Does anybody actually enjoy this heat?

pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can not stand it.I cant sleep its horrible to work in. Roll on autumn i say.

Comments

• Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amen sister
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it. This time next week I'll be in 40 degree weather and I can't wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    I love it. This time next week I'll be in 40 degree weather and I can't wait.

don't keep your dog locked in a hot car it could die
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I could stand this for ever! :D

Although it's too cool here tonight! >:(
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I love it. I moan about it at night but that's better than moaning about it being cold and wet and it's soon sorted with a fan.
  • made_in_londonmade_in_london Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I'm fed up with it now :D
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not great to work in, my lunch hour now consists of going to ASDA and staying in the freezer section. I envy those with Air Con.
  • made_in_londonmade_in_london Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    It's not great to work in, my lunch hour now consists of going to ASDA and staying in the freezer section. I envy those with Air Con.

I'm off work this week and really missing my air con - sad or what!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't keep your dog locked in a hot car it could die

No worries- I usually strap my imaginary dog to the roof anyway.

Breezy.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Dad used to love the heat, just thrived on it, sweated like mad mind, but adored it.

My Mother hates it, thinks she's going to spontaneously combust and lies in darkened rooms.

I take after her. I sleep under very little in the depths of winter, from about May I sleep under one cotton cellular blanket. I went into the Coop yesterday and almost fainted from the shocking cool of the air conditioning.

My daughter is like my Father, she doesn't seem to even notice it much, takes the blanket off her duvet mind.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Breezy.

:D:D
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I don't mind it during the day. It's annoying when it's difficult to sleep though.
  • Velvet GloveVelvet Glove Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it when I'm not at work! The commute (I walk) has been very pleasant though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Breezy.

tut tut, it could fall off
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did at first but I'm getting fed up of it now. I'd like it to stay hot and sunny, but a few degrees lower would be more comfortable. I walked out of a supermarket earlier this evening and the heat hit me as soon as I walked out, like it does when you go on holiday and first step off the plane. The highest temperatures I've ever been in were mid to high 40s and that was crazy heat, would never wanna be anywhere as hot as that again!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its good for working on your tannage but i prefer it around the 10s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tut tut, it could fall off

Well, they won't let me tie him to the bumper anymore...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they won't let me tie him to the bumper anymore...

i think the best bet is to leave it at home
  • Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying the hot weather is a sign that you are going to hell.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sargeant80 wrote: »
    Enjoying the hot weather is a sign that you are going to hell.

So you're acclimatizing yourself then?
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I hope it lasts for ever.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I did at first but I'm getting fed up of it now. I'd like it to stay hot and sunny, but a few degrees lower would be more comfortable. I walked out of a supermarket earlier this evening and the heat hit me as soon as I walked out, like it does when you go on holiday and first step off the plane. The highest temperatures I've ever been in were mid to high 40s and that was crazy heat, would never wanna be anywhere as hot as that again!

I had that today as soon as I walked out of our air conditioned office, in the hallway the heat just hit me. It was the same like you said as walking off a plane.

I'm enjoying it, but it's true if the fans not on in the bedroom it's uncomfortable at night no matter how little I wear or how much I sleep on top of the covers.

I am a lover of the sun though :cool:
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    It's nice when you aren't at work, Work is like an oven, some of the wards even have heating on! I really only like hot temperatures when I'm on holiday with a pool to cool down in. I've just come back from the Canaries, temps were around 30, but it felt more comfortable than the humid type heat we have. We had air con in the apartment but barely used it on a night as there was a lovely cooling breeze. Here it's just hot and stuffy on a night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying this heat. Summer > winter IMO.
  • AliKatAliKat Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    As a fair skinned natural redhead (albeit with a bit of help these days!!), I must admit I'm struggling a bit in these temperatures and having a summer cold hasn't really helped! Just wish it would get cooler at night.