Options

Get judy out.

Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
Forum Member
So we can get the real competition going, all of this voting to please the producers to vote for Judy is gonna have to cease and there will eventually be better dancers to go through. :)

Comments

• Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    So we can get the real competition going, all of this voting to please the producers to vote for Judy is gonna have to cease and there will eventually be better dancers to go through. :)

Perlease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The public are voting for her. It will not necessarily last. It is an entertainment programme. The future of mankind does not depend on it.
  • Options
    sydrobsydrob Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day it's a popularity contest and people vote for those they like. I like Judy, I haven't voted for her but I would vote for her over at least 5 of those left in the show.
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Judy, hope she makes the final
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    with Judy the lights are on but no one is in?

If she gets voted out SHE'LL LAUGH. If she get voted in SHE'LL LAUGH.

So, everyone's laughing.

YAWN:D
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Judy, hope she makes the final

I like Judy too but I deffo don't want to see her in the final. :o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice lady Judy is but there's definitely some favouritism going on.

I think it's because she's cut from the same timber as Tess :o
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sydrob wrote: »
    At the end of the day it's a popularity contest and people vote for those they like. I like Judy, I haven't voted for her but I would vote for her over at least 5 of those left in the show.

Agree and this is coming from someone that didn't even liker her pre SCD;-)

She has really shown what a good sport she is (no pun intended)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sportgal9 wrote: »
    Nice lady Judy is but there's definitely some favouritism going on.

I think it's because she's cut from the same timber as Tess :o

The edits have definitely been designed to ensure she stays in for as long as possible, I do believe big boss Louise rainbow is behind this, she isn't fit to wear the shirt in that case. :( >:(
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Judy's great (even if her dancing isn't) and I enjoy the show a little more because she's in it, so I'm fine if she stays (I've voted for her loads :)), but, as we get nearer to the gritty end, I won't mind if she goes.

What I don't understand is the idea she's benefitting from favouritism! The judges have been much kinder to the other duffers in their remarks and Judy has had terrible scores. Apart from getting a good frock each week, what evidence is there of being favoured? And why would they want her to be? :confused:
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The edits have definitely been designed to ensure she stays in for as long as possible, I do believe big boss Louise rainbow is behind this, she isn't fit to wear the shirt in that case. :( >:(

Am I the only one who doesn't understand a word of this?
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Threads like these end up achieving the opposite effect...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying watching Judy, but haven't voted for her.
    I would hate to see someone who can dance go out before her, but she is bringing some entertainment to the show when the other contestants have been boring (the only exciting dance has been Jake's first dance IMO).
  • Options
    Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned this in my five thoughts how I pre judged Judy and regret doing so, even seeing things on twitter like her going to dinner with Steve and just general interaction with other celebs and pros she really has took the experience in her stride and I enjoy watching her, takes a lot to receive the verbal bashings she does
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A serious question..

is Judy the first person to compete on strictly based on being the mother of someone famous?

Not sure you can call "fist-pumping" at her son every year (at SW19 )as being a celeb? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    A I the only one who doesn't understand a word of this?

You are not alone. :confused:
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Posts like this and the ones that say that she is still in because all of Scotland must be voting for her made me vote for her for the first time last night. IMO you are helping her cause.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A serious question..

is Judy the first person to compete on strictly based on being the mother of someone famous?

Not sure you can call "fist-pumping" at her son every year (at SW19 )as being a celeb? :o

Whilst you may not have heard of her, JM was well-known long before her sons achieved renown. :)
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    A serious question..

The only requirement is to be a celebrity i.e. the public know who you are. I dare say a lot more of the public know who she is than a lot of the other contestants!

In the end if people don't like her - don't vote for her. And leave others to make their own choices.

Its just a bit of fun for the cold winter nights!
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A serious question..

Well she is the captain of the British Fed Cup team and a talented player in her own right. Also the manager of Andy and Jamie...two talented players of renoun.

With the level of zelebrity that is now fodder for SCD, I think she has every right to participate and to date, whilst she cannot dance for toffee, I am enjoying her good nature in the face of appalling critiques from the judges.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A serious question..

Going by your user name, you already know she's also a tennis coach, the British Fed cup captain and a tennis commentator and pundit on radio 5 :).
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A serious question..

Well, she is a person in her own right with her own career - but if that is why she was cast then II suppose it makes a change from the famous for who they married/slept with we often get ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Again, not knocking her. Nice lady. Always smiling.

However, i'd say Tim Wonnacott had more natural athleticism than Judy.

She has to be the most UN-Sporty contestant in the history of SCD.

I guess that's what you call a paradox:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, not knocking her. Nice lady. Always smiling.

However, i'd say Tim Wonnacott had more natural athleticism than Judy.

She has to be the most UN-Sporty contestant in the history of SCD.

I guess that's what you call a paradox:D

Tennis peeps are terrible dancers. It's just a fact :p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand a word of this?

Put it this way the production team couldn't care less about dancing, all they care about is ratings and the rest of it. :( >:(
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Put it this way the production team couldn't care less about dancing, all they care about is ratings and the rest of it. :( >:(

Mmm, I'm as critical of the producers as the next person but isn't caring about the ratings their job?