No Diggity has re-entered the charts.

Dex_BracewellDex_Bracewell Posts: 155
Forum Member
People has been confused on Twitter about No Diggity by Blackstreet re-entering the charts. It's now at 35 on iTunes.

I tried to look if it was on The Voice. I couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure I looked at the other programmes last night.

Why exactly has it re-entered? :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    because of this i presume?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwdK4N1ZEjw
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Doubtful - happened a good few weeks ago and the great british record buying public usually pick up on old songs within a day or so of hearing them.

Either way, it's a classic bit of 90's R&B ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God that cover by Sheeran and that other dude is horrific. No Diggity is awesome though, about time it was back in the charts :D.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Forgot about this, i've seen this pop up a good few times in the past few weeks. I'm growing a strong dislike for Passenger's voice though, he's never off the radio in Ireland.

I've actually heard No Diggity quite a bit this year, I figured it was because of Pitch Perfect. Either way it's a great song, definitely a classic :D
  • Billy HicksBilly Hicks Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    iTunes decrease several songs to 59p every week, this one happened to sell the highest. If you look at the iTunes top 200, you'll see a ton more oldies in the charts :)
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    These random re-entries always confuse me, but I reckon the above post is right and it's (usually) just due to a price drop. These songs are also at 59p and are currently in the top 100 on iTunes

Usher - Yeah!
    Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
    City High - What Would You Do
    R. Kelly - Ignition
    Mario - Let Me Love You
    Aloe Blacc - I Need a Dollar
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    We didn't realise how lucky we were for something like 'No Diggity' to be a pretty standard release at the time. I also liked 'Don't Leave Me,' which had a lot of airplay at the time.
    danielleh wrote: »
    These random re-entries always confuse me, but I reckon the above post is right and it's (usually) just due to a price drop. These songs are also at 59p and are currently in the top 100 on iTunes

Usher - Yeah!
    Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
    City High - What Would You Do
    R. Kelly - Ignition
    Mario - Let Me Love You
    Aloe Blacc - I Need a Dollar

I agree with you. I happened to be browsing through the current top 100 yesterday and spotted City High's 'What Would You Do' in the lower echelons. I thought it was a good track at the time and to be fair it still has something about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because it was on pitch perfect x