Everywhere

And
Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name.

Comments

• Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a strange question. Similar in what way?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    What a strange question. Similar in what way?

Well I'm not a huge fan of rock music and never have been, but i remember hearing these and liking them, so just similar songs that aren't too dark/heavy. That's what I meant.
    Can be new or old.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could try Jango and see what comes up.

http://www.jango.com
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of current groups, I would recommend Haim. They are very influenced by Fleetwood Mac. They do melodic pop/rock with a slight R&B influence with nice female vocals.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Corrs, Lucie Silvas, Jefferson Starship, Heart....perhaps?
  • Options
    chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lexii-Mae wrote: »

And
    Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name.

Well if you enjoy that one you should like Living on a prayer and born to be my baby by them also
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How to be Invisible by Kate Bush. The middle bit is sooooo gorgeous and spooky. Why didn't you release it woman????!!!! :D
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haim and Platinum Weird.
  • Options
    SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Pierces.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    Haim.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lissie. She does a few Fleetwood covers also.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Eagles......contemporaneous with the second incarnation of Fleetwood Mac (Rumours etc).......soft rock, melodic rock.....not sure of the taxonomy but it's similar to Fleetwood Mac and from the same era.
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could give Toni Childs & Melissa Etheridge a try

If you've got spotify try this link

http://open.spotify.com/album/760sCxwjNqWirAr36GyiKL
  • Options
    Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lexii-Mae wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some songs similar to
    Fleetwood Mac's

Dreams
    Go Your Own Way
    Don't Stop
    Little Lies
    Everywhere

Try this. I remember when Jonathan Ross played it on his Saturday Radio 2 show years ago and after it finished he said exactly what I was thinking: "That sounded a bit Fleetwood Mac-ish."

Midlake - Head Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dQMHBy3NvQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also recommend getting some of Stevie Nicks' solo stuff if you like that incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belinda Carlisle - Heaven on Earth and Runaway Horses in particular.
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Several people have said Haim.

So I bought the album. Was this "influence" published by some cloth eared, lazy, journalist?

I was expecting, therefore, California west coast rock with immediately likeable songs with hummable hooks, great harmonies and lush production. (or Little Feat, Poco, Jackson Browne, CSN, early / mid 70s Linda Ronstadt all from the same school of music)

I got nothing like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »

So I bought the album. Was this "influence" published by some cloth eared, lazy, journalist?

I was expecting, therefore, California west coast rock with immediately likeable songs with hummable hooks, great harmonies and lush production. (or Little Feat, Poco, Jackson Browne, CSN, early / mid 70s Linda Ronstadt all from the same school of music)

I got nothing like that.

You should have listened to sound clips before purchasing.

It's funny, everyone compared Oasis to The Beatles and I never thought they sounded anything like them. Everyone hears things differently.
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I got nothing like that.

I have the album. Fleetwood Mac has been cited as an influence. Not sure whether they agree with that themselves. I saw an interview in which they referenced Destiny's Child.

However, whether true or not, "influence" does not necessarily translate into "sounds like." Sometimes it's a bit more abstract. It might be to do with approach or attitude, for example. They don't especially sound like Destiny's Child!
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    You might enjoy looking up Within Temptation's "Whole world is watching" and "angels" along with some of their Q music covers. its softer rock, but catchy beats you can sing along too.
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about Jenny Lewis?

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/21/jenny-lewis-the-voyager-album-stream

Try the first song, Head Underwater. It doesn't exactly sound like Fleetwood Mac, but it sounds like like she's listened to them.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I got nothing like that.

'Influence' does not necessarily mean 'sound like' to be fair.
    Sorry I see another poster beat me to it on that one!
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was alive when 'Rumours' came out :cool: and other stuff that we used to listen to then included Eric Clapton (Slowhand), Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan. You might also like Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, Tom Petty........ Damn the Torpedoes, or the more polished Full Moon Fever, are my recommendations. Both great albums that I haven't tired of listening to. You might also want to check out the 'supergroup' that Petty was in, The Traveling Wilburys. Their first album is great.