Options

Now we´re at five, when does the Judge´s choice stop?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
Forum Member
✭✭
I´m assuming that with five still in there still will be a bottom two:mad: but when does it stop?

For the final - can´t possibly be Len´s choice, could it?

For the semi - the judges vote a 1, 2, 3. Unless the public vote 3, 2, 1 - a 1 in 6 chance, then 3 is in the dance off and of course out.

For the quarter, it would be just about possible to save either the 3rd or the 4th player from the dance off - but also just about impossible to eliminate 1st or 2nd (unless the public vote 4,3,2,1).

ie: Unless the BBC changes the elimination after this week, then the chances are the judges will nominate the final two from the last four.

Comments

• Options
    pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    ozark1 wrote: »
    For the semi - the judges vote a 1, 2, 3. Unless the public vote 3, 2, 1 - a 1 in 6 chance, then 3 is in the dance off and of course out.

Well, the public did in 2005 - that's how Zoe came 3rd and Darren Gough wasn't eliminated despite coming 3rd on the judges' leaderboard. And Matt Dawson was 3rd in last year's judges' final 3 and still got through.
    For the quarter, it would be just about possible to save either the 3rd or the 4th player from the dance off - but also just about impossible to eliminate 1st or 2nd (unless the public vote 4,3,2,1).P

Emma was top of the judges' leaderboard in the quarters last year and still ended up in the bottom 2, as did Zoe the year before.
    ie: Unless the BBC changes the elimination after this week, then the chances are the judges will nominate the final two from the last four.

They can't, as they do not control the public vote. Some people have been saying that following Kelly's departure we're now looking at a definite Matt vs Alesha final, which I find strange given that we could easily find both of them against each other in the dance off as early as tonight!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I am not sure either!
    i also think the show loses it slightly if there are only 2 in the final week. Last year was the same with Tarby out. I wish the judges would decide to stave off an eviction for one week and leave 3 in the final.. it makes the final show far more interesting adn enjoyable!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pasodabble wrote: »
    Emma was top of the judges' leaderboard in the quarters last year and still ended up in the bottom 2.

Yes she did - and made it through on the very first dance off. Louisa (59) and Matt (61) were the bottom 2 on the board - the public saved Matt at the expense of Louisa. With Emma and Mark top, the only way was the elimination of one of 3rd or 4th.

Last year came unstuck because there wasn´t a dance off in the semi. Matt was bottom, Emma 2nd, Mark 1st. Had there been a danceoff Matt was toast. The only result to save Matt, was him 1st, Emma 2nd, Mark 3rd - unlikely...
    They can't, as they do not control the public vote. Some people have been saying that following Kellys' departure we're now looking at a definite Matt vs Alesha final, which I find strange given that we could easily find both of them against each other in the dance off as early as tonight!

Not if they´re 1st and 2nd tonight and next week. Even if Gethin or Leticia polls best with the public the danceoff makes it virtually impossible to nobble either.
  • Options
    arddunolarddunol Posts: 12,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC site said at the start of the series , the judges will choose from a dance off in the semis but not in the final .With two , they can't anyway .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arddunol wrote: »
    The BBC site said at the start of the series , the judges will choose from a dance off in the semis but not in the final .With two , they can't anyway .

If they hold to that there is no point in voting in the semis then...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with ozark1's analysis. If your favourite is bottom of the judges' scores in a semi-final of three then they are extremely likely to be elminated if the judges still have the power to pick. The public should have the final say in a semi-final of three.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I hope the judges don't vote for who goes into the final, I don't like the judges deciding anyway, I got the idea it was to stop people like Chris Parker going through at the expense of better dancers, but it hasn't worked, look at Kate and Kenny. I think Chris Parker is doing the SCD tour, surely this can't be right, they should have the best dancers from the series, why should anyone pay money to see him dance (well if you can call it dance).
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pasodabble wrote: »
    Well, the public did in 2005 - that's how Zoe came 3rd and Darren Gough wasn't eliminated despite coming 3rd on the judges' leaderboard. And Matt Dawson was 3rd in last year's judges' final 3 and still got through.

Emma was top of the judges' leaderboard in the quarters last year and still ended up in the bottom 2, as did Zoe the year before.

They can't, as they do not control the public vote. Some people have been saying that following Kelly's departure we're now looking at a definite Matt vs Alesha final, which I find strange given that we could easily find both of them against each other in the dance off as early as tonight!

Totally agree with this!

It is very likely that there will be either Alesha or Matt in the final but way less chance of both of them being there! (I hope it is though!)

Usually the judges vote stops on semi final night, so they combined score will decide who gets to the final and the public vote will have more weighting!

However: The above used to apply to every week and the judges have only been "saving" since this year! So there are two possibilities that could happen if for example the public do vote opposite to the judges

Scenario A)

Alesha Judge: 4 Public 1
    Matt Judge 3 Public 2
    Letitia Judge 2 Public 3
    Kenny Judge 1 Public 4

Just realised I left out Gethin and Camilla, sorry all their fans but this is just for illustration puposes anyway!

The bottom two would be Alesha and Matt (due to lower public vote) and the judges would pick Alesha (most probably)

Scenario B)
    Same scores same people in the bottom two but Matt would go through for higher public vote!

In reality, the judges score doesn't really matter because if the public's fave is the worst dancer they will get through by merit of the public vote and the judges will have no say!

I think the judges will decide this week when we are splitting down to 3 but it will be 100% combined score (which actually means 100% public decision who will get to the final!)

