100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Popular guess on CDAN was Atreyu. But i don't think he fits. The bad special effects is the clue...
    He made films in 2012 and 2013, so I don't think it would be him.

I was thinking movies ET, The Goonies, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, but none seem to fit. It could all hinge on whether he was a "tween actor" in his beloved film, or whether he was an adult when he made it. It would change the range of films to look at.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    FilliA wrote: »
    Think I might have solved it,never heard of him though. American comedian first name same as comedian Gorman second name small church.said in his IMDb he walked away from everything and no one knew why.

ETA I got all excited and forgot about the special effects clue. Probably wrong then.

Yes you're right, he converted to Islam in 1998. The film he had the lead role in was called 'Half Baked' which I have never heard of, so not sure how bad the special effect were!
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was also in the Nutty Professor...
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Yes you're right, he converted to Islam in 1998. The film he had the lead role in was called 'Half Baked' which I have never heard of, so not sure how bad the special effect were!
    That seems a good shout. It does say in the BI that he converted following his last film which doesn't fit in this case, but CDAN do sometimes change dates for legal reasons.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    Guys try googling tapestry...it's not that easy :p

I won't but i'm guessing you get needlepoint and rugs and stuff.
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    Are either 'I see dead people' or 'Home Alone' married?

Dead people is currently working on a movie with (I think) Johnny Depp.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Home Alone is divorced, although dating a soap actress.
    Forum Member
    From Pop Bitch:

#1: Which Irish singer had an unusual love trifecta with her manager and his wife... an "arrangement" which lasted for more than eight years.

From New York Post:

#2: Which star left her dog behind after a recent glitzy bash? The poor pup had to go home with the catering staff until she collected him the next day.
  • Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Pop Bitch:

From New York Post:

#2: Which star left her dog behind after a recent glitzy bash? The poor pup had to go home with the catering staff until she collected him the next day.

Capital of France - she's been on the news because of her new super expensive (super cute) pup.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Pop Bitch:

#1: Which Irish singer had an unusual love trifecta with her manager and his wife... an "arrangement" which lasted for more than eight years.

Nothing Compares 2 U?
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing Compares 2 U?

Nope.

Think further up the Orinoco.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Nope.

Must've been a Watermark decision?
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Nope.

Sail away, sail away, sail away?
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was also in the Nutty Professor...

The one who played the annoying comedian on stage who takes the mick out of the professor's size but later on when the professor takes his magic slimming potion the professor gets his own back on him?
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one who played the annoying comedian on stage who takes the mick out of the professor's size but later on when the professor takes his magic slimming potion the professor gets his own back on him?

Yep.that is the actor but I don't know if he is the one...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atreyu seems unlikely given he's still working as an actor and in 2009 he and his wife owned a Tattoo parlour called Wild Child
    Forum Member
    From Crazy Days & Nights:

Kindness Blind

This B list mostly movie actress who was A list when she was in that franchise has slowly dropped since she chose to walk away from it. She thought she could make it big without it. She was wrong. Anyway, she is promoting a new movie and was already running late for a television interview but stopped to chat with a mentally challenged teen in a wheelchair who was with his mom. He had a poster from her franchise and she signed it and then patiently talked to him for almost 10 minutes before finally heading to her television appearance.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I think that blind has transformed my view of a certain foxy actress!
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    ^ I think that blind has transformed my view of a certain foxy actress!

This was my 1st thought too. But no. She didn't walk away from her franchise.

She compared her director to Hitler and got the axe by Jaws/E.T. director.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was my 1st thought too. But no. She didn't walk away from her franchise.

She compared her director to Hitler and got the axe by Jaws/E.T. director.

That could seen as her trying to get fired and walking away. You don't say stuff like than unless you want out.
    Forum Member
    That could seen as her trying to get fired and walking away. You don't say stuff like than unless you want out.

No. Don't agree, sorry. My guess is Kiki.
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't think who the tweener is. The comedian doesn't fit at all.

What film - one of the most popular of all time - has terrible special effects?
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys try googling tapestry...it's not that easy :p

Hopefully you caught on to the clue I gave or what wrote would look weird, although reading back I did mistype part of it :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't think who the tweener is. The comedian doesn't fit at all.

What film - one of the most popular of all time - has terrible special effects?

sharkanado?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    >> Big Questions <<
    What people are asking this week
    Which highly irritating Brit celeb has a pretty modern approach to healthcare? For months she'll cane the drugs (coke and adderall) to keep her weight down, then schedule some Harley St time to keep the addiction under control.

Bit late to the party, but was wondering about the divorced one?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2718007/Fancy-seeing-Fearne-Cotton-steps-red-tunic-bumping-Denise-Van-Outen-thigh-skimming-print-dress.html#comments
This discussion has been closed.