Options

CS: Tracy & Amy

Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why has Tracy suddenly abandoned her daughter? Despite being a nasty piece of work, she always seemed to really love Amy, even over the likes of Charlie Stubbs. The Rob/Tracy relationship is just awful :(

Comments

• Options
    Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suddenly?! The lovely Tracey has been doing that for years!
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably because she has a boyfriend now. She didn't before so she saw more of Amy then.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't she only obsessed with Amy because it was the one hold she had over Steve?
  • Options
    worrierprincessworrierprincess Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    On this topic I find it stupid that she has mocked Karen, Becky and Carla for not being able to have/not wanting children when she couldn't care less about her own daughter and never seems to spend any time with her.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    On this topic I find it stupid that she has mocked Karen, Becky and Carla for not being able to have/not wanting children when she couldn't care less about her own daughter and never seems to spend any time with her.

But that just sums her up she's like a bold child who will happily brag about a toy they don't even play with just to taunt them
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has Tracy suddenly abandoned her daughter? Despite being a nasty piece of work, she always seemed to really love Amy, even over the likes of Charlie Stubbs. The Rob/Tracy relationship is just awful :(

When was that? I must have missed that episode :confused:
  • Options
    NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She used to seem to genuinely care about Amy. Perhaps the writers have forgotten this
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Think she will be back living with Steve in the Pub in the near future
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    She used to seem to genuinely care about Amy. Perhaps the writers have forgotten this

Even when the writers were trying to portray Tracy as a really loving mother i never really believed it though. I dont know if there was an element of bad acting though.
  • Options
    boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy always gets dumped when Tracy's in a relationship.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suddenly? A while back she went to both Deirdre and Steve separately asking if they can have Amy, so she won't have to take care of her so Amy would just go back and forward between them both. She only "loves" Amy when there is something in it for her. Didn't she also use Amy as an excuse when killing Charlie Stubbs? Didn't mind beating his head in when her daughter was just upstairs.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even when the writers were trying to portray Tracy as a really loving mother i never really believed it though. I dont know if there was an element of bad acting though.

It's a tricky balancing act. They constantly portray her as an OTT sociopath which makes it hard for her to convince in the loving mother role (and there's no explanation from the writers why her sociopathic tendencies don't extend to her relationship with her daughter......you would expect her to have a terrible relationship with Amy and to be bullying her)