London Olympics: Games Makers

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    sykesgirl wrote: »
    Hi
    I've got shifts for both OG and PG.

OG are not too bad - I've got 7 and the early starts are 6.30am and the late finish is 12.30am. I live in South London so I will be able to get to Embankment on the Northern Line for Beach Volleyball with not much problem.

The PG ones are much more difficult. I either start at 5.45am or end at 1am and the trains will not be running from Stratford where I will stationed on the Olympic Park itself.
    Not sure what I'm going to do about this but there is no place to raise this until someone contacts me from my event team to "confirm my shifts" but there is a lot of information about how it's basically impossible to change any shifts as it's so difficult to co-ordinate etc.

I am not moaning here but I am feeling disappointed. I've already given a considerable amount of time as one of the people who interviewed the volunteers (as a volunteer) and we were never given the information which is now emerging. Long shifts were mentioned but not 11 hours at a time. No mention of the fact there would be no public transport running (despite this supposedly being the public transport games) and certainly no idea of the odd hours that people are being asked to do. I now feel that I personally misled people because we weren't given the accurate information ourselves.
    One final point is that I now know of someone who has volunteered in a Team Leader role and they have been told that most of their job will be ensuring that people don't just up and quit half way through as they become too tired and find the whole thing impossible.

All my shifts except one finish after the last train!
    Maybe they will put on more trains to Ebbsfleet, at least from there I can drive a further hour home?