Options

Call barring.

louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a sony experia M2, and am always being cold called, by a binary trading company, accident claims, etc. Can anyone tell me, is there a way to bar certain numbers, or do I need to subscribe to the service? I am with EE.

Comments

• Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could start by registering with the TPS if you haven't already - http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html - though it won't prevent everything.

Does the phone itself support call barring? Some of them do, they will reject the call for you without having to involve the network operator.

It won't be perfect either way, since it's so easy for cold callers to change the number that appears on your phone and thus any blocking you might have in place. I've had calls from ridiculous numbers like 01234 567890 and 000000
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    louise1966 wrote: »
    I have a sony experia M2, and am always being cold called, by a binary trading company, accident claims, etc. Can anyone tell me, is there a way to bar certain numbers, or do I need to subscribe to the service? I am with EE.

theres a app called trucaller that tells you the name of the company and what their online community say they usually call for, this happens instantly when your phone starts ringing, so you can decide wether to accept the call or not.

There is also a "block" option, so if any number you block ever calls again, you wont get the call, it puts a report in trucallers log.
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, all.