To those who watch EE on BBC-A....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    andy- you won't have to pay for the fraiser tickets I have never know this for any tv show here or in the US. I think the reasoning for this is its a very long and at times boring process to record tv shows and it would be wrong to charge for it. Indeed when on the NBC Studio tour I learnt on the Rosie O'Donnell show they used to give a plug to one item each day on the condition teh company that they were plugging gave them enough for every member of the studio audience to have one each. they were walking away with x box's digital cameras etc!

the hardest part will be getting the tickets and even then you are not guaranteed in as like airlines they over subscribe to make sure of a full house. the paramount site now doesnt work for me it must be down, thank god for Googles cach this is th vital info:

For reservations, please call
    Paramount Guest Relations at
    (323) 956-1777
    between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (PST) weekdays.

For recorded show schedules and further guest information, please call
    Paramount Show Information at
    (323) 956-5575.

Use the Komtel number I quoted earlier to call these numbers at UK National rate and let me know what the deal is I am getting tempted to come with you!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW - how did a welsh girl end up in West Virginia then?Also what part do you come from as i've bn there twice in the past month!
    Looking at your profile you do have starz movie channels which is more than I can say for Sky Movies! All we get during the day time is kids movies right up to 8.00pm which takes the piss considering they show them over and over and over.
    Also you seem to get alot of movies far earlier looking at the PPV stuff for direc tv!!!
    Wouldn't it be quicker if you jsut got someone to record Eastenders over here then get them to post it to you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok simong2002, i'll give them a ring and see what the deal is for tickets
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy......me and my American hubby were pen pals for 4 years before we got married. I met him through a mutual aquaintence of ours. No email *in those days* so we trans Atlantic dated for 2 years after our initial meeting to the time we got married. I went to the US to visit him and to some of the ports his carrier pulled into. So we did have some quality time together. We`ve been married almost 13 years now and have 2 wonderful kids. Even though hubby is retired from the Navy now, I still wish sometimes he was still in.
    Back on topic...........even though we are 3 weeks behind the UK in EE episodes and have commercials in the the 2 and a half hour show, I wouldn`t trade my EE viewing time for a million bucks. Everyone in my family knows EE time is MY time and I treasure it. Plus all the great EE sites I go to I`ve met some wonderful people - another huge bonus.
    Oops almost forgot....my hown town in South Wales is Cwmbran in the borough of Torfaen. Ever heard of it? Its inbetween Pontypool and Newport.
    Haven`t been home since 1999, so I do get very very homesick, and I truly appreciate your offer of crisps.Thanks very much, but I`ll sadly have to decline.... oooh the temptation though. Not sure hubby would fancy me though if I ended up like Two Ton Tessie :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aaaahhhhh fairly tale romance! :-)

Yeah i don't really watch much, but Friaser is a must see for me, as the same with East Enders is for you!

I have been on a 80km walk around Capel Curig and camped near a mountain called Trefan (has two stones on it called the adam and eve stones -apparently if you jump from one to the other it brings good luck! )
    I have also been to Welshpool with a mate to the welshpool & llanfair light railway as part of my gold award if you know where these places are?
    the only thing that pontypool remend me of is fireman sam - great kids show when i was young!!!

LOL sureely a few crisps can't be as bad as those Andy Capp salsa fries you talked about! :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By the Way - what is a Twinkie???? I've seen it on The Simpsons before but I turned on the The Fox News Channel and saw some guy deep frying them and the presenter talking on and on about them but I had no idea what one is!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Hey Andy...a Twinkie is an oblong shaped cake filed with cream...it is the ultimate piece of american junk food...something Homer is in 7th heaven with. AAhhhh the good old USA land of junk food....our whole culture centers around food....you go to a restaurant and order fish and chips and you get this small tiny portion of fried fish and 15 pounds of fries :confused: The only time I ever order dessert is when i am in the UK..the portions are small and just enough for you to have room for dessert. You guys know how to serve and cook great food:) :p:)
    Forum Member
    Andy--just thought of something...a swap...I will send you a parcel of traditonal american junk food ...from twinkies to wing dings and all sort of fun junk food and you in return send a box of assorted crisps...plus those whoo la hoops ...what are those anyway? Just a thought :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Jansey, Hula Hoops are to die for. They`re round with a hole in the middle, similar texture to Pringles.Think of a thick chunky Wedding Ring, thats the size of Hula Hoops.. And they come in a range of flavours.....beef, original, salt&vinegar,cheese &onion. Last time I was in the Uk I saw they had sour cream and onion flavour too. Probably have other flavours since then.
    Ok Andy, you have a deal. i`ll also send you some American fare I think you`ll like if you send me a few bags of Coronation chicken crisps and some Maltesers ...........deal?
    Do you like tortilla chips? They have a flavour here called "hint of lime' and they are gorgous.Can send you a bag ot two if you like
    Jansey, if I`m ever lucky enough to win the WV Powerball I`m bringing you to South Wales with me and we can do the Pub crawling thing(bar hopping), pubs and club thing, and hire a plane to bring back a ton of brit goodies :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanx
    yer food over here is great but i find that there aren't enough deserts - always seems to be scoops of ice cream, cake , or sundae.

