Top Gear

Comments

• jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pompous and rude ...on a Jeremy Clarkson comment ....PMSL
    Just because he is doesn't mean nobody else can be. Plenty of people are pompous and rude. You, it seems, are definitely one of them.
    Like he is the antithesis of Pompous and rude.
    I suggest you look up the concept 'straw man argument'.
    Its not a secret that JC has issues with his sexuality
    Is that according to his wife (i don't think she's actually divorced him yet), well publicised ex-mistress or two children? (NOTE: I don't actually care about Jeremy Clarkson's sexuality. But you seem to care very much, which I think is rather odd).
    and homophobia.
    Do you have anything to substantiate any of the allegations you're making? Or are you just a rather simplistic troll?
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did find it amusing that Clarkson asked for lessons in punching despite his efforts with Piers Morgan
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »
    I did find it amusing that Clarkson asked for lessons in punching despite his efforts with Piers Morgan

Clarkson did damage his hand when he punched out Morgan, I think he showed it on TV once.

Anyone who punches Piers morgan deserves a medal.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,117
    Forum Member
    He said he had never punched anyone before. It was during an interview on Parkinson's show.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    He said he had never punched anyone before. It was during an interview on Parkinson's show.

he did, back in 02/03 ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2ZsMFY0fg#

Funny interview

Also

When they mentioned Hammond breaking his Ferrari (which was astonishingly poorly constructed)

Did anyone notice the huge sratch down the left hand side of Mays R8 ....was a far old scrape (expensive)

(see it when Clarkson, is messing with his glasses and look over his right shoulder during the hoods up race (second hoods up race) around 30mins in...maybe a bit longer..
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I think it's pretty obvious that they push some of the younger and/or better looking females to the front.
    Infact I think it's been stated on a TG thread by an audience member.
    At one point the official line was that they position smaller people at the front, and statistically those tended to be female. For whatever reason, totty-spotting used to be a productive sport on Top Gear. However, in recent series I have found it to be less so.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't the cars they use on these tests basically review cars I.e. cars used for tv shows, mag reviews etc, I'm pretty sure they aren't given a brand new 458 every time they use one.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Aren't the cars they use on these tests basically review cars I.e. cars used for tv shows, mag reviews etc, I'm pretty sure they aren't given a brand new 458 every time they use one.
    You'd have thought so, especially with the damage that can happen.

One occasion I can think of where they needed to raid the contact book was when the drummer of Pink Floyd (I think) lent them his Ferrari for the day.
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »

James car said press office under the license plate
    Forum Member
    I hope it's a good show tonight.
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone shed some light on how the financing of this show works.....as I understand it, Clarkson and the two muppets are paid by the BBC using our licence fees, the BBC sell the rights worldwide using Clarksons production company such that JC pockets another few million. So we the eager viewers get to pay JC for playing around in fast cars in the knowledge that his puerile antics will actually generate more money for him.

Can I play as well please
    Forum Member
    Does it matter?
    They probably have several - different drivers for when they are on location or a company's own test driver who is the only one authorised to test drive a particular car etc.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Does it matter?
    They probably have several - different drivers for when they are on location or a company's own test driver who is the only one authorised to test drive a particular car etc.
    Probably not, just interesting who the main driver is. Wonder if this one will get the sack like the last one....
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Top Gear on series link and due to the poor episode last week plus the Tour de France finish, I'll watch it tomorrow.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well on my clock it just hit 20:00 and Top Gear was already on it's first segment!
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started two minutes early! :mad:
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that car is amazing
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Probably not, just interesting who the main driver is. Wonder if this one will get the sack like the last one....
    According to that article it's fans who have outed him. He hasn't admitted anything - or written a book about it (as far as we know ;))
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that car is amazing
    The seats in it look sad.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally a good electric car :p
    Forum Member
    Jeremy and his plans again :D