Options

Chloe is, apparently, 'pissed'

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Who here saw Chloe before?? In that thing Ex on the Beach? See I did! So I know her already. She's a drama queen who loves being the centre of attention. Can't remember who said it last night on C-BBOTS, but they were right. She'll create anything to make sure the camera is on her and it's all centred around her.

Oh and I agree OP, I was getting so PISSED OFF with the 'pissed' thing. I kept thinking 'why do you keep saying you're drunk, idiot?'!
  • Options
    spoonsspoons Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    As bad as the americanisms are at least they don't drop their G's off of words like jumping and swimming. To hear the voice of Big Brother do this gets on my wick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Another one I've noticed now is 'knocked the door'... has the 'on' been omitted all over England? Or is it a Northern thing?? :/
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    spoons wrote: »
    As bad as the americanisms are at least they don't drop their G's off of words like jumping and swimming. To hear the voice of Big Brother do this gets on my wick.

i'm not so sure, she said "chattin' shit" endlessly last night
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    In Aussie we drink 'piss' (beer) and get 'sh*it faced' (drunk/pissed). She should have just said she was sh*t faced - or would that be derogatory to Alicia.
  • Options
    Mastes1Mastes1 Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have often said "i'm pissed" as in pissed off, for years.
    I didn't realize it was an American thing.
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one in Brighton says I'm pissed unless they are talking about alcohol consumption.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mastes1 wrote: »

It is. Now young people (and Patsy) use it in this country. I resolutely never will. ^_^
    I'm also not about to start saying 'I could care less' when the intended meaning is it's direct opposite.
    It's bad enough people here saying 'I ain't done nothing wrong.' WRONG. Yes you have. That sentence for a start.

I'm off for a cuppa. ^_^
  • Options
    chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    American slang is in common usage in Essex? :o

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs and sit on me fanny. :D

Owww. The dancing must make you very limber.

I'm disconcerted by the 'fanny pack'.

They keep them in a pack?!

I didn't even know you could run out...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    It is. Now young people (and Patsy) use it in this country. I resolutely never will. ^_^
    I'm also not about to start saying 'I could care less' when the intended meaning is it's direct opposite.
    It's bad enough people here saying 'I ain't done nothing wrong.' WRONG. Yes you have. That sentence for a start.

I'm off for a cuppa. ^_^

Quick call the grammar Police !! (Lol)

I totally agree with all these remarks, also when did people start saying "Genterman" instead of Gentlemen? i.e Ladies and Genterman. Sounds stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mastes1 wrote: »

I have often said I've pissed my pants, over the years,

I didn't realise I was meant to be saying, "I have pissed in my trousers".

How embarrassed I was, when I realised my mistake (and what they must have thought!)...
  • Options
    ChoccyPeanutsChoccyPeanuts Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I'm pissed that she uses it on the wrong context. Pissed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    she's pissed and chattin' shit......

She's pissed and chattin' shit and just not down with this disrespect from her hommies :D
  • Options
    Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chavet wrote: »
    I have often said I've pissed my pants, over the years,

I didn't realise I was meant to be saying, "I have pissed in my trousers".

How embarrassed I was, when I realised my mistake (and what they must have thought!)...

Presumably your pants under your trousers have got a dousing too, that's if you weren't going commando.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Panda Eyes wrote: »
    Presumably your pants under your trousers have got a dousing too, that's if you weren't going commando.

Mostly, I like to wear my pants over my trousers, so it tends to be okay.
  • Options
    britchick_99702britchick_99702 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Rose34 wrote: »
    Another one I've noticed now is 'knocked the door'... has the 'on' been omitted all over England? Or is it a Northern thing?? :/

I've noticed, here in Essex, my friends appear to omit 'to the' when saying ' I'm going to the toilet'. ' im going toilet' makes no sense. I've never heard of 'knocked the door' either and I'm a Northener. Just laziness in my opinion.
  • Options
    Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mostly, I like to wear my pants over my trousers, so it tends to be okay.

It's good look, and I imagine would save you the hassle of wearing new ones everyday.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Owww. The dancing must make you very limber.

I'm disconcerted by the 'fanny pack'.

They keep them in a pack?!

I didn't even know you could run out...

Its mostly a question of getting the balance right. :D That and lots of leg stretches to keep them flexible so you can get them behind your ears. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Does it really matter though when you all knew exactly what she meant?
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    ...Does it really matter though when you all knew exactly what she meant?

That's the whole point - I totally misunderstood and misconstrued the conversation for quite a while. It was ambiguous - I was thinking 'well she doesn't seem that drunk to me'.
  • Options
    ChoccyPeanutsChoccyPeanuts Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I hope that British people aren't starting to refer to maths as 'math'. Just a random thought I had that tied in to this thread. :blush:
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm baffled why the Brits are lowering themselves to USAisms. I sent most of Chloe's rant wondering why she didn't seem that DRUNK to me; then Katie, eating her morning Cornflakes, claimed also to be very drunk; then Patsy--speaking to Other Brits--said the same! Maybe these HMs should be in the USA Version? Good riddance, frankly. But Michelle speaks fluent British English as she KNOWS where she is!

Lowering themselves? Wow that's really offensive.

Maybe they're just not xenophobic and/or closed minded.
    FYI there is no Celebrity version of BB but if there was the celebrities would be playing for charity and not to line their own pockets.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont Aussies use this expression for being annoyed at something as well
  • Options
    QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That one REALLY annoys me! Especially when it comes from reasonably intelligent people that should know better. >:(
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Getting on my last nerve, really, well, gets on my nerves.