lol - i've had friends who have gone to the USA ordered a large meal (with the large UK version in mind) and got a bucket of fries a bucket of coke and enough beef for a sunday roast!

Yer the swap sounds a good idea.

Whats a Wing Ding then? Also do you have white choclate cookie dough and fudge cookie dough?

Also is every thing sealed in a vaccum. Crisps are over here so they won't loose there taste while being transported in the airpalne hold which can get very cold/hot ,does the same apply for Twinkies and the like to preserve the food on a trans atlantic crossing?

Yer sending some hula hoops should be ok. I think they do Prawn Cocktail to but not as good as Walkers Prawn cocktail crisps!
    http://www.emanator.demon.co.uk/bigclive/hula.htm - this is the best site I can find with a picture of them - not that good and I don't think the owners of the site aren't particular fans of them!

Yer those tortilla chips sound nice! would you like sny thing else apart from maltesers - startburst - revels etc?

Wow your lottery is far better than outs.
    I saw Fox News - its the only 24 hour american new channel we get -sometimes we get MSNBC - but they were talking about how 4 tickets scooped $120 Million .
    Make our £4 miilion lottery look wimpy! The highest it has been is when one person won £22 million but then the government imposed a cap of about £20 million :-(

Also watching Fox News do you know who ManDog is? - he sometimes makes guest apperences from his radio studio (from chicago?) on Fox and Friends?

lol - I was surpried whwn i went to wales they had 3 pubs 100metres apart!
    You should come to Nottingham as well, loads of clubs,bars and pubs here!
    Forum Member
    Hello andy...we have cookie dough as far as ice cream is concerned. a ring ding is a chocolate small iced covered cake with cream in the middle. As far as vacuumed sealed I am not sure about all of the products but I am sure they will survive the flight. We also have this potato chip called Munchos which are deep fried chips, really crunchy and completely non nurishing...yummmm. I will put a list together and get back to you with details.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy, at least you have better odds of winning the UK lottery compared to the US ones. In the Powerball here, its about 10 states that take part. There are other states that have their own. NY, Florida, and Virginia to name a few.
    Wing Dings, Ho Ho`s etc are just like the chocolate mini rolls in the UK but a different shape. They don`t even have fresh cream cakes here unless you make your own.The cream in cakes here is the synthetic stuff. It don`t bother me really as I`m not a fan of cakes. I do like the icing on the Birthday cakes here though, its not the rock hard icing and marzipan stuff.
    Does marks and Spencers still sell their own brand of prawn cocktail Skips and salt and vinegar Chipsticks? I used to adore those.
    PM me with your email, and I`ll do likewise. I forsee many boxes of goodies going from WV to your house :D
    Nos Da (goodnight)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi jansey--ee & wavlovr,

Ok - so don't they do Cookie dough like in those posh icing bags where you sqeeze them and out comes the dough? Like squirty cream that comes in those cans? I'd really like to try some as it sound delicous.

I don't know about the prawn cocktail crisps - next time i'm in town i'll pop into marks and sparks and see if they sell any of those crisps still.
    They also sell belgium white choclate if you are intrested.Its pure white chocalate but very nice!

Also would you two like some clotted cream fudge? The British made fudge is the best!

thanx for the list - could you put a small description by each item to please?

i'll have to do one myself

Over here the lottery odds of winning are 14 million to 1 - i'm lucky if I get one number!

Yer I can see many boxes of goodies coming to your house from Nottingham too!

Nos Da
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy and jansey..........
    I was in our local WalMart today and I saw some Hula Hoops type crisps in the new Frito Lay chip/crisp canister. They were BBQ beef flavour. Can`t for the life of me remember what they were called but will know `em again when I see `em.
    Andy..what i`m going to do is buy some of those canistors of chips I mentioned and send them to you. If you like them then I`ll send you the large bags. Although the cansiters i`m sending them in won`t turn into crumbs like the other chips would. Most of them are tortilla chips. nacho cheese, Ranch etc, but I`ve seen the onion rings variety too. Also gonna send some Jell-o pudding mixes. Nowhere near as good as Angel Delight/Instant Whip but they`re not bad.
    I can see us over the next few months joining a gym to lose the extra stone or two. jansey, a stone is 14 pounds in weight!
    :D
    Forum Member
    i have notice those new Frito Lay chips they even call them crisps. I will have to go to the local WalMart and see if they have them. when you say the onion ring type are you talking about the ones from Wise?? yummm .....I"ll send Andy a mismacs of stuff too..americana type junk food......andy need your address please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah , PM me with your E-Mail and we'll swap address.

BTW - the save Eastenders on BBC America has really had a lot of coverage - I was listening to Chris Moyles on Radio 1 -its a great afternoon show with Chris, Comedy Dave, Producer Will and Thin Lizzy - and even they mentoined it. They were talking about ''I wonder how far they are behind the episodes in the UK etc''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/
    chris.moyles@bbc.co.uk

I dare one of you to send him an E-Mail about East Enders and put your home/work number in it - he broadcasts Monday to Friday 3.00pm -5.45pm (Uk time) so Eastern Time (US) thats 10.00am -12.45. I've heard him ring quite a few Americans and he visited the US a while back in May -so thats shows how much he likes the USA. He also likes to here from ex-pats too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE in the US are 3 weeks behind. it used to be 2 until they started messing around with the times and dates.
    Cheers Andy, I`ll check out that link. Haven`t listened to radio 1 for ages. Its a whole new format from when I used to it last in Dec 89 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah its changed a lot . Still with a fast net connection its good to leave on in the background. Its better qulaity than what I can get through my stereo!
    And theres no adverts!!!!!! Do you find them annoying. I watch Letterman from CBS on ITV2 over here and Jay Leno and Conen 'O' Brian on CNBC and i'm amazed at the amount of fake blackouts where they ''go to adverts'' its like every 5 minutes???Sureley there can't be that many??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Jay Leno, I think he`s brilliant. Can`t stand Letterman though, he makes my skin crawl.
    Here ya go Andy...............http://tonightshow.msn.com/
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Leno is great but CNBC over here are a business channel so we only get two shows a week at the weekend and we get 4 conon o brian -other wise its MSNBC News or teleshopping!!!! - week days its 24 hour business news - yawn
    Letterman gets shown mon - fri one day late but i don't know how old the leno shows are over here?

BTW i'm on messenger now!

Thanx 4 the website!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww flip, must have just missed you Andy! I was so excited about that post re: Lynne that I had to report that lil snippet of info to the *other camp* and then the Digital Spy forum was down for a while. No biggie though, we can chat again I`m sure.I just wanted to tell you that in my local shop they had chilli and cheese fries. I bought a bag but haven`t tried them out yet.

Andy....what coverage from the USA will you be getting for the September 11th rememberance day?
    On BBC-America here we`re getting continuos back to back episodes of Ground Force in NY. There are some stations that day that will be completely commercial free.
    jansey.........wasn`t that website I sent you heartbreaking :'(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yer Chesse and Chilli sound nice.
    Already over here the Big 4 terrsestrial (BBC/ITV1/C4/C5) chanenls have started documentories about the events that happend and unfolded through different perspectives.

Won't BBC America show BBC World then or does that have its own channel?

BBC 1 will cover the same as BBC News 24 (they are advert free any way as we pay the TV Liscense) with the events that fold through New York with the ceromonies and this will probably happen on ITV1 and possibly C4 and C5

Sky News have there own coverage from New York /Washington
    Fox news will be the same but without adverts
    CNBC may broadcast MSNBC and CNN International will probably be the US version of CNN.
    I know that BBC1 are going to show the CBS programme on Sept 11 - i think its the CBS one - aparenly people complained about it being shown in the US but the BBC have gone ahead with the full version?

Its gonna be a sad day - I remeber when I came home early afternoon and I felt the urge to switch on the TV and it was showing a repeat of the last tower collasping a moment befor as I walked through the door . It was terriable.
    Forum Member
    Hello Here is a great site to check out that wavlovr sent to me..takes a little time to download but it is well worth it.

http://www.5000heroes.com/

you will have to copy and paste......not sure how to use the http thingy above.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You did it fine jansey luv, the link works great.
    Have to go find that other link I was sent last year. It was amazing.
    Forum Member
    Sen the link over please the other one was wonderful and sad at the same time.