What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you? (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
Continuation of: What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you?
lah1 wrote: »
I have to thank YOU for sharing your experience and thank you so much for your kind reply.

Lynne x

ps. I am trying my best to remember facts correctly as so much more has come back to me. It is like opening a library and wanting to read all the books there. In future, I am not going to number them as it's all so long ago, though I can remember things that happened relating to music so sounds are my guide.

Comments

• LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo! A shiny new thread!

Keep the stories coming guys, I like scaring myself silly before going to bed :D
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Libitina wrote: »
    Woohoo! A shiny new thread!

Not just any thread-the best thread on here!

Keep 'em comin', as the lady says!
  • lotsobearlotsobear Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Not just any thread-the best thread on here!

Keep 'em comin', as the lady says!
    I had a bit of a lay-in this morning and I had a dream I was in the shower watching TV and this was on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Ambition_(Family_Guy)

For some very, very stupid reason, I start using a hair drier on myself whilst the shower is still running, and then suddenly, I get electrocuted and as soon as I collapse and hit the bottom of the bath, I wake up with a start! :eek::D

How would you rate that in terms of creepiness? :cool:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Wow!

We've mad it to thread two. Looking forward to a whole new raft of creepy experiences to keep me up at night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Right, another lesson learnt today is to not type up posts on this site. The typing does not take long at all but family coming and going and phone etc etc meant the disappearance of my post;-)

The keyboard was on the sofa and the dogs are beside me. The little one must have brushed/walked against the keyboard and presto - It's all disappeared.

Off to Word to type up and Copy/paste.

Lynne x
    Forum Member
    Last story I'll share for 2013- I think somebody mentioned it before but it's so good I'll bring it across.

I heard a radio interview with Ann Diamond a year or two back in which she told the story of the time she went to buy a house with her mother. The first time she looked around the house, a charming old lady showed her round and told her that she was glad the house was going to a family again. Several weeks later, Ann went to view the house again (with her mother) and, to her surprise, the little old lady was there again. This time, however , she was left go look around alone as the lady disappeared out back.

When it came for them to leave, Ann tried and tried find the old lady but she was nowhere to be seen. Her mum claimed to stumble over a coffin on the way out, but this was put down to her over- reactive imagination.

Cut forward to Ann dropping the keys off at the estate agents and she was shocked (putting it mildly) to learn that the lady who'd let them in and spoken to them earlier that night had died several weeks before.

Needless to say, she didn't buy the house.

The radio interview in which she recounts this is still available and makes a great listen!
    Forum Member
    I too saw this programme. It was fascinating x lynne
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and an associate had just finished watching a Rocky film and put the PS3 on to play some streetfighter, I'm sat on the floor and he leaned over behind me and said "I will break you!", My life flashed before my eyes :o
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am staying with my mother at the moment, talking to her in the doorway between the living room and kitchen, the printer in the conservatory kicked into life, going through it's checks. It was NOT turned on or plugged in, it's not wireless. It did this this twice, my mother is convinced it was my departed dad, and has asked him to help her win the euro lottery!:D, so l will let you know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I can't believe you lot read this thread before bed time. I would be scared s...less and never sleep. Any wee noise would have me jumping. A new thread for a New Year. :):)
    Forum Member
    Heartache wrote: »
    I am staying with my mother at the moment, talking to her in the doorway between the living room and kitchen, the printer in the conservatory kicked into life, going through it's checks. It was NOT turned on or plugged in, it's not wireless. It did this this twice, my mother is convinced it was my departed dad, and has asked him to help her win the euro lottery!:D, so l will let you know.

If this gives you comfort, I would imagine that this is the most important thing that both you and she feel connected to your father. No matter what anyone else thinks it's both you and your Mother's feelings that are important.

I have read of such experiences though I have never experienced this type of unexplained occurrence this does NOT mean that it did not happen to you.

Having an adult child stay with us is lovely as we kind of get to know them all over again with their adult personalities.

How lovely that you are spending New Years Eve with her.

Graham Norton's show this evening has been great and I now think that he is the best interviewer ever as it's all about the guests and not him.

Lynne x
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    I can't believe you lot read this thread before bed time. I would be scared s...less and never sleep. Any wee noise would have me jumping. A new thread for a New Year. :):)

LOL - Happy new Year - my daughter keeps asking me where I am on Skype as whilst I am on here she cannot see me- I am a voice with no face to her ;-)

Lynne x

Ha ha - I have only just noticed the camera has fallen on the floor, no wonder she can't see me - Don't you just love technology !
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm what is known as a Martha's Minister, which is a grand name for those who look after the daily running of our chapel. The volunteer jobs vary from flower arranging to sorting out the candles to simple cleaning duties.I'm a simple cleaner and have seen a few odd things in the church. The most recent was around september. There were three of us busy polishing and wiping in various parts of the church. The church is VERY large and I was at the back in an alcove where there is a side altar.There is a set of three double doors adjacent to the side altar(Should be called a back altar really) for entering the church. They are huge big 8ft high doors and make a right racket when anyone enters or leaves (therefore propped open during services.) As I worked I caught movement in my peripheral vision and noticed a nun kneeling about ten pews into the main body of the church.Odd I hadn't noticed her before . As I watched she was very still and her face was in shadow since most of the lights are extinguished by late evening ( we cleaners know that place like the back of our hands so don't need much lighting). Anyway I carried on polishing and then again saw movement and the figure rose, genuflected toward the main altar and headed toward the exit doors----and me.I watched her thinking to nod and say *goodnight sister* . I noticed her cross on her rosary beads at her waist catching the limited light .We have a hospital nearby and a few houses where nuns live ,so I assumed this lady was staying locally or visiting in the hospital, as they do a lot.But she kept her head down and I sensed she'd no intention of acknowledging anyone so I went back to my work and scrunched up my shoulders waiting for the doors to make their usual racket(always horrendous in the quiet night time church). But there was nothing, not a squeak other than the low voices of the two other ladies chatting softly up at the main altar. Puzzled I checked all round the back of the church,then called my mates back there too but they hadn't noticed her and there was not a sign of her anywhere. We even put all the lights back up and checked the vestry up front because it has an outside door, but to get to that she'd have had to pass my mates,and she didn't. We've all had similar things occur there but rather than being scary it is comforting . Just another soul using the church for it's intended purpose really. Having said that none of us would work alone in there at night , lol.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering how long it would be before we got to part 2 of this thread! My favourite one on DS, always great to come here for a bit of interesting reading in small hours, and knowing there is no nastiness makes it all the more pleasurable! :)

Polli, fabulous story to have on the first page of the new thread, any more? I would love to hear them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    This might have happened to a few people here but sleep paralysis really creeped me out. It happened twice within a few weeks of each other when I was about 17. On both occasions I could hear what sounded like evil laughter followed by a door slamming. Tried so hard to move my body and because I couldn't I started to panic, finally gave up and just relaxed for a few minutes and was able to move again. Didn't want to go back to sleep after.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, I've had sleep paralysis a couple of time. The first time, my bedroom appeared to be on fire and during the second time I "woke up" and saw a girl staring at me.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Oh yes, I've had sleep paralysis a couple of time. The first time, my bedroom appeared to be on fire and during the second time I "woke up" and saw a girl staring at me.

I think I had something like this on Christmas day, I was having a bit of a strange dream concerning the mrs dyeing her hair :blush:, I suddenly woke up and had the feeling that something was pinning me to the bed, I slipped one shoulder to the side to escape and there was nothing there :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sleep paralysis is so frightening. Once I fell asleep on the sofa and I woke up paralysed and struggled for ages to get onto the floor. When I did all I could do was crawl across the carpet and my eyes were clamped shut. I started to panic and then realized I was still on the sofa, still paralysed, and it started all over again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    I'm what is known as a Martha's Minister, which is a grand name for those who look after the daily running of our chapel. The volunteer jobs vary from flower arranging to sorting out the candles to simple cleaning duties.I'm a simple cleaner and have seen a few odd things in the church. The most recent was around september. There were three of us busy polishing and wiping in various parts of the church. The church is VERY large and I was at the back in an alcove where there is a side altar.There is a set of three double doors adjacent to the side altar(Should be called a back altar really) for entering the church. They are huge big 8ft high doors and make a right racket when anyone enters or leaves (therefore propped open during services.) As I worked I caught movement in my peripheral vision and noticed a nun kneeling about ten pews into the main body of the church.Odd I hadn't noticed her before . As I watched she was very still and her face was in shadow since most of the lights are extinguished by late evening ( we cleaners know that place like the back of our hands so don't need much lighting). Anyway I carried on polishing and then again saw movement and the figure rose, genuflected toward the main altar and headed toward the exit doors----and me.I watched her thinking to nod and say *goodnight sister* . I noticed her cross on her rosary beads at her waist catching the limited light .We have a hospital nearby and a few houses where nuns live ,so I assumed this lady was staying locally or visiting in the hospital, as they do a lot.But she kept her head down and I sensed she'd no intention of acknowledging anyone so I went back to my work and scrunched up my shoulders waiting for the doors to make their usual racket(always horrendous in the quiet night time church). But there was nothing, not a squeak other than the low voices of the two other ladies chatting softly up at the main altar. Puzzled I checked all round the back of the church,then called my mates back there too but they hadn't noticed her and there was not a sign of her anywhere. We even put all the lights back up and checked the vestry up front because it has an outside door, but to get to that she'd have had to pass my mates,and she didn't. We've all had similar things occur there but rather than being scary it is comforting . Just another soul using the church for it's intended purpose really. Having said that none of us would work alone in there at night , lol.

a ghostly nun - that's fascinating! Would there have been nuns at your church in the past? Is it catholic etc?
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Heartache wrote: »

If it's a Lexmark, some do that, whether it's plugged in or not. Mine had been powered off for months when it started doing it's checks! :o Creeped me out the first time it happened to me and thought I'd acquired a second-hand, possessed printer! :)
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    Last story I'll share for 2013- I think somebody mentioned it before but it's so good I'll bring it across...The radio interview in which she recounts this is still available and makes a great listen!

That account reminds me of Joanna Lumley's experiences:

When Joanna Lumley first saw the beautiful 18th century Parsonage, she felt sure it was the home for her. But a series of supernatural events changed her mind after she and her husband moved in. The 58-year-old actress claims that during her three years at the house in Goodnestone, near Dover, she became convinced it was haunted after a series of extraordinary goings-on.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-318489/Joannas-Absolutely-haunted-house.html#ixzz2pBK8NKNZ
    polli wrote: »
    I'm what is known as a Martha's Minister, which is a grand name for those who look after the daily running of our chapel...Just another soul using the church for it's intended purpose really. Having said that none of us would work alone in there at night , lol.

I haven't quite had an experience as direct as that but back in 2009, I was helping out at a coffee morning in a modern church hall which meant getting some large tables out for people to sit at from the centuries-old church which is now just used for storage.

It's locked up and we went to get the tables, closed the internal fire doors and then locked the main entrance doors. Said tables were then put up in the hall for the coffee morning (which raised £200 for a charity :)).

Anyway, when we got back into the old church with the keys, someone or something had already opened the double internal fire doors for us and they were now both in their open, magnetically locked position parallel with the walls yet no one was in there!

These aren't electrically controlled and they both require a degree of manual effort to open them. I, along with a friend, double checked all the rooms and there was no one there! After putting the tables back, we closed both fire doors and locked up the main entrance doors.

There is no conventional explanation for that occurrence because only I had the keys and no one else could have physically got in. It was weird but at the same time the act was benign because it made it easier for us to take the tables back to their storage places. I would be willing to take a polygraph lie detector test on that one!
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's a Lexmark, some do that, whether it's plugged in or not. Mine had been powered off for months when it started doing it's checks! :o Creeped me out the first time it happened to me and thought I'd acquired a second-hand, possessed printer! :)

I think that calls for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSK1D3bZhRs
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I think that calls for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSK1D3bZhRs

:D Smart cat!
    Forum Member
    That Joanna Lumley account is very interesting.

Whatever it was clearly didn't want her there.