Is it time for Shirley to Leave Eastenders

Comments

• Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    So what do we think, has Shirley had her day?

Thats interesting, I thought that the vote for shirley to leave would be much higher :eek:

IMO she should leave. the character has run its course and she should leave after getting revenge on phil
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    lanekent shirley is a well known character. i see so many tweets with people mentioning her. they shouldnt get rid of long term characters

she is just as popular as sharon is.

I didn't say she wasn't popular. Howrver I would rather her go out in a blaze of glory than linger on with no purpose. At present she serves no purpose other than there is unfinished business with Phil. She even has unfinished business with Roxy but they want us to forget that.

Other than Denise or bringing in her family, where else are they taking her? Linda Henry deserves better but it doesn't appear she is getting it under Lorraine Newman.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Yes
    And might be in Week 10 but look how far down the cast list she is. I think this is proof she is NOTHING to do with the Lexi storyline, at best she might get a line to Lola if that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    And might be in Week 10 but look how far down the cast list she is. I think this is proof she is NOTHING to do with the Lexi storyline, at best she might get a line to Lola if that.

Good Luck with the inevitable fall out :D
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,943
    Forum Member
    No
    LaneKent wrote: »
    I didn't say she wasn't popular. Howrver I would rather her go out in a blaze of glory than linger on with no purpose. At present she serves no purpose other than there is unfinished business with Phil. She even has unfinished business with Roxy but they want us to forget that.

Other than Denise or bringing in her family, where else are they taking her? Linda Henry deserves better but it doesn't appear she is getting it under Lorraine Newman.

thats the writings fault. people should at least wait till shes given her own storyline before deciding if she should go. if they still dont like her then / feels she has no purpose then fine but the actress is more than capable of turning things around.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

No doubt barking orders at her.
    Forum Member
    No
    if she was nothing to do with it then why involve her at all. the line on the quote game on the bbc site is about phil so obviously she is still important to his character..
    Forum Member
    Yes
    If you think she is the reason he gives up Lexi your going to be disappointed and although he wins the case he does actually in the end give her up. Trust me and Shirley is not the reason.
    Your welcome to think I am wrong....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Lol, as soon as I saw this thread title I knew monalisa would be all over it like a rash. :D
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes

:D:D

She might have some scenes in McKlunkies if were lucky :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Lol, as soon as I saw this thread title I knew monalisa would be all over it like a rash. :D

I am getting sick of the constant Deja Vu :D
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Bring back carly and deano
    Forum Member
    No
    KieranDS wrote: »
    :D:D

She might have some scenes in McKlunkies if were lucky :eek:

Shes in next week cos of the phil stuff...

If she wasnt involved at all in that then they should move her on completly
    Forum Member
    Yes
    You can tell she is totally invovled hence being 3rd from the bottom for the cast list from the entire week. Obviously super important for this week. After winning the court case, Phil decides to listen to Shirley to hand Lexi back it has nothing to do with Sharon whatsoever ;)
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Thats interesting, I thought that the vote for shirley to leave would be much higher :eek:

IMO she should leave. the character has run its course and she should leave after getting revenge on phil

Every time the votes for Shirley to leave gets higher, the votes for her to stay increases too......
    Forum Member
    Yes

Yes when Lola sneaks out of Walford with Lexie hidden in her beehive hair, Shirley waves goodbye from her comfy place in the gutter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Every time the votes for Shirley to leave gets higher, the votes for her to stay increases too......

someone on here must have multiple accounts :D
    Forum Member
    No

If you mean me then no. I was surprised to see no was winning when i woke up today. I cant vote when im sleeping lol
    Forum Member
    Yes

There is no way that I would imply that someone is that desperate for Shirley to score high they would create fake accounts to ensure it happens ;)

Although I recognis about 40 members who voted for Shirley to leave and about ten members who voted for her to stay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If you mean me then no. I was surprised to see no was winning when i woke up today. I cant vote when im sleeping lol

I was only Joking Mona

TBH Shirley was a great character in the past but she should just quit as the writers have done nothing for her and the actress coiuld do better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There is no way that I would imply that someone is that desperate for Shirley to score high they would create fake accounts to ensure it happens ;)

Although I recognis about 40 members who voted for Shirley to leave and about ten members who voted for her to stay.

My comment was out of line, Apologies!
    Forum Member
    Yes
    My comment was out of line, Apologies!

Don't apologise. I winked. :D
    Forum Member
    No

Are you suggesting someone has? As it wasnt me
    I was only Joking Mona

TBH Shirley was a great character in the past but she should just quit as the writers have done nothing for her and the actress coiuld do better
    Since im the biggest shirley fan on the forum i only assume people think im voting more once when its clearly impossible.

Shes returning to her old self its the writers fault for not giving her any storylines of her own
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    It's time for Shirley to take a leap of faith... off a cliff. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Are you suggesting someone has? As it wasnt me

Since im the biggest shirley fan on the forum i only assume people think im voting more once when its clearly impossible.
    Shes returning to her old self its the writers fault for not giving her any storylines of her own

Wow @ BIB