6 Children in Afghanistan killed by NATO airstrike

13»

Comments

• Options
    pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Tewingirl wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15877558

This flashed up as Breaking News on the BBC but was swiftly removed. I am flabbergasted. They are now suppressing news if it is counter to the positive image they want to portray of NATO and the UK.

What hypocrites there are in this country - NATO roams the world denouncing human rights abuses in other countries, but then perpetrates them much more, as in Libya, Afghanistan etc.

I find it heinous. There is no headline in any news media about this. Imagine if Afghan soldiers bombed our country and killed 6 children.

If we weren't there and the taliban were beheading people left and right, killing homosexuals and women for moral crimes and the rest you wouldn't lift a finger or really care anyways, so get off the high horse.
  • Options
    italker69italker69 Posts: 363
    Forum Member
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    italker69 wrote: »

Yep, most folks make a mistake at their job, they lose a contract/account/company property.

Mistakes cost a bit more, when they involve armed forces.

Show me a human that hasn't made a mistake, and I'll show you a human that's never made a decision.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not opinion; it's fact.

Are you saying NATO won't launch an airstrike if a wanted individual is amongst women and children?

How many civilians have been killed since 2001 for that very reason ?

How many wanted individuals were amongst the dead? Try none.

Yes.

Dead women and children.
    How do dead woman and children constitute a link?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame you label the loss of innocent human life as a '**** up'. Always is unless its closer to home. :rolleyes:

I didnt allege that EVERYONE involved conspires to mislead. I said there is usually a cover up somewhere along the line. By the time the news hits our TV screens it doesnt really matter who said what. You really should stop making things up.

It is a shame you label a f*** up as the loss of innocent life.
    In war etc f*** ups can result in a loss of innocent life. That doesn't stop it being a f*** up, even if it is closer to home. Unless you are an idiot and consider loss of life closer to home cannot possibly be as the result of a f**** up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    neelia wrote: »
    It is a shame you label a f*** up as the loss of innocent life.
    In war etc f*** ups can result in a loss of innocent life. That doesn't stop it being a f*** up, even if it is closer to home. Unless you are an idiot and consider loss of life closer to home cannot possibly be as the result of a f**** up.

Im sorry but what you said, makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sorry but what you said, makes no sense at all.

Then it's in good company with telling someone that they have labelled loss of innocent lives as a f*** up when they were taking about the cause not the result.
  • Options
    I Trust in God.I Trust in God. Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There doesn't seem to be any definition to this campaign any more. How many 'mistakes' is there going to be until the people of Afghanistan rebel? How many errors have NATO dialled in so that they can claim any success in this 'battle'. It is a murky affair with both of the sides engaged deeper and deeper into the trough of aid money and the defence budget. It seems that this has been Vietnam 2 but with better advertising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    neelia wrote: »
    Then it's in good company with telling someone that they have labelled loss of innocent lives as a f*** up when they were taking about the cause not the result.

Seriously what are you on about? Are you drunk?
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There doesn't seem to be any definition to this campaign any more. How many 'mistakes' is there going to be until the people of Afghanistan rebel? How many errors have NATO dialled in so that they can claim any success in this 'battle'. It is a murky affair with both of the sides engaged deeper and deeper into the trough of aid money and the defence budget. It seems that this has been Vietnam 2 but with better advertising.

Would recommend you try and catch up on Ross Kemp's programmes on Sky.

Watched the 1st episode recently where they were walking through a bustlingtown with markets and shops doing normal business.

One year ago that was controlled by the Taliban and was on the "front line".

It's not "sorted" nor is it all doom and gloom either.