Jack and Claire (Spoiler)

Mizz FilthMizz Filth Posts: 1,193
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I haven't watched this series yet, was going to wait til it finished to have a marathon session, but I want to know how it became known they were brother and sister?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mizz Filth wrote:
    I haven't watched this series yet, was going to wait til it finished to have a marathon session, but I want to know how it became known they were brother and sister?
    I am assuming you are talking about Lost, in which case it can only be one thing - Poor Story Writing (or at least not very imaginative)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mizz Filth wrote:
    Claire had a flashback episode in which she was involved in a car crash. Her mother was badly hurt and her (their) dad turned up. Technically they're only half brother and sister though. Some people have been saying they were brother and sister since one of Jack's flashback episodes, when his dad was seen arguing with an Australian woman that looked a lot like Claire(?).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone recall if we ever knew of Jack's mother, I don't think we did ? It got me thinking maybe they were full brother and sister!

Just thank god he hasn't done the deed with her !! Eeeww!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bar-f1 wrote:
    Can anyone recall if we ever knew of Jack's mother, I don't think we did ? It got me thinking maybe they were full brother and sister!

Just thank god he hasn't done the deed with her !! Eeeww!!
    I'm pretty sure we met Jack's mother/his dad's wife all the way back in season one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    r2d2d3d4d5 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure we met Jack's mother/his dad's wife all the way back in season one.

Yeah, we did.
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    r2d2d3d4d5 wrote:
    Claire had a flashback episode in which she was involved in a car crash. Her mother was badly hurt and her (their) dad turned up. Technically they're only half brother and sister though. Some people have been saying they were brother and sister since one of Jack's flashback episodes, when his dad was seen arguing with an Australian woman that looked a lot like Claire(?).

It was an Anna-Lucia episode last season where his dad was arguing with the woman, asking to see his daughter.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    I already knew this, but I'm sure those who didn't really appreciate you putting it in the title!
  • Weeping DreamsWeeping Dreams Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I already knew this, but I'm sure those who didn't really appreciate you putting it in the title!

I thought he was referring to Jack Duckworth and Claire Peacock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was referring to Jack Duckworth and Claire Peacock.
    Oh yes, and that would explain why it's in the Cult section!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, and that would explain why it's in the Cult section!

Thank you Reginald Butler.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mizz Filth wrote:

With the number of posts you have made on these forums I would have thought you would have heard about spoilers and the rules.

This is a major spoiler and I am VERY pissed off that you have ruined the revelation for me. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,726
    Forum Member
    jimboc wrote:
    With the number of posts you have made on these forums I would have thought you would have heard about spoilers and the rules.

This is a major spoiler and I am VERY pissed off that you have ruined the revelation for me. :mad:

its technically not a spoiler as the episode has aired on sky one afew weeks back, i dont have sky and probably would of been abit annoyed like you if i was not downloading it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimboc wrote:

What constitutes a spoiler? I would agree if it was an up coming episode but this happened a few weeks ago.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What constitutes a spoiler? I would agree if it was an up coming episode but this happened a few weeks ago.

I agree a spoiler relates to an episode not yet aired. One its been aired though I think its fair game to discuss any and all aspects of the storyline.

As or Lost? Seriously, WTF is up with this show?
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you haven't watched it yet and you're spoiled by this 'revelation' then it's your own fault. The fact that they're half-brother and sister was pretty much smashed over our heads with a mallet in the season 2 episode 'Two For The Road' anyway. But everyone thought it was Claire's mother who Christian Shephard was arguing with, now we know it was her aunt.

My theory is that Christian made sure his two children ended up on the plane and that he's alive and well on the island (hence empty coffin and the fact that Jack saw him walking around, even though, of course, there's always the chance that it was a vision, but after all this time it would be crap, I think Christian was staring out at the beach to make sure his two kids were OK).
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    jimboc wrote:

was the title not Jack and Claire (Spoiler)when you read it as in mods chang it or did you Guss from the title because it was so obvious :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was the title not Jack and Claire (Spoiler)when you read it as in mods chang it or did you Guss from the title because it was so obvious :confused:

The original thread title was something like WTF...Jack and Claire are brother and sister.