rattierattie Posts: 7,050
Forum Member

Comments

• Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather an obvious title - I wonder if Nicky had any say in it :kitty:

I hope they give him a few up tempo tracks and don't just focus on ballads.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I do wonder whether the majority of the tracks on this album will end up being covers.
  • Options
    gobowengobowen Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Couple of weeks before Mothers Day.

Can't wait to read the inlay card. Nicholas has such a fascinating personality, and opinions on almost everything. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about the title.I see that original songs are going to be on it,which is good. I hope it goes well for him.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Same same same song choices. I'm sure Simon Cowell has only heard of a handful of songs.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Same same same song choices. I'm sure Simon Cowell has only heard of a handful of songs.

I really don't think Cowell has the time to oversee every X factor contestant album. It is what he pays others for!

He may have final say in a few but no way them all :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Three originals according to a DS article.
    The set will feature covers of Bruno Mars's 'Just The Way You Are', Adele's 'Someone Like You' and Westlife's 'Flying Without Wings'.

Arms of an Angel will also contain three original tracks, which McDonald has been working on since The X Factor last month.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s103/the-x-factor/news/a545838/x-factors-nicholas-mcdonald-announces-debut-album-arms-of-an-angel.html
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to release an original song as a single. Marcus made the mistake of going with a cover and that didn't work it.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So... many... warning signs...
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gobowen wrote: »
    Couple of weeks before Mothers Day.

Can't wait to read the inlay card. Nicholas has such a fascinating personality, and opinions on almost everything. :)

That's the really frustrating thing, because if you look at the stuff he did for like the video diaries and stuff, he actually does have a really funny/nice personality, but he never got to show it on the show because of the awful material he was given.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cuL-iO7RmU

Just as an example.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JB92 wrote: »
    Marcus made the mistake of going with a cover and that didn't work it.

It was more like a cover of a cover! Marcus' version is near identical to a cover released the previous year.
  • Options
    ILuvAlejandroILuvAlejandro Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    In The Rubbish Bin would be a more fitting title
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Releasing only 2 weeks before Sam's first album. They should of made him wait longer...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amazon have put up the tracklisting for Nicholas's album

1. Superman
    2. Answerphone
    3. When the Stars Go Blue
    4. In the Arms Of an Angel
    5. A Thousand Years
    6. Smile
    7. Someone Like You
    8. Flying Without Wings
    9. Just the Way You Are
    10. If You're Not the One
    11. Solid Gold

So is 'Answerphone' the only original?
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    Amazon have put up the tracklisting for Nicholas's album

1. Superman
    2. Answerphone
    3. When the Stars Go Blue
    4. In the Arms Of an Angel
    5. A Thousand Years
    6. Smile
    7. Someone Like You
    8. Flying Without Wings
    9. Just the Way You Are
    10. If You're Not the One
    11. Solid Gold

So is 'Answerphone' the only original?

There's supposed to be three originals on it, so I'm guessing Smile and Solid Gold also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »
    There's supposed to be three originals on it, so I'm guessing Smile and Solid Gold also.

It's hard to tell. Smile is the name of quite a few known songs but I can't say I know of a song called Solid Gold, so you could be right there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hard to tell. Smile is the name of quite a few known songs but I can't say I know of a song called Solid Gold, so you could be right there.

Yeah, I was going on the basis of likelihood. It seems less likely that two different songs would be called 'When The Stars Go Blue' than something like 'Smile'. I doubt the latter is the Lily Allen song, for instance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I was going on the basis of likelihood. It seems less likely that two different songs would be called 'When The Stars Go Blue' than something like 'Smile'. I doubt the latter is the Lily Allen song, for instance.

I know When The Stars Go Blue, I have it on a Lee Mead album. He sang it as a duet with Hayley Westenra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uge_09dM7c
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know When The Stars Go Blue, I have it on a Lee Mead album. He sang it as a duet with Hayley Westenra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uge_09dM7c

I can't view youtube atm. Is that the same as the Ryan Adams song?

Release date has moved to the 17th March btw. Not sure why as it's even less of a gap between his and Sam's albums and it'll be releasing the same day as Kylie's new album :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't view youtube atm. Is that the same as the Ryan Adams song?

Release date has moved to the 17th March btw. Not sure why as it's even less of a gap between his and Sam's albums and it'll be releasing the same day as Kylie's new album :(

Yes it's the Ryan Adams song :)

Ah, hadn't notice the change in release date.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    I could see "smile" being a cover of the nat king cole song , sorta fits the style they seem to want from him
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smile could be the Uncle Kracker song which Joe McElderry also had on his first album :)
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

So Monrose, ehm, well, when is Ale..whatshisnameagain releasing his debut album? ^_^
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Daewos wrote: »
    So Monrose, ehm, well, when is Ale..whatshisnameagain releasing his debut album? ^_^

it is actually quite depressing that is the behaviour of someone who is supposedly 24