Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 4)

1125126127128129131»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Scallywag magazine appears to be a source of some of the rumours, but here's what the editor of that magazine apparently said about Portillo later http://www.independent.co.uk/news/outed--portillo-is-one-of-the-good-guys-1277645.html

Fascinating... increasingly, I'm finding that the Independent and IOS were ahead of their rival papers in progressing the various strands of this story.

To me, it seems as if Regan has a lot to answer for with regard to the Portillo rumours. Just shows that the internet can be as much of a curse as it can a boon.
  • Options
    nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are 33 levels I believe. Kenneth Noye was 11th level so I've been told.

It's starting to sound like Scientology!
  • Options
    chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I publicly ridicule a lot of conspiracy theory nuts especially "truthers"

Oh, is that why you're not concerned with whether what you're saying is true or not?

Although, I've never seen you ridiculing yourself, so, eh, what is it you're ridiculing exactly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth was the future king asking a bloody DJ for advice over the appointment of a senior aide for him and Princess Diana?? I've heard it all now. We had Edwina Currie deciding he'd be the ideal candidate for heading a taskforce in a hospital for the criminally insane, and the future king seeking his advice about aides! I just don't get it. JS could barely string a coherent sentence together without injecting yodels or catchphrases or changing the subject. What did these people see in him? I think they're all nuts. We're being governed by fruit cakes.

:D:D:D that has made me laugh so much. But you're absolutely spot on. Maybe Tony Blair got him on board about Iraq and whether or not we should invade?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    brandon99 wrote: »
    Fascinating... increasingly, I'm finding that the Independent and IOS were ahead of their rival papers in progressing the various strands of this story.

To me, it seems as if Regan has a lot to answer for with regard to the Portillo rumours. Just shows that the internet can be as much of a curse as it can a boon.

Yes Regan was a weird sort of chap by all accounts. Call it intuition but I sense that Portillo is a good chap and it's a shame to get his name drawn into this whirlpool of speculative sleaze.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steve Messham said:

It's actually very difficult to begin to imagine the fear these boys must have felt. When we hear of JS victims saying they knew they wouldn't be believed because of his fame and celebrity, it's easy to see why the care-home boys who were being violently assaulted by people in powerful positions and then threatened with death if they said anything couldn't get anyone to take them seriously. What a horrible horrible nightmare to keep living through to know it would keep happening and there was absolutely nothing they could do about it.

He mentioned the name of the hotel in Wrexham. Would guest records have been kept? There may be staff still there from before. Hopefully, they can be questioned if a new inquiry is set up, unless they were ordered to keep quiet. Who knows. The cover up seems to have involved so manhy people, that it's not that wild to assume the hotel in Wrexham was chosen for a reason.

Who the hell ran the Crest Hotel? Hard to imagine they didn;t know what was going on...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pmaxted wrote: »
    Yes Regan was a weird sort of chap by all accounts. Call it intuition but I sense that Portillo is a good chap and it's a shame to get his name drawn into this whirlpool of speculative sleaze.

My instinct too, for what that's worth. I hate his politics, and at times his arrogance, but I am not inclined to condemn him on the flakey evidence I've seen thus far. Rumours being repeated and rehashed by internet loons who all seem to have got their stuff from Scallywag.

It's a shame because it starts to have the effect of discrediting other lines of enquiry which may have merit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Came across this first-hand account written by someone who spent some of their childhood in Bryn Alyn one of the care homes at the centre of the N Wales abuse scandal:

I think the stuff about Bryn Alyn kicks in at around chapter 3:

http://childprison.tripod.com/davidg2.html
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    nw0307 wrote: »
    It's starting to sound like Scientology!

Well have I've wondered a member of the Newsnight team is one, as the BBC had a run in with them not long ago. :)
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone remember Savile appearing briefly on celebrity big brother in 2006...? the one with Galloway and Barrymore.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    munta wrote: »
    I'm sorry, can you explain further. I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean.

The 'join up the dots phrase' is trouted out as if the dots are significant.

On the Icke site it refers to those who rule and manipulate the populous are of a certain blood type and monkeys come into it as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone remember Savile appearing briefly on celebrity big brother in 2006...? the one with Galloway and Barrymore.

Did he? I watched that one (well I watch all of them :o) and I can't for the life of me remember Jimmy Savile being on there. That's not saying he wasn't - I couldn't stand him so might have erased him from my memory
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    The 'join up the dots phrase' is trouted out as if the dots are significant.

On the Icke site it refers to those who rule and manipulate the populous are of a certain blood type and monkeys come into it as well.

I take it to mean 'join all the bits of evidence together to reveal the bigger picture'

I've heard/read the phrase a lot in the Savile case.

Better than 'leave no stone unturned' which might just be used to say 'we're going to be thorough', but always strikes me as an odd phrase, and is often used when children go missing.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shy11 wrote: »
    People could sign in under any name back then, so I doubt anyone used their own.

People can sign in under any name today as well . Under Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972 each guest over the age of 16 is required to complete or be added to a register and must provide as a minimum their Name and Nationality , non UK passport holders ( they used to call them aliens , that should pelase the Icke forum ) must also provide their Passport Number (or ID card) and provide the address of their next destination if known, no requirement for current address

Now some Hotels do the minimum and have just a book , our companies hotels has individual Registration Forms and asks in addition for the guests current residential address , but a guest does not have to supply it. In fact many EU citizens are rather rude to receptionists for asking for anything on check in even though they do the same in their countries.

The record must be kept for a period of 12 months , after that it does not stipluate a time but most people shred them as keeping them longer than required by law can be in breach of Data Protection. Most peoples names will appear on a hotels accounts (on a reservation system and invoices ) but a business only has to store those for 6 years for HMRC.

Also as there is no requirement to carry ID in the UK you cannot force a British Citizen to show you any and if they did how would you know it was genuine ?
  • Options
    JOSWolfJOSWolf Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nw0307 wrote: »
    Did he? I watched that one (well I watch all of them :o) and I can't for the life of me remember Jimmy Savile being on there. That's not saying he wasn't - I couldn't stand him so might have erased him from my memory

He appeared as a guest on one of the days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JOSWolf wrote: »
    He appeared as a guest on one of the days.

Yes, I remember that. He turned up with a plastic bag and 'fixed it' for housemates.

Continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=62138063#post62138063
This discussion has been closed.