank Foster eps calmed down too
    But it says 'a younger man' - we all know Nick is at least 64. :D:D:p

:)

Thinking of Nick, this was interesting http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a191333/corries-nick-expects-carla-storyline.html#~oHc01W8ffJTD8U
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Adam returns with Ken - so maybe Adam?

"You would think she would steer clear of men altogether,” says Alison. “But we have filmed scenes where she turns cougar and sets her sights on one of the younger men.”
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Yes but that's from 2009! :D He was right of course, in that he ended up co-owning the factory with Carla for a while. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but that's from 2009! :D He was right of course, in that he ended up co-owning the factory with Carla for a while. :)

Yes, and I think they could have been interesting together,:)
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Carla would go for Kal but I,m not sure if he is much younger than her.
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo

Tina has left.
    Peter is leaving for an undisclosed amount of time.
    Fiz is presumably going on maternity leave.
    Kylie is presumably going on maternity leave.
    Carla is taking a break.

Whether you like or hate these characters, they are all big characters. And they're all going.

They need to bring back King Patrick, James Phelan. Here is a character who will carry the entire show with his little finger, a character of which we can all marvel at and enjoy.

SB- Bring this man back!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree we need Phelan back I think its madness that he is not still in the show, he should have bought Owens yard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wonder who this is? :o Not Luke, surely? :o:o:kitty:

yes it is Luke!
    but he's gets with Katy too!
  • s.mouses.mouse Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    It will likely be a break like Samia Ghadie had/is having at the end of her storyline. Just a small break for the character to recharge. The only actress/character that doesn't do this is Anna Windass who has appeared at least once every week this year I think.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She deserves a break
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Simon will charm Carla and hes the young one Alison King is talking about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s.mouse wrote: »
    It will likely be a break like Samia Ghadie had/is having at the end of her storyline. Just a small break for the character to recharge. The only actress/character that doesn't do this is Anna Windass who has appeared at least once every week this year I think.

I don't remember when Jane Danson last had a break.

Maybe Simon will charm Carla and hes the young one Alison King is talking about.
    :o:)
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Eastenders team can rejoice.
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a shame because she has been great in this storyline
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    Its a shame because she has been great in this storyline

She's great in all storylines.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cybersq wrote: »
    yes it is Luke!
    but he's gets with Katy too!

Yeah, I'm thinking he cheats on Katy with Carla, hence Katy's exit sl. :o
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon its Simon she is going to take to task. Take his mind off sticking stars onto a card. THAT would be a storyline:o

I think it has to be Steph's brother, cant even remember his name. There arent many others:
    David - is loved up with Kylie
    Nick - is older than she is or looks it and anyway he has a BRAIN INJURY in case you didnt know
    Tyrone - old comb over is far too doltish and thick and uncool for the Black Widow with the Film Star Looks
    Kirkah - absolutely NOT
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she turns Todd straight. This is Corrie after all..:D
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    I think Carla would go for Kal but I,m not sure if he is much younger than her.

I highly doubt it, it be a bit unrealistic to steal another one of Leanne's partner's and I do think they have got other stories planned for Leanne and Kal.

I personally think it is a good thing as I'm getting sick to death of the Peter/Carla/Tina storyline. But I don't want to see Alison King away for to long.
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    Carla and David Platt. Mark my words.