By the way, the big RESET switch wasn't pressed....

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
... so ALL the RTD characters, companions and villains CAN make a reappearance if necessary.

I just though I'd add that. :o

Comments

• WhovianWhovian Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    ... so ALL the RTD characters, companions and villains CAN make a reappearance if necessary.

I just though I'd add that. :o
    There was a 'reset switch' when the Time Lords reversed what the Master had done. Wouldn't be an RTD finale without one.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whovian wrote: »
    There was a 'reset switch' when the Time Lords reversed what the Master had done. Wouldn't be an RTD finale without one.

The point the OP is making is we had months and months of some posters insisiting the whole RTD era was going to be re set.

It wasn't. Thank god.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    The point the OP is making is we had months and months of some posters insisiting the whole RTD era was going to be re set.

It wasn't. Thank god.

Even some psoters who didn't actually understand what a reset switch was:rolleyes:
  • NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    Whovian wrote: »

Wouldn't be anyone left on Earth to watch the show if they hadn't. :p

You can't make huge, planet-wide changes without a reset of some sort so you can move on to the next story instead of dealing with the aftermath of having killed billions of people and laid waste to entire continents.

Not even the slightest chance this will change under Moffat, so get ready to start blaming him.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member

It wasn't. Thank god.

Surely, from RTD's point of view, if that DID happen, then basically all his work would amount to nothing and there would be no legacy to pass onto SM
  • Jakes_stuffJakes_stuff Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there was alot of points that different people insisted were going to happen in these last 2 specials that never came to fruition
    I myself was one of these 'know it alls' - I swore blind that the fact that Donna still had the Doctors mind in her head would be crucial to his regeneration - shows what I know!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there was alot of points that different people insisted were going to happen in these last 2 specials that never came to fruition
    I myself was one of these 'know it alls' - I swore blind that the fact that Donna still had the Doctors mind in her head would be crucial to his regeneration - shows what I know!!

i think the differences is that that is just harmless speculation. Some of those wishing for a reset did so out of sheer malice for the RTd era.
  • Jakes_stuffJakes_stuff Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think the differences is that that is just harmless speculation. Some of those wishing for a reset did so out of sheer malice for the RTd era.

People being malicious on this forum? Against RTD??? No! I refuse to believe it!!! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People being malicious on this forum? Against RTD??? No! I refuse to believe it!!! ;)

That's like saying noone likes Sally Sparrow and Adam(is it Adam, the idiot with the clickity fingers DalekTech?)!
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    There weren't any Daleks either!

And Rose was left unhindered in her Parallel universe, and there wasn't another re-union of all the past companions to help save the day!

And the Kitchen Sink did NOT appear...HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHA

Shows how much we know :D
    Forum Member
    And the Kitchen Sink did NOT appear...HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHA

Shows how much we know :D

There was a scene set in the Nobles' kitchen in Part 1. Shows how much you know. ;)
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    There was a scene set in the Nobles' kitchen in Part 1. Shows how much you know. ;)

:D

Maybe that's where they kept the reset button, and the Doctor was unable to reach it without bumping into Donna? :p
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    Surely, from RTD's point of view, if that DID happen, then basically all his work would amount to nothing and there would be no legacy to pass onto SM

I believe some of the hardcore nutters were even hoping for a McGann/Smith regeneration, so the entire RTD era could be written off as uncanonical.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think RTD mentioned last year that he was leaving the Doctor as he found him back in 2005 for Moffatt. To me , that just means travelling alone as a new incarnation in the Tardis.
    Forum Member
    People decided to interpret it to mean much, much more than that. People insisted just a few days ago that the Timelords and Gallifrey had to be back for good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People decided to interpret it to mean much, much more than that. People insisted just a few days ago that the Timelords and Gallifrey had to be back for good.

for some reason whenever i read that this song would pop in my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMSUnEOPY5I

:D:o