Options

who was that woman

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
Forum Member
who was the woman who wilf kept seeing and the doctor saw and changed when she saw her

Comments

• Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha snap :P
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Never identified. All we know is that she was a Time Lady.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who was the woman who wilf kept seeing and the doctor saw and changed when she saw her

Was about to ask the same question.

I also wondered who the other bloke/woman was covering his face. maybe Matt Smith just to make up casting numbers so that it didn't look odd that one person was covering their face?

Maybe she was just crying because she didn't want to be part of Rasillon's plans, and DT realised not all Timelords were bad, just the main man?
  • Options
    alexjonesalexjones Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm thinking she was his mother personally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumours were his mother, or white guardian. But thats all they can be, rumours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Was that not Rose's song playing in the background?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    i thought it was Donna, wilf asked who was she and then the dr looked at Donna and remained silent
  • Options
    Victim Of FateVictim Of Fate Posts: 5,157
    Forum Member
    Was about to ask the same question.

I also wondered who the other bloke/woman was covering his face. maybe Matt Smith just to make up casting numbers so that it didn't look odd that one person was covering their face?

Maybe she was just crying because she didn't want to be part of Rasillon's plans, and DT realised not all Timelords were bad, just the main man?

I don't think so. The fact that the Doctor refuses to answer when Wilf asks about her suggests to me that she's going to have a place in the Moffat era.
  • Options
    CloudaneCloudane Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought probably Susan (his granddaughter, as seen in the very first series with Hartnell)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    kninemark2 wrote: »
    i thought it was Donna, wilf asked who was she and then the dr looked at Donna and remained silent

Me too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that not Rose's song playing in the background?

That's exactly what I thought and said to my wife and posted in a diff thread(one of the multituide on here)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I must agree, I'm thinking it was his mother too.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After tonight and the way he looked at her im guessing his mother/grandmother?

theres a door open there because if she could appear for Wilf..does she have access to the outside from the timelock?

it could be a theme they will go back to..at some point you know the timelords are going to return its when not if.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Wilf asks, the Doctor looked over his shoulder and directly at Donna (the camera focused on her), so it seemed to imply that, somehow, it was her.

After all, she still has Time Lady in her somewhere.
  • Options
    THEHANDOFOMEGATHEHANDOFOMEGA Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Maybe it was Sally Sparrow! YES I GOT IT IN FIRST!;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    You are partly right, It was the doctors mother. Donna is part timelord there is no reason why in the future she becomes a timelord and the doctors mother.

This would explain why she appeared to Wilf and not one of the other companions, it would explain the doctors fascination with earth and before anyone dismisses this as rubbish check out the 1996 Dr who movie where the doctor refers to himself as half human :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered if it was somebody he loved or even was married to at some point. He looked at Donna in the bride's dress when asked who the lady was.
  • Options
    JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audio commentary podcast says his mother. Done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    Because it was Rose's music playing I thought perhaps it was her as an old woman.

I like that aspect of Dr W, where not all questions are neatly answered.
  • Options
    LurgidBeeLurgidBee Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    JonJonB wrote: »
    Audio commentary podcast says his mother. Done.

A facetious remark at best. The audi commentary also chuckled that it was the Rani picking up the master's ring in LOTTL.

Deliberate un-answered question by RTD to annoy/confuse fans as he ends his tenure. Along with who was manipulating the Ood (the white lady most likely) and why was Rassilon the president of the time lords?

Could have been anyone: his mother, the white guardian, Romana. The camera shot that focussed on Donna when the docotor did no answer Wilf's question was practically an answer in itself. A minor hint was her white outfit alluding to her role as the Bride when she first met the doctor. Again RTD did not explicitly say it, so it could still be anyone. Moffat could do anything or nothing with this. Best guess is it will be the latter.
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    The best thing I can think of for Rassilon is that in a desperate attempt to win the time wars the Time Lords brought him back hoping he could help them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    River Song??
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna go with his mother too
  • Options
    grunsongrunson Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    RTD might have had particular ideas for who she is when first developing the story, but as it stands she is whoever future writers might wish her to be should her character ever appear again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    My thought was that it was his mother, but I like the idea that it was Donna. It would explain how she was able to appear to Wilf and we don't know what happened to her after she blacked out. I think it was deliberately left as a puzzle, but perhaps it will be picked up in future episodes.