I really hope the public come to their senses and get rid of Kenny this week, but I have a feeling it will be Letitia and Matt or Gethin in the bootom
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coddled wrote: »
    I agree with ozark1's analysis. If your favourite is bottom of the judges' scores in a semi-final of three then they are extremely likely to be elminated if the judges still have the power to pick. The public should have the final say in a semi-final of three.

The public will have final say in a semi final of three because if they vote opposite to the judges all three contestants will have the same points and the in the event of a tie the higher public vote counts! This means in this scenario one of the judges top two is eliminated! See my post above!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't say it was impossible, I said it was unlikely. You are correct that the top of the judges' score would have to be bottom of the public vote. There are six possible statistical scenarios, only one will favour the bottom in the judges' scores that's why I said it was unlikely.
    If the judges scores were 3,2,1 respectively for the three contestants then the three contestants' public votes could
    (3,1,2) (3,2,1), (2,1,3), (2,3,1), (1,2,3),(1,3,2). Only the fifth scenario would result in the bottom of the judges' vote going through.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started a thread on this yesterday. It is not unlikely that there will be a result along these lines..

Alesha (3 judges, 2 viewers)
    Matt (2 judges, 1 viewers)
    Gethin (1 judges, 3 viewers)

That gives Alesha 5, Gethin 4, Matt 3

If they allow the dance-off then the judges eliminate Gethin despite him getting the most votes. Without the dance-off Matt goes home, which would be fairest given that Alesha is the best dancer and Gethin the most popular.

They really shouldn't allow a situation to occur where the public favourite goes home
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you. Gethin could well have huge public support yet not make the final.
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I must admit I think I'm getting very confused on this, but I'd make 2 points:

1) You can't just go on statistics, because knowing the judges's scores affects the viewers' votes - the further down the list you are the more likely people will vote for you, if you're liked, so the person third with the judges is most likely to get the most votes.

2) I'd be against them choosing one of 2 in the final, because whoever is put into to the final by the judges will have very little chance of winning.

Really, I'd like a 3 person final. A two person final is going to be a walk-over for Alesha and (however lovely she is) boring, especially if the results are shown the day after, as some as suggesting. I think realistically a 3 person final now will be a walk-over for Alesha too, but there would be some tension between 2 and 3 and 3 show dances.
  • Options
    ejakejak Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I posted on another thread if Kenny makes it into the final from the phone vote regardless of leader board position, then the final will be very dull indeed :cry: If the judges have the last say of the bottom two unless Kenny falls into it on the last week we could be stuck with an Alesha Kenny final and thats no competition :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    blondey wrote: »
    I hope the judges don't vote for who goes into the final, I don't like the judges deciding anyway, I got the idea it was to stop people like Chris Parker going through at the expense of better dancers, but it hasn't worked, look at Kate and Kenny. I think Chris Parker is doing the SCD tour, surely this can't be right, they should have the best dancers from the series, why should anyone pay money to see him dance (well if you can call it dance).

Oh I do hope you're wrong about Chris doing SCD - I've got tickets and couldn't bear to be anywhere near him trying to perform. Surely no self respecting professional would want to partner him on tour?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I started a thread on this yesterday. It is not unlikely that there will be a result along these lines..

Alesha (3 judges, 2 viewers)
    Matt (2 judges, 1 viewers)
    Gethin (1 judges, 3 viewers)

That gives Alesha 5, Gethin 4, Matt 3

If they allow the dance-off then the judges eliminate Gethin despite him getting the most votes. Without the dance-off Matt goes home, which would be fairest given that Alesha is the best dancer and Gethin the most popular.

They really shouldn't allow a situation to occur where the public favourite goes home

Well excuse me, that's just your opinion. I think Matt is the best dancer so in no way would I consider it fair if he went home.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    Well excuse me, that's just your opinion. I think Matt is the best dancer so in no way would I consider it fair if he went home.

Not wanting to put words in Saturn's mouth, but I think they meant in the example they gave, not necessarily in the competition itself..?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't know why we're bothering, because we may have our suspicions about who's most popular with the public. Its still speculation based upon who we think was the most popular at the start of the series, and it doesn't allow for the changed minds as a result of the dancing, the partnerships and any other whims like sympathy votes etc etc etc that happen over the course of the competition. Not everyone in Wales, or everyone who likes Blue Peter will vote for Gethin, and I'm sure not all of Scotland will be voting for Kenny either.
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it isn't down to the judges. If it had been the case last year Matt would not have got through and he deserved it more than Emma. I can see a lot of unhappy people if the judges get to choose what will now be the final two.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it isn't down to the judges. If it had been the case last year Matt would not have got through and he deserved it more than Emma. I can see a lot of unhappy people if the judges get to choose what will now be the final two.

Why would you think that. I would expect that the judges would pick the best two dancers.
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peely wrote: »
    Why would you think that. I would expect that the judges would pick the best two dancers.

Really? After kicking Gabby out? I don't think so.

They would pick Matt, say, over Gethin even if Gethin performed better on the night because Gethin hasn't been as good as Matt consistently over the series. However, I would bet Gethin is higher in the public vote so he should get to the final, if this was the situation (of course).
  • Options
    indigomoonindigomoon Posts: 2,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear this does sound rather a mess!
  • Options
    markalexismarkalexis Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Dazzle Fan wrote: »
    [/B]

Oh I do hope you're wrong about Chris doing SCD - I've got tickets and couldn't bear to be anywhere near him trying to perform. Surely no self respecting professional would want to partner him on tour?

No, it's true, seen the posters 2 weeks